As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a Glut of Superheroes on My TV! Most of them good!

BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
I will make a proper OP after I sleep but no one was making the thread so I decided to make one for now

Currently airing comic TV shows:
Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Agents of SHIELD
Agent Carter
I, Zombie
Gotham
Lucifer
The Walking Dead, I guess

Movies on the horizon:
Captain America: Civil War - May 2016
Doctor Strange - November 2016
Batman vs. Superman - March 2016
Suicide Squad - August 2016
X-Men: Apocalypse - June 2016
Deadpool - February 2016

CYpGAPn.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Should be a Deadpool themed thread. Just toss in all the batshit crazy advertising and it'll probably fill an OP.

• Options
    Okay the real reason I made this is because the final member of the new Thunderbolts was revealed
    56a26c8b4933c.jpg

Fuck yeeeeah

The book is by Jim Zub and John Malin and despite the initial tagline, they are still heroic in nature

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dammit, I was literally coming here to guess Doc Samson.

• Options
    Oh

Oh god dammit

Apparently Jon Malin is basically Liefeld Jr.
    56a26ba63b5e8.jpg

Dammit, Marvel.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    What happened to Fixer there? He apparently grew a bunch of hair and turned white (or possibly Asian)?

Also dang it Bucky, get a haircut! You're not brainwashed anymore!

• Options
    I like how that makes Moonstone look like she has exposed muscle.

• Options
    Maaaan

A Thunderbolts book led by Bucky should be 100% my thing

But Zub hasn't really wowed me at all with anything I've read of his and I actively disliked Skullkickers and that art is abysmal

Kinda bummed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Is skullkickers the one with the really horribly awful onomatopoeia

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Is skullkickers the one with the really horribly awful onomatopoeia
    That's the one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Maaaan

But Zub hasn't really wowed me at all with anything I've read of his and I actively disliked Skullkickers and that art is abysmal

Kinda bummed

Have you tried Wayward? I've really enjoyed the first couple trades.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Maaaan

Kinda bummed

Man, didn't you just drop a bunch of comics you actually liked? Look at this like a blessing in disguise. :razz:

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    What is going on with Bucky's robo fingers in that?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I liked Legends of Tomorrow well enough. It was very pilot-y, so hopefully it'll get better with more episodes

The Hawks are definitely the worst, though, which is a shame because they should be awesome

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It's like someone at Marvel saw what DC was doing with revitalizing everything 90s, thought "I wanna piece of that action", and found an artist who decided it was a good idea.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Edit: Whooooops

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I turned Legends off

Netflix has raised the bar too high.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Shit, I confused Jim Zub with Zeb Wells

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess Agent Carter is on TV in America, but here it's just on Netflix and they've put up the start of season 2 now. I guess new eps are only coming a couple of days after they've been on TV in America, because Netflix says ep3 is coming the 28th and Wiki says 26th.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I enjoyed the legends pilot more than I expected to, but it was also more or less free of character melodrama. I fully expect that the hawks will be the vehicle for CW's requisite amount of silly relationship drama, which hopefully won't bog things down too much

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I think both of the Hawkpeople are not great acting-wise

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    I thought Vandal Savage was a bit dull, which is a shame because he's great as the smartest person in a room or a crazy immortal in the comics.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    There's a rumor going at around that DC is going to have a big relaunch later this year with everything having a new #1, and a greater focus on properties that currently have film or TV shows on the immediate horizon. I wonder if they'll keep the "new 52" branding if true

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    There's a rumor going at around that DC is going to have a big relaunch later this year with everything having a new #1, and a greater focus on properties that currently have film or TV shows on the immediate horizon. I wonder if they'll keep the "new 52" branding if true

if that means they're also going to try to shift the comics to be more like the film properties

lol

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    New 52 Supes has already killed at least one villain, hasn't he?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

if that means they're also going to try to shift the comics to be more like the film properties

lol

It's been...
    18 months?

They're due for an awful half-baked reboot

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Haven't watched Legends yet, but as for this week's episodes

Agent Carter>Flash>Arrow

though I'm more into this season of Arrow than Flash (mostly because Dahrk is a way more interesting villain than Zoom), this was a flat-ass mid-season opening episode for Arrow.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

didn't they drop the New 52 branding after Convergence?

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I wonder what will happen to the straight to DVD animated movies if DC does another reboot. They were trying to make a new continuity based on New 52 with the movies.

Maybe they'll be allowed to do more stuff of their own again. It would be good if they were allowed to do more stuff with Gods and Monsters, that's actually a good "darker and grittier" reimagining.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I just watched the season 2 premiere of Agent Carter.
    Is Zero Matter based on something in the comics? I tried searching for it and the only thing I could find was that it was in Agents of SHIELD where it was called Darkforce.

EDIT: Or I could just search for that other name and find it immediately.

Peewi on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

didn't they drop the New 52 branding after Convergence?

Yeah, I think that branding officially stopped with the last new crop of #1s that they marketed as DCYou.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    And then post-partum depression.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I just watched the season 2 premiere of Agent Carter.
    Is Zero Matter based on something in the comics? I tried searching for it and the only thing I could find was that it was in Agents of SHIELD where it was called Darkforce.

EDIT: Or I could just search for that other name and find it immediately.
    Nah, it's darkforce. That's what they were calling it in the build up for the season.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

Introducing the New Old 52 "what the fuck do you people want just stop buying Marvel god please" Classic-Verse

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Look if it gets me my old Superman with a decent costume and a good writer attached I don't give a fuck what they call it

But if they're taking cues from those movies

I doubt it

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Rebirth. Everyone starts over again. 52 new titles, brand new continuity for everyone, it'll be great.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    What if Batman's parents

were dead

sig.gif
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    What if Batman's parents just died and we follow 12 year old Bruce Wayne, but introduce every Batman villain ever as adults?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    What if Batman's parents just died and we follow 12 year old Bruce Wayne, but introduce every Batman villain ever as adults?

This is a million dollar idea right here

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.