As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rogue One, starring Manuel J. Bothans, A [Star Wars] Story

EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes UpRegistered User regular
edited April 2016 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw

You can't escape Star Wars! It's everywhere!

Thanks to the latest one, The Force Awakens, it's back in the spotlight in a way it hasn't been for a few years.

You can't walk outside without seeing BB-8's adorable personage plastered on something! And it's wonderful!

So let's talk about Star Wars!

Etchwarts on

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The kids love it

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    it's really weird being able to go to the star wars wiki and find pages for major characters that aren't dissertation-length

this new era's exciting

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I just unlocked the bowcaster in Battlefront and things are going well for me.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Battlefront knew what was up

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I need to play more battlefront but I've been too busy farming epic gear for my crew in Vermintide

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got some more Plano organizers for my Armada stuff. Each type of upgrade card has it's own little cubby!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I need to play more battlefront but I've been too busy farming epic gear for my crew in Vermintide

That's coming out for PS4 at some point, right? Is it something that can be played solo-ish like L4D? None of my RL friends play video games anymore, I never really feel comfortable asking people to join their games, and I don't have a headset. So it's kind of a bad combination for coordination.

I got Battlefront for Christmas and been having a load of fun. It's the exact kind of shooter I need in my life. They should be dropping an update in the next week or so.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I really love Battlefront

People who use the A-Wing in the state it's in right now should be thrown in a gulag, though

People who use the A-Wing in the state it's in right now should be thrown in a gulag, though

Is it a crime to win?

Grey Ghost wrote: »

Is it a crime to win?

Is it really victory, though?

Is it?

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So the banking plot in Season 6 of Clone Wars must have been recorded before Season 5 ended, right? Because that plot at the end of S5 was when Tim Curry did the role of Palpatine, and somebody mentioned that was because Palpatine's actor died?

But it's the original actor in that subplot of Season 6

dN0T6ur.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Currently playing Armada with my dad. We are playing at 400 points because I thought that was the standard point level. Oops!

On the upside it looks very epic.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just got back from seeing this again.

Still pretty good.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

sounds like they've given the a-wing an appropriate power level given what we know of star wars canon, imo

edited January 2016

sounds like they've given the a-wing an appropriate power level given what we know of star wars canon, imo

If that were the case, it would just crash into things with spectacularly lucky results

Etchwarts on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Currently playing Armada with my dad. We are playing at 400 points because I thought that was the standard point level. Oops!

I believe with the release of Wave 2 that 400 is the standard value now. Used to be 300, but then they released ships that cost over 100 points each.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Going through KOTOR II again, it really is something else. It's almost 40k-ish in the level of despair the galaxy is in. The difference being you can eradicate the Sith seeking to end all life, and put the dying Republic back together.

But man, especially with the cut content restored, it a kind of Star Wars story we are likely never going to see again.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I havent had a chance to see this a second time and it's bumming me out. I really want to see it in 3D, simply because I'll probably never have the chance again after it leaves theaters.

Inquisitor wrote: »

I believe with the release of Wave 2 that 400 is the standard value now. Used to be 300, but then they released ships that cost over 100 points each.

Oh okay then, that's probably why I assumed it was 400 and then got confused when the rule book said 300 after we started.

We took a break for the evening. Only just finished turn two as we are still relatively new. He is down one Nebulon-B after it's final act was to ram into my Gladiator and explode. My Gladiator then exploded at the end of the turn when his Assault Frigate's broadside obliterated the Gladiator.

I am also down two TIE Interceptor Squadrons and he is down one Y-Wing Squadron.

He has his Assault Frigate, a second Nebulon-B, and a Corvette. I have a Victory Class and an Imperial Class.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So the banking plot in Season 6 of Clone Wars must have been recorded before Season 5 ended, right? Because that plot at the end of S5 was when Tim Curry did the role of Palpatine, and somebody mentioned that was because Palpatine's actor died?

ian mcdiarmid is not dead

BahamutZERO.gif
    McDiarmid didn't play him in Clone Wars

• FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Fawst wrote: »
    I havent had a chance to see this a second time and it's bumming me out. I really want to see it in 3D, simply because I'll probably never have the chance again after it leaves theaters.

Not worth

Also, I'm pretty sure Sam Witwer <3 started voicing Palpatine a little during Clone Wars

FroThulhu on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah Armada is 400 points now

I played some Armada today as well! Imperial Star Destroyers are the bomb!
    9htWtBL.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I don't have any Armada stuff yet, but apparently there are two local places that have Armada nights on Monday and Tuesday respectively, so I might go stop in and check them out this week.

I did make it out to my FLGS for their x-wing night, which had like 25 people show up to it, which apparently is pretty standard attendance for them. Which is nuts. It was apparently a league night and then let me hop in mid league and I went 2-1 for the evening, which really surprised me.

Now, I haven't played Armada

But I have this idea in my head of a giant game that's Armada + X-Wing, where whenever the squadrons of fighters have at it, you just play a game of X-Wing

There would probably be some kind of systems in play for fighting between the capital ships and the fighters, too, but I haven't thought those through

Please note I'm not sure this is a good idea, but it's one I've had basically since I knew both games existed

• SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

ian mcdiarmid is not dead

That's true, but Ian Abercrombie who played him The Clone Wars did pass away right before finishing Season 5. So yea, I guess the banking arc was one that would have stayed on the cutting room floor had Season 6 not been put together. I'm happy it did get a shot because that's one of my favorite arcs and it really adds some depth into how Anakin's aggression affects his relationship with Padme.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I need to dig for the source

but it was stated that the romance being set up will be not what people are expecting

and believe me, slapping Finn and Rey together is beyooooond cliche

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Luke and R2-D2 rekindle their forbidden romance after their breakup ten years ago?

Rey/Finn would be cute I guess

It would make for an okay consolation prize

But Poe/Finn would be magical

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Hmm. I'm expecting Finn and Poe. I don't want to be disappointed.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Finn and Poe would be so good

never been so invested in a dude x dude ship

Miss me? Find me on:

Imagine the poster!

I would want it to just be this
    latest?cb=20061201083417

But with Poe and Finn in the Leia/Han spots

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

but it was stated that the romance being set up will be not what people are expecting

As for 'the people', which group are they talking about? Because approximately 99.9% of the internet is all about Finn/Poe.

As for 'the people', which group are they talking about? Because approximately 99.9% of the internet is all about Finn/Poe.
    pretty sure it was the obvious Finn x Rey ship
    which was definitely the most overt suggested pairing in the movie

despite Rey doing a very clear "God, you're a cool friend I hope you don't die" kiss on his forehead

wait, I should spoiler this stuff

Miss me? Find me on:

General Hux and a Hutt warlord

Raz x Akbar

Weaver wrote: »
    General Hux and a Hutt warlord

Percy Weasley would totally get along with a Hutt

Miss me? Find me on:

The vast majority of people I've talked to about it haven't even considered Poe/Finn

Finn/Nunb

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Finn/Nunb

Yo let me hit you with this.

Nunb / Ackbar.

This discussion has been closed.