As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There is a Glut of Superheroes on My TV! Most of them good!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    What if Batman's parents just died and we follow 12 year old Bruce Wayne, but introduce every Batman villain ever as adults?

This is a million dollar idea right here

Gotham Central is right there!

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What if Batman's parents just died and we follow 12 year old Bruce Wayne, but introduce every Batman villain ever as adults?

Sorry what was that sonny, I don't read your kids funnybooks

Now about this idea: how would we convey who was the Riddler to the average viewer? It's not like they know his name or anything

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    In a funny coincidence, Kevin Smith and Paul Dini came up with an idea for a young Bruce Wayne show right around the time when Gotham was announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Rwf5Oon-I

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    What if Superman

was an asshole teen who never flew?

sig.gif
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Bleeding Cool claims Scott Snyder is leaving Batman

...and is the new writer on Detective Comics

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Bleeding Cool claims Scott Snyder is leaving Batman

...and is the new writer on Detective Comics

Whoa that's quite a stretch I hope he'll be able to adjust.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    New 52 Supes has already killed at least one villain, hasn't he?
    I don't know about villains but "he" killed a hero. Well, his body did, his laser vision went off and killed someone when a villain messed about with his brain, I think. Depending on how sentient you think parademons are he's killed more.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

WHAT'S BATMAN'S MOTIVATION AGAIN

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Gotta get SOMEBODY to be an echo-y voice shouting "no!" while pearls drop to the ground

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

WHAT'S BATMAN'S MOTIVATION AGAIN

04.gif?w=690

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    "adds" is normally a term I'd reserve for when something is still being cast, or at the latest, filmed

Lauren Cohan has already been in the movie for months, she was in the first trailer (though we only saw the top half of her face)

• Options
    What if she wasn't

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Along with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne

Which, jeez, what a waste

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Along with Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne

Which, jeez, what a waste

What if they go Flashpoint somewhere along the line? Terrible event, but I think they could make it interesting, with a better script.

• Options
    They're not going to do anything so interesting as that
    You're also not getting anything but garbage scripts as long as Goyer has anything to say about it

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Now about this idea: how would we convey who was the Riddler to the average viewer? It's not like they know his name or anything

eddie-nygma-gotham-110805.jpg

Every time

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »

eddie-nygma-gotham-110805.jpg

Every time

genius

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    GUYS WHAT IF BATMAN'S PARENTS WERE DEAD

also hey Legends sure doesn't waste a second to get going huh

sig.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I think somebody needs to remind DC that it took Marvel two flops and three years to finally create a cinematic universe.

Right now it feels like they're fully focused on the "flop" phase.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think somebody needs to remind DC that it took Marvel two flops and three years to finally create a cinematic universe.

Hrm?

The only film they really had "flop" was Incredible Hulk and it was still a profitable film

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    What were Marvel's flops?

• Options
    Has there ever been some kind of Elseworlds story about what Thomas and Martha Wayne did after their son Bruce was killed in a mugging outside a Zorro screening

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    What were Marvel's flops?

Hulk and...........Thor 1? I'm guessing? But like Blank said, they were still profitable at the end of the day

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Hrm?

The only film they really had "flop" was Incredible Hulk and it was still a profitable film

I'd consider Iron Man 2 a flop along with Incredible Hulk.

I mean, I liked it a bunch, and it made a bunch of money, but it seems firmly in the camp of Marvel movies people don't look back upon fondly.

EDIT: And maybe Thor 1, but I've warmed up to it a bunch, and it seems to have aged better than IM2 and Hulk.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Has there ever been some kind of Elseworlds story about what Thomas and Martha Wayne did after their son Bruce was killed in a mugging outside a Zorro screening

Flashpoint

• Options

I think that's Flashpoint

• Options
    Flashpoint Batman is literally this

Thomas Wayne is Batman and Martha Wayne is Joker

It is actually very good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I actually like the structure of the dccu a lot I just wish the movies could also be good

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

Flashpoint.
    ZaUKAi8.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Hrm?

I mean, I liked it a bunch, and it made a bunch of money, but it seems firmly in the camp of Marvel movies people don't look back upon fondly.

EDIT: And maybe Thor 1, but I've warmed up to it a bunch, and it seems to have aged better than IM2 and Hulk.
    That's

Not really what flop means

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hey guys

Flashpoint

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I actually like the structure of the dccu a lot I just wish the movies could also be good

The structure of... one movie?

• Options

Hrm?

That's

Not really what flop means

I mean critically, not financially.

Though "flop" might not be the right word; mediocre/bad films might be a more accurate descriptor.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

The structure of... one movie?

The structure of their movie list

Man of steel then bvs then suicide squad is a more experimental way to build a universe than iron Man, hulk, iron man 2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Also; I'm calling it now, at some point DC will produce a film where it's revealed Thomas and Martha Wayne were not actually killed that night outside the opera house.

And they'll be some kind of "clever" twist on an established DC villain(s).

And then Batman will have to fight them.

And it will be terrible.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    In an alternate universe where Suicide Squad looked good, and you took out the V in BvS, with the foundation being a positive and uplifting Superman story...

Actually yeah, i can kinda see it working now that you mention it

• Options
    Well, I guess I described Flashpoint

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    hey guys

Flashpoint

AAAA-AAAAAAAHHHHHH
    SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE

• Options
    In an alternate universe where Suicide Squad looked good, and you took out the V in BvS, with the foundation being a positive and uplifting Superman story...

Actually yeah, i can kinda see it working now that you mention it

I mean, there's a bunch of potential in Suicide Squad. Will Smith in a major superhero release? Viola Davis as Waller? Harley? Sign me up.

It's just that nobody at DC apparently recognizes what people like about any of those things, and they're just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.