As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

advice

arianav24arianav24 Registered User new member
I have a question. I used to work at McDonald's. I took some toys just to see who was making up lies on me. My intentions were not to steal. I paid for the toys the next morning she I got to work. Is it still considered stealing if you paid for them?

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Most jobs won't care if you paid for things after the fact, if you remove property from the premises without paying for it at the time, you're stealing.

I do not recommend taking items from your employers in future without full payment.

Rainfall on
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Yeah you should be okay. If you feel someone is spreading lies about you maybe take it up with management before taking the matter into your own hands.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Is it theft? Yes.
    Will anyone care if you stole McDonalds toys and then paid for them the next morning? Probably not.
    Will stealing ever prove someone was lying about you? No.
    Should you be fired? Probably.
    Should you do this ever again? No.

~gavel~

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    arianav24 wrote: »
    I have a question. I used to work at McDonald's. I took some toys just to see who was making up lies on me. My intentions were not to steal. I paid for the toys the next morning she I got to work. Is it still considered stealing if you paid for them?

I'm curious as to what the plan was here.
    Someone's telling lies about you (I'm guessing they were saying you were stealing?) so you steal something to see who reports it so you know who was lying about you stealing? Then you pay for what you stole so it retroactively wasn't stealing?

Cause I'm really confused how you thought this was going to work.

Anyway, like Enc said, yeah stealing is stealing. Doesn't really matter if it's a happy meal toy or something more valuable.