As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Opening Night Party - Video Games, Handhelds, Decks, Music, Drinks, Fun!

PennyPtonPennyPton Registered User regular
edited January 2016 in PAX South
Thank you PAX South for an AMAZING party and meetup! We hope everyone enjoyed the friendly atmosphere! Some of those Smash matches were legit and it was fun to watch the Left4Dead and Mario Kart players game through the night. We met so many new faces tonight, and it was really great to see the interactions and connections people made as they played their favorite games. Special thanks to On the Rocks Pub for opening their doors and providing great drinks, music, and excellent service. We hope everyone had a fun night and enjoyed a great kick-off to the PAX weekend!

Pictures :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1227599190602310.1073741852.874882735873959&type=1&l=293029a197

For more information about our group and sponsored charities, please visit us on the 2nd floor of the Diversity Lounge (Room 213) or feel free to contact us directly by FB or email.

Always Onward,
Ryan "Penny" Pennington
Houston Gaymers Board of Directors
Social and Business Development
www.facebook.com/houstongaymers
penny@houstongaymers.com

Dear PAX Attendees,

Houston Gaymers is teaming up with On the Rocks Pub for an official kick-off party for PAX South! We will be joined by other groups from Austin, Dallas Fort-worth, San Antonio, Mexico, and Phoenix! The event is not exclusive! All PAX attendees and the general public are welcome.

Special Guest : Cosplay Artist - Missy Rangal
http://www.sillylittlemissy.com

On the Rocks Pub is located just down the street from the Convention Center (270 Losoya St, San Antonio, Texas 78205) and offers excellent drink prices and live music! The party will start around 9pm, so feel free to go grab some dinner on the Riverwalk before coming over!

In addition we will have 5 console setups including Smash, Injustice, Nazi Zombie/LFD, Just Dance, and Mario Kart. We also encourage everyone to bring their own devices and decks to enjoy Monster Hunter, Hearthstone, Magic, Cards Against Humanity or any other game of your choice!

We look forward to seeing everyone at PAX 2016 and the opening party Friday night around 9pm at On the Rocks Pub in San Antonio!

Facebook Event Page : https://www.facebook.com/events/536803789812341/

Feel free to message me or respond with any questions! Super excited about coming out to PAX and meeting some new folks and avid enthusiasts!

See you next week!
~Penny

Social and Business Development
penny@houstongaymers.com
facebook.com/houstongaymers

dd74kxg2jc2b.jpg

PennyPton on

• Options
    xLira03xLira03 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Woot! Yay, Houston Gaymers! (I really need to join your local meet-ups...)

This is something I'm down for. :]

xLira03 on
  • Options
    Oh, are you from Houston?

• Options
    Yup! And I follow you guys on Twitter. Always miss the events though lol.

• Options
    That's too bad. We have a meetup this weekend in the heights with all of our traditional setups. We are also going a little old school and will have an Atari setup + we are streaming some movies on a big projector on the patio in honor of David Bowie and Allan Rickman. It is sure to be a lot of fun!

• Options
    kymberliekymberlie Vice President, Houston Gaymers Houston, TxRegistered User new member
    Hi, @xLira03! I run the Twitter account for Gaymers and want to make sure we're following you. :-) What's your Twitter name?

• Options
    Hi @kymberlie! You guys are following me on Twitter. @daRKLira is my Twitter name.

Besides checking often, is there a way to better know of your events ahead of time?

• Options
    If you go to our Facebook page > Events tab, you can actually subscribe and get notifications. We also have an HG app where you can get push notifications to your phone.

• Options
    PennyPton wrote: »
    If you go to our Facebook page > Events tab, you can actually subscribe and get notifications. We also have an HG app where you can get push notifications to your phone.

Wonderful, thanks!

• Options
    Woot! Glad so many people are interested and going to this! Heading to San Antonio now to scout out some places and take care of some stuff at the convention center. See everyone on Friday! 5 days till PAX!!! :D

• Options
    ArcadeTokenArcadeToken Registered User new member
    Sounds fun. Will need to check this out!

• Options
    Just thought I would post this here because I have been getting a couple of questions about it.

