As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blade & Soul] WARLOCK! Poharan/Cerulean Order! Leveling Challenge!

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Well /f on Mushin is suddenly unusable. It was fine for a good long while, but here come the gold spammers.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Me and @Blue map have being strolling around with our PVP clothes on most the day. Only had one issue where a level 21 ganked us when we were 14ish.

I think my favourite moment was a Blade Dancer trying to start on him (we never started the fights). He charges in, recieves a boot to the face. Gets scooped up by Blue Map and is dead before the grapple ends.

Also I couldn't figure out how to disable UI but I liked this office:

kybcyqgggbuw.jpg

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    I can't buy Coins from the wbesite for some reason, the stupid buy ncoins pages loads eternally. They do not want me to give them money so I can play their game. Why god...

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    dive bomb is the shit

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Also I couldn't figure out how to disable UI

By default disabling the UI is ctrl+x, 1st press hides UI but leaves names, 2nd press hides everything.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Giving the game a shot, anyone on to toss an invite? ign: Lord Conqueror

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Me and @Blue map have being strolling around with our PVP clothes on most the day. Only had one issue where a level 21 ganked us when we were 14ish.

I think my favourite moment was a Blade Dancer trying to start on him (we never started the fights). He charges in, recieves a boot to the face. Gets scooped up by Blue Map and is dead before the grapple ends.

Also I couldn't figure out how to disable UI but I liked this office:

kybcyqgggbuw.jpg

Are those chests just set decoration or are we supposed to be able to loot them?

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Are those chests just set decoration or are we supposed to be able to loot them?

It seems to vary.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I am HarakiriSo in game, not sure who to contact for an invite.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Seems like the longer I am in queue, the longer the queue gets

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Ow ow ow ow ow.

Farmed up 10 guard insignias. A bit of work, but the outfits...

And then it turns out its 40 and I read wrong.

And then Dochun kicks my ass. Or really, the other three guards who won't stay dead. I can take a lot of shit solo when I can keep .5% max HP/sec going endlessly. (I was doing it in Jadestone, but was hoping Sentinel Coast would drop more... but there's no safe spot and the guard respawn rate is insane)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Well /f on Mushin is suddenly unusable. It was fine for a good long while, but here come the gold spammers.

When I was playing earlier there was at least 5 gold spamming messages a second for the entire hour I put into the game.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Also I couldn't figure out how to disable UI

By default disabling the UI is ctrl+x, 1st press hides UI but leaves names, 2nd press hides everything.

Also also, if you're PVEing and want to reduce screen clutter or some drain on cpu/gpu, you can use CTRL+F to hide all other player characters.

It seems to vary.

Unless I'm mistaken you need a certain key to use it? Like a Hongmoon Key or something along those lines. I'll see if I can track down more info.

EDIT: Apparently you need a generic Key and not a Hongmoon Key... and they're a little buggy. :rotate:

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I definitely was confused about why you'd want to wear the blackram outfit, neat that you get a boss to appear and farm that for tokens. Shame it's so fucking many.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    I definitely was confused about why you'd want to wear the blackram outfit, neat that you get a boss to appear and farm that for tokens. Shame it's so fucking many.

Well, it means it's something to work towards and that not everyone will have it. Which is nice, imo.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Decided to try this out last night.

Queue of 3+ hours...

I guess... I guess I'll try later/

• Options
    So, the bidding on loot system is pretty neat. I like it a lot in concept. That said, it's hugely disruptive to the flow a dungeon run that we have to stop and hash this out after every boss; especially since if you move into the next "sub zone" of the dungeon you can't bid anymore as far as I can tell. I think it'd be a lot better if all bidding was handled at the very end of a dungeon run, or at the very least let the run keep moving while people work the bidding out.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I actually started LotRO again yesterday when the queue was almost 4k... I bet that most of them are goldselling bots.

Today I updated my boot knife with the Jiangshu dagger, got it from the second Jiangshu hidden weapon thing. I was happy, especially after I tried my upgraded weapon and killed EVERYTHING with ease.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Apparently recording game footage is hard nowadays if you have an older GPU.

Thanks windows 10 for including recording software that I cannot use :(. This makes my plan to get an interim GPU before I get a whole new PC even more important, but I guess I am going to have to find some alternatives.

The video I got last night of my 4 wins never recorded, I tried to get some of a few matches really early before work but it recorded like garbage. So now I still have nothing.

I really want to get a youtube of pvp going for this game. I really wanted it to chronicle everything even from my pitiful beginnings, but too bad.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Grundlestiltskin I find the 'Bid' system to be terrible, and I'm shocked it made it into release. I'm honestly shocked it made it into the original release! There's an annoyance with it from being a player, but as a designer(though of a different sort) it makes my eye twitch that they essentially blow a big whistle for everything to screech to a halt for people to throw their money at something.

