As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]The CW Thread (No Yayas Allowed)

• Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Angie Tribeca is officially my favorite TV thing that has happened in a long while.
    Yeah, there are a ton of TV comedies nowadays, but not many that are just this silly

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Now I regret not recording Angie Tribeca from the beginning.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    No seriously, why do they call it The 100?
    It's been three episodes and they've already ganked 6 people.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    No seriously, why do they call it The 100?
    It's been three episodes and they've already ganked 6 people.
    Give it time, that number will keep climbing...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I've recently started a blog that is basically just drinking games to tv shows, movies & video games.

I just did a page for the 100.

Anyone interested?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the bigger problem with calling it the 100 is that they had like, 102 people on that ship in the first place

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    the bigger problem with calling it the 100 is that they had like, 102 people on that ship in the first place

Maybe it is like a Roman Centurion who was actually in charge of more than 100 soldiers?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    5 minutes into this first episode. You guys were not kidding about that Finn guy.
    HOLY SHIT DUDE YOUR STUPIDITY GOT TWO DUDES KILLED YOU DO NOT GET TO ACT SMUG.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Ooops did not hit edit. Sorry.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Jesus, the season 7 premiere of X-Files is interminable
    I don't know why but it seems like any episode with Albert Hosteen just becomes meandering pseudo-philosophical mysticism

• Options
    found a way to have a 100 avatar and keep things on brand

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright... Watching The 100 now. I better not be disappointed.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So apparently the few episodes of Happy Endings I had seen when it was on the air were in the tail end of season 3, when ABC just burned them off multiple times a week

The wedding expo one was where I regretting not watching the show, cause man oh man is that one of the most Simpsonsesque episodes of any live-action show I've ever seen

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

the 100 solely refers the the 100 kids they drop

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I mean, I was being facetious here

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So I've recently started a blog that is basically just drinking games to tv shows, movies & video games.

I just did a page for the 100.

Anyone interested?

Alright, here it is.
    The 100
    the-cw-poster-the-100.jpg?w=607&h=425

“An Arker, a Grounder and a Mountain Man walk into a bar. Arker says, “I’ll take some moonshine.” Grounder says, “I’ll take some too.” And the Mountain Man, he says…”

I was recently recommended this show at the behest of some of my internet friends who, like myself, have a near religious devotion to television. And I have to say, it is fantastic. The show starts off with teenagers (ugh…) and is basically a expy of Lost but as the series goes on you see that while Lost was a show about people surviving with crazy supernatural elements, the 100 is a show about people trying to survive their own morally-poisoned actions. IT IS AWESOME.

The Rules
    0b9b8497bbb64179c1fc476d1811cb25.png?w=621&h=388

#1. Take a drink anytime “Grounder,” “Ark,” “Sky” or “Mount” is said.

#2. Take a drink anytime a position of title-ship is said (eg: “Princess,” “Commander,” “Chancellor”).

#3. Finish your drink anytime a character makes a soul-diminishing moral choice.

The Drinks
    e6b3c92d7b064336c3b6ae74c8b9cd80.jpg?w=924

Each of the three drinks are based off of the same base ingredient, moonshine, but have a twist for the three different factions in the show.

#1. The Sky People’s Shine: The survivors from the Ark don’t have a lot, so they’re stuck with your basic generic white-lighting moonshine. It is awful and they should suffer for their choices.

#2. The Grounder’s Delight: This is a spodie made with berry/cherry moonshine & fruit juice. Cut up some non-tropical fruit (berries, cherries, ect…) and let them sit in the concoction for a day.

#3. Mount Weather’s Good Ol’ Fashion Down to Earth Apple Pie: Quite simply this is apple pie moonshine in a glass, sipped at your leisure while you commit atrocities.

The Food
    tumblr_inline_nnf4rwzpom1r734xy_500.png?w=599&h=242

For our signature The 100 meal we’re going to incorporate the three factions with each covering a point in the dining process. For our appetizer we’re going to have a sampling of berries, cherries, blueberries, apple slices, & nuts because that is all a bunch of teenagers can gather. For the main course we’ll dig into either some fire roasted boar or, if time does not permit you such a time investment, a simple rotisserie chicken will do fine. And finally for dessert you’re naturally going to have apple pie. The mountain men are nothing if not fans of apple pie…

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

joking gets you floated, geebs

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

joking gets you floated, geebs

AJ get off the internet, you have Persona 4 to play

• Options
    This show is interesting so far. We're on the 4th episode.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    no matter what anyone's other opinions regarding the 100 are, everyone agrees with one universal truth:

finn is the worst

Eh

Clarke is the worst for all of Season 1 I'd say

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I started Season 1 of the 100 today and yeah, Clarke is pretty bad (Finn isn't helping either).

I'm about halfway through season 1.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Finn doesn't seem that bad so far.

• Options

Just wait.

• Options

Just wait.

Fine, I will.

• Options
    It's it a ritual that Murphy gets his ass kicked every episode?

• Options
    I don't think Clarke really comes into her own as a character until Season 2, but she's far from the worst early on, I think.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It's it a ritual that Murphy gets his ass kicked every episode?

i wish it was

broken image link
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Clarke has definitely gotten a little better (though that might be because they spent more time on other characters)

But Jesus Christ this lens flare in space is giving me a headache.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I don't think I can watch this show. Everyone makes completely ridiculously bad decisions and they remind me too much of spoiled high school kids. I get too much of that at work.

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Clarke has definitely gotten a little better (though that might be because they spent more time on other characters)

But Jesus Christ this lens flare in space is giving me a headache.

In space no one can see you lens flare.

• Options
    I don't think I can watch this show. Everyone makes completely ridiculously bad decisions and they remind me too much of spoiled high school kids. I get too much of that at work.

Yo @timspork's ghost, I also had this same reaction for maybe the first half of the season.

BUT STAY WITH IT!

• Options

Yo @timspork's ghost, I also had this same reaction for maybe the first half of the season.

BUT STAY WITH IT!

Mannnnnn. I don't know if I can. I'll try though.

• Options
    I'm reaching the point in X-Files where I'm not sure if I can power through
    Mid season 7 and everything is just so sleepy

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm reaching the point in X-Files where I'm not sure if I can power through
    Mid season 7 and everything is just so sleepy

I've heard the reboot described as the same quality as season 7, so

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Man. Why do none of these kids, except like two, care about having any kind of food or water? And then when it is brought up they tell the two who care to go get is all themselves and bring it back. Like you people are beyond stupid.

• Options
    Man. Why do none of these kids, except like two, care about having any kind of food or water? And then when it is brought up they tell the two who care to go get is all themselves and bring it back. Like you people are beyond stupid.

"Hey guys we should maybe take steps to not die"
    "GET OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKING FASCIST SQUARE"

• Options

1c8d85c57cf43ee5bfb68892001dec84.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016

HEY GUYS LETS JUST RUN AROUND LIKE IDIOTS AND CHASE EACH OTHER WHILE LAUGHING AND ALSO MAKE-OUT A TON!

COOL!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options

HEY GUYS LETS JUST RUN AROUND LIKE IDIOTS AND CHASE EACH OTHER WHILE LAUGHING AND ALSO MAKE-OUT A TON!

COOL!

I mean look I'd probably do that too

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

COOL!

sounds like teenagers to me

broken image link
This discussion has been closed.