Can you wear cosplay to this bar? Are they friendly?
    Yes! I have personally met with the owner and they are very supportive and excited about our event. Even some of the bartenders are considering dressing up to join us in the festivities. Please feel free to wear your cosplays! On the Rocks Pub is close to a majority of the hotels around the convention center, so you can easily walk there!

Are there tickets/do you have to show your PAX badge?
    Nope! No cover and completely open to the public! PAX attendees and friends welcome!

Will there be (this game) there or people who play (this game) on their DS?
    There will be a lot of diverse game players at this party. We will have A diverse selection of games available for different players on consoles, and I know a lot of people will be playing on their DS. Chances are...you will find a group of players to hang out with who play the same games you enjoy. On the Rocks Pub also has 3 pool tables, shuffle board, and ping pong! There are also plenty of places to sit and spread out. They have bench seating against the walls and 9 six-seater tables.

• Options
    JT0418JT0418 san antonio, texasRegistered User regular
    If you guys are looking for somewhere to dance after there are plenty of bars on Main.....and also on St. Mary's Strip (Phantom Room and Brass Monkey), they are just a 5$ uber each way. I am a local and don't mind driving a few people to other places also. Always want to show my city off in the best light.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Cool. Our party is from 9pm-2am and will have live music until midnight and a DJ afterwards. We don't want to encourage people from leaving, but we can't compete with a genuine dance club. There will be room to shake your groove thing at our location as well, so hopefully people will stick around!

PennyPton on
  • Options
    talamandertalamander Registered User regular
    What if I'm not gay?

• Options
    I think you know the answer already, but I'll bite. You are more than welcome. ^_^

Our group is LGBT oriented, but not exclusive. We have several members and attendees who are heterosexual and support the group because they are usually a lot of fun. Please don't let the name deter you in any way. This is a PAX party and all are invited to attend...regardless of your orientation.

• Options
    You already had me going but when you mentioned ping pong and pool tables too? I'm more than sold!

So excited for this!

• Options
    Awesome. Yeah Ping-pong was a pleasant surprise. You will definitely see me playing that a few times throughout the night and dominating people on Smash. We are excited about the feedback and over 200 people have said they are going or interested on Facebook, so we are expecting a great turnout. Should be a fun night and a good way to kick-off the PAX weekend!

• Options
    Announcing our special guest Cosplay Artist for the night : Missy Rangal! She will be coming out to support Houston Gaymers and our PAX Event!
    We are very honored that she will be making an appearance!

You can check out more about Missy Rangal at her official website :

http://www.sillylittlemissy.com

• Options
    Good morning PAX attendees!

It was great to meet some of you and hang out last night. We had a delicious dinner overlooking the Riverwalk, and we also ran into two groups of the Ice and Fire bar crawl groups which was a hoot. I may or may not have added to their drinking challenges >:-)

We are very excited about the 300+ people who are interested or attending our event tonight! We will try to fit all of you into the bar! Don't forget that the location is under the McDonalds across from the convention center at Commerce and Loyola. I know that it is easy to overlook. Don't forget to bring your handheld devices and games for some extra fun!

If anyone has any additional questions about anything, please feel free to post, message, or Facebook! Also, feel free to swing by our booth in the Diversity Lounge on the second floor. We'll have some Smash and Just Dance going!

See everyone tonight, and happy first day of PAX South!

• Options
    Thank you PAX South for an AMAZING party and meetup! We hope everyone enjoyed the friendly atmosphere! Some of those Smash matches were legit and it was fun to watch the Left4Dead and Mario Kart players game through the night. We met so many new faces tonight, and it was really great to see the interactions and connections people made as they played their favorite games. Special thanks to On the Rocks Pub for opening their doors and providing great drinks, music, and excellent service. We hope everyone had a fun night and enjoyed a great kick-off to the PAX weekend!

Pictures
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1227599190602310.1073741852.874882735873959&type=1&l=293029a197

For more information about our group and sponsored charities, please visit us on the 2nd floor of the Diversity Lounge (Room 213) or feel free to contact us directly by FB or email.

Always Onward,
    Ryan "Penny" Pennington
    Social and Business Developent
    www.houstongaymers.com
    penny@houstongaymers.com