Not to mention some people are just dicks. Was in a dungeon last night and we only had one Assassin, and the dagger drops. Our Destroyer kept bidding against him as we're all giving them hell for it, by the end they'd unnecessarily bumped the cost of the drop for the Assassin by a good bit.

It's a bad system, and it should've been replaced. Ninja looters are bad enough, now imagine them and trolls who buy gold specifically to fuck with people and then try to sell the item to the person who wanted it.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    God damn, this is an older video from Korea (2014) but holy hell is this pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKmy6y0T1xE

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    I've liked the bid system so far aside from the disturbance to the dungeon flow. It should just keep going instead of making people stop everything and wait by a portal. I've yet to have anyone unnecessarily drive up the price on weapons and usually bid wars happen on soul shield pieces, costumes and recipes. I had Merry Potters Moonwater Techniques bid war up to 35 gold. Everyone else in the party got 7 gold for it...way better than Need/Greed where most everyone would 'Need' cause it was worth something rather than actually needing it. I think I'm mostly just glad a game is trying something that isn't Need/Greed but that could just be a honeymoon period. I'll see how I feel about it as time passes but thus far, it's definitely an improvement.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    And the trolls will be gone when the next MMO launches.

Have the devs said anything about the gols selling problem? I mean, it has to affect the queue lines, I can't read chat at all and the block has that 50 limit. It is ruining the fun for me.

Is it not that bad in the US servers?

• Options
    Grebnu wrote: »
    And the trolls will be gone when the next MMO launches.

Have the devs said anything about the gols selling problem? I mean, it has to affect the queue lines, I can't read chat at all and the block has that 50 limit. It is ruining the fun for me.

Is it not that bad in the US servers?

It's pretty bad on US servers, but I only look at Clan and Party chat anyway.

• Options
    Goldspam is horrid in the US servers, but typically you can turn off about 3 channels and be ok. The gold sellers aren't leveling so they are restricted to only the two global channels for the most part.

And unfortunately it is most certainly them clogging up the servers. I wonder how stringent the AFK boot is, as I suspected even when they added that the gold sellers were circumventing it somehow.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I've only seen 2-3 gold spammers at most at one time so far, usually just one, so I just report and block them. The global chats are probably worse without them honestly.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gold sellers tend to come in spurts. Like sometimes they aren't there for a bit and then they blow up and then get quieted down.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LehmanLehman Registered User regular
    Was having a problem adding myself to the Google doc if someone wants to add me. My in game name is Draggan and I'm a Level 35 Assassin. If it's not on there already do you think it would be a good idea to add each person's crafting and gathering professions as well?

Xbox Live: LehmanCM
    SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/lehmancm/
    BnS: Draggan (Server:Poharan)
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, in terms of soul shields, is there a way to upgrade soul shields, or am I supposed to just be replacing them constantly?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Could very likely just change the server line to professions, since we all obviously are on Poh and I don't know if anyone really needs to list their alt server characters there.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Since Snowgnarok is gonna have me house bound, I'm installing this to try it out.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I turned off region chat and haven't seen a gold seller since

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    So, in terms of soul shields, is there a way to upgrade soul shields, or am I supposed to just be replacing them constantly?

Up until max level you'll just replace them so it's a waste of powder to upgrade them. After that you can add a soul shield's main stat to another soul shield (mostly used for adding crit) the same way you upgrade weapons. It takes powder which you only get by salvaging other soul shields.

• Options
    Jars wrote: »

Occaisionally they show up in LFG which is hilarious and sad.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

Occaisionally they show up in LFG which is hilarious and sad.

Don't you know? It's the "Looking for Gold?" channel.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Are there any sites that just break down what abilities and the text on them actually do?

I've being combing through a bunch of Blade Dancer info and all of it all assumes you know exactly what the class can do off the bat.

• Options
    There is just the builder site which is a copy of (though better translated) the in game skill list.

But no there is not, though even if there was the animations of the skills is a huge aspect of it. It is often best to just go fiddle with them yourself. If you kept your starter weapon equip that and you should be able to fight things long enough to fiddle.

Eventually there are some pigs in this one zone with a good amount of health that heal it up and don't fight back. Perfect for training until the dummies come out.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Since Snowgnarok is gonna have me house bound, I'm installing this to try it out.

And after sitting in queue for like an hour without getting in, I guess I'm done?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Got my blight axe after two runs of blackram, probably run it a bit more to help others get some stuff. The bidding system is weird, especially for BOA items that are useless to other classes like the purple weapon drops.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

And after sitting in queue for like an hour without getting in, I guess I'm done?

If you want to just play, might need to temporarilly play on one of the new servers.

And no, you wont be able to transfer (but dungeons and pvp are cross server).