As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vaping is not a Crime: My Mod is TC and My Coils are DL

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I stopped having near death experiences with asthma as soon as smoking stopped being allowed in public

As long as you arent the dumb asses who vape in my store and blow it my face because "it aint against the law brah!!!" it is a welcome change

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My dad smokes, and while I never intend to start, I get irritated at my mom for constantly criticizing him for smoking.

He's been really considerate and has never smoked around my kids or anything! It's not like he's chainsmoking while blowing it in everyone's face!

Well, I mean, being his wife DOES kind of make it her business.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My dad smokes, and while I never intend to start, I get irritated at my mom for constantly criticizing him for smoking.

He's been really considerate and has never smoked around my kids or anything! It's not like he's chainsmoking while blowing it in everyone's face!

Well, I mean, being his wife DOES kind of make it her business.

If he's doesn't do it in the house or car or around her? Only so much as it damages his health or their finances. And even then you can only ask so much of your partner before you enter into "I want you to be someone else for me but not enough but to do anything besides guilt you about it" territory.

It's the same ask repeatedly asking your spouse to stop drinking soda. Well, as long as they don't do it around you and are careful about smelling like smoke.

No I don't.
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    a lot of stuff that you actually shouldn't do is cool

smoking, tiger hunting, sweet 360 wheelie burnouts

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Smoked meat is also bad for you

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular

If I wanted to, I could look exactly like that guy grimacing at the camera.

forumsig.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Dave Grohl?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »

Dave Grohl?

More like a fax of Dave Grohl that got stuck on its way through the machine.

forumsig.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

THIS FUCKING SHIT AGAIN

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Smoke sausage every day.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    starlight gives you cancer

being alive gives you cancer

Beasteh on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    On my way in to work I saw a bar that had in it's window a sign for vaporized alcohol shots, and no.

Just no.

Beasteh wrote: »

This is true

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »

Technically it's the process of basic cell division that gives you cancer.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    On my way in to work I saw a bar that had in it's window a sign for vaporized alcohol shots, and no.

Just no.

the Vaportini is an alcohol vaporizer you can buy for your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnanaDklnpM

This one raises a lot of questions because while inhaling gets a drug into your bloodstream must faster than ingesting (the only thing faster than inhaling is injection), there's a lot of doubt in my mind that the alcohol is being vaporized efficiently. I think that a lot of it is going to be left behind and you're really inhaling a bunch of water and flavors.

People have done breathalizer tests using the vaportini showing that it gets you just as drunk as drinking the liquor, but I do not believe those results for a second because you're inhaling and exhaling the vapor, the breathalizer isn't measuring the alcohol that is in solution in your blood.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I once made a makeshift vaportini with nothing but a sauna stove and a bottle of vodka. It was a Hell of my own making and I drug those around me down to new and horrifying lows.

Fuck off and die.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

Just no.

the Vaportini is an alcohol vaporizer you can buy for your home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnanaDklnpM

This one raises a lot of questions because while inhaling gets a drug into your bloodstream must faster than ingesting (the only thing faster than inhaling is injection), there's a lot of doubt in my mind that the alcohol is being vaporized efficiently. I think that a lot of it is going to be left behind and you're really inhaling a bunch of water and flavors.

People have done breathalizer tests using the vaportini showing that it gets you just as drunk as drinking the liquor, but I do not believe those results for a second because you're inhaling and exhaling the vapor, the breathalizer isn't measuring the alcohol that is in solution in your blood.

No, it works. Way the hell too well actually, because the transit to the bloodstream is near-instant, so you can get way drunker, way faster than you normally could, with no chance for digestion to slow absorption, and importantly, no chance to puke it up if you get too much in you.

Alcohol is disturbingly efficient at getting into your bloodstream. Saw an MRI? once of someone doing a shot of everclear with contrast in it, and it never even hit the stomach.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I've heard of people using close-to-pure alcohol and breathing in the fumes as they drink, getting drunk faster.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I've heard of people using close-to-pure alcohol and breathing in the fumes as they drink, getting drunk faster.

A very fine pleasure is to sit, after a good dinner, with a glass of good brandy, letting it gently warm in your hand and burying your nose in the top of the snifter as you every so often take a sip.

You will definitely get a mild buzz off just sniffing.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Those things are too expensive. Just soak a tampon in vodka and put it up your butt.
    don't do that
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Oh shit vaporwave thread

I wish.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Those things are too expensive. Just soak a tampon in vodka and put it up your butt.
    don't do that
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Oh shit vaporwave thread

I wish.

Yeah, don't use vodka
    use Everclear

TheStig wrote: »
    don't do that

Why did I decide to do that before reading the spoilllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No I don't.
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    RIP Death of Rats, we'll miss ya buddy.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    everything awesome is terrible for you, decadence and laughing in the face of an already-certain death is the only answer.

edited January 2016
    everything awesome is terrible for you, decadence and laughing in the face of an already-certain death is the only answer.

almost nothing is "terrible for you"

fuckin

people talk about food like it's either chewing nitroglycerin OR a literal D&D health potion.

This Kale Salad will instantly add 4 years of bottomless blowjobs to your life OR This fudge brownie will instantly make your heart turn to stone and your pancreas flip a table and skip town.

"Good for you" and "Bad for you" is fucking made up bullshit nonsense and I'm sick of it.

#pipe on

I'm sorry but laughing too hard can kill you...so maybe that was Death's plan all along?

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    My brother does this vaping crap after being addicted to cigs. Hes obsessed with the culture. Knowing my brother i think its more that assholes are drawn to vaping so they can blow smoke in peoples faces then it is vaping causes people to be assholes.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    #pipe wrote: »

almost nothing is "terrible for you"

fuckin

people talk about food like it's either chewing nitroglycerin OR a literal D&D health potion.

This Kale Salad will instantly add 4 years of bottomless blowjobs to your life OR This fudge brownie will instantly make your heart turn to stone and your pancreas flip a table and skip town.

"Good for you" and "Bad for you" is fucking made up bullshit nonsense and I'm sick of it.

D&D health potions contain chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Smoke sausage every day.

:winky:

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

I'm sorry but laughing too hard can kill you...so maybe that was Death's plan all along?

yeah but i'm not a drunken greek philosopher watching his ALSO drunk donkey try to eat figs off a tree, so i think i'm safe.

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I heard someone was working on an eCig that doesn't actually use smoke at all and just creates a virtual simulation of it. But I'm pretty sure it's just vaporware.

Somebody reported this pun just to boo it. That's how good it is.

iwantanswers3.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only man in our government crusading against Big Analog

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    And:

Vaping congressman

What a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7noLAUMuosg

Relevant. Look at these fine fine people. They interview people at a vape convention.

No I don't.
    Wait, I didn't even realize this..

There's vape conventions?

No I don't.
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Vape cons are huuge

But in my experience only really amongst those that actually work in the industry

I have yet to meet a casual owner of a vaporizer who has gone to a vapor convention

They're kinda like E3 but I'm told that vendors some how give out even more free shit

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I stopped having near death experiences with asthma as soon as smoking stopped being allowed in public

As long as you arent the dumb asses who vape in my store and blow it my face because "it aint against the law brah!!!" it is a welcome change

I'm pretty sure that's battery. Especially since you're an asthmatic

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    BAT
    TER
    Y

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    What ever happened to the engerizer bunny

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg