As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DBZ Fighting Games - BT2 Out Now

191011121315»

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Kyougu wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Docshifty wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    And to power block, that's just power-up (Z) plus dodge?

Oh man. I totally forgot to say how to power-block. Now I feel really dumb.

I think it's actually block + B to power block. Atleast, that is how it is on mecha-frieza.

I'm assuming its power up+block. That'd make the most sense. But it seems like it'd work to adding your ki bar to blast battles in that if you use it all, you'll be dazed afterwards. But I don't know for sure. Still, safe than sorry, eh?

Yeah, it's block and B. It's the only block that will stop rushes, and I had to keep doing it when I was fighting the comp, since they would just spam their rush move over and over again.

And I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Fuck playing Hercule.

I know for a FACT that is is B+block for mecha-frieza, and not power-up+block. Trust me, I just did it 5 seconds ago. Frieza gaurds himself really close and lets his tail thrash around, and your ki goes down.

I'm not arguing that it doesn't exist, I don't play mecha-frieze, so I'll gladly take your word for it. But if it dazes you if you use all your ki bar, that might be something to watch out for.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Docshifty wrote:
    Kyougu wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Docshifty wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    And to power block, that's just power-up (Z) plus dodge?

Oh man. I totally forgot to say how to power-block. Now I feel really dumb.

I think it's actually block + B to power block. Atleast, that is how it is on mecha-frieza.

I'm assuming its power up+block. That'd make the most sense. But it seems like it'd work to adding your ki bar to blast battles in that if you use it all, you'll be dazed afterwards. But I don't know for sure. Still, safe than sorry, eh?

Yeah, it's block and B. It's the only block that will stop rushes, and I had to keep doing it when I was fighting the comp, since they would just spam their rush move over and over again.

And I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Fuck playing Hercule.

I know for a FACT that is is B+block for mecha-frieza, and not power-up+block. Trust me, I just did it 5 seconds ago. Frieza gaurds himself really close and lets his tail thrash around, and your ki goes down.

I'm not arguing that it doesn't exist, I don't play mecha-frieze, so I'll gladly take your word for it. But if it dazes you if you use all your ki bar, that might be something to watch out for.

It drains your ki really slowly so I have never been ran out of ki using it. So, I really don't know.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, so playing as Hercule sucks. The only way I managed to get the [spoiler:7c0feecba7]fox mask[/spoiler:7c0feecba7] was to hide behind a rock so he couldn't shoot me and use present bomb whenever he got close.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    has anyone else noticed the difficulty is..well..fucked? a few more options owuld have been nice..at two star i can perfect victory 90% of the fights in the dragon adventure mode and never ever drop below my first green health bar...if i switch it up to 3 stars, i'm lucky if i can hit the computer before i'm
    dead..

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, so playing as Hercule sucks. The only way I managed to get the [spoiler:e2f6c43b61]fox mask[/spoiler:e2f6c43b61] was to hide behind a rock so he couldn't shoot me and use present bomb whenever he got close.

I cheated to get it. I went to the Buu Saga episode where you're Hercule with Buu, then I just used Buu. On level 1 difficulty. The goal was to survive for 2 minutes, and I killed Yamcha in about 45 seconds.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    yeah.

Fuck you, High Powered Rush.

I fucking hate you.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    yeah.

Fuck you, Point Blank Unblockable Attacks

I fucking hate you.

Fixed.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    quibblebarfquibblebarf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, I have the Wii version of this game, and a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way I can make it stop complaining about how far I am from the TV? Damn, that is annoying! I want to play from my couch, damn it, don't make me pull another chair into the middle of the room.

2) What's a good way to get started? I've done the basic training and I'm working thorugh the first story mode, but I'm pretty much getting my ass kicked, and it's really frustrating. Is there another mode that is a little easier to get into? I think I'll like this game once I figure it out, but its a little bumpy at the moment.

quibblebarf on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yeah.

Fuck you, Point Blank Unblockable Attacks

I fucking hate you.

Fixed.

You can actually stop those with a well timed melee attack. Of course, doing your own rush or special ki attack will also stop it.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, I have the Wii version of this game, and a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way I can make it stop complaining about how far I am from the TV? Damn, that is annoying! I want to play from my couch, damn it, don't make me pull another chair into the middle of the room.

2) What's a good way to get started? I've done the basic training and I'm working thorugh the first story mode, but I'm pretty much getting my ass kicked, and it's really frustrating. Is there another mode that is a little easier to get into? I think I'll like this game once I figure it out, but its a little bumpy at the moment.

I don't know about the first question, but I just practiced a bunch against a dummy cpu in training mode to get better. At first I had him just sit there and let me attack however I wished.

Then I made him attack and I tried to block/evade/defend/counter.

It's just one of those things that once you get the hang of it just "clicks" and it's so much fun.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    zero_bitzero_bit Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I just beat this game on 100% and beat all of the column challenge thingies (except for Gogeta, FUCK Gogeta and his melee attack that cancels mine completely).

I've decided that Majuub is the coolest character in the game. I'm not a fan of his blast attacks but he's so freaking fast and for some reason I can teleport dodge with him better than any other character in the game.

zero_bit on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zero_bit wrote:
    I just beat this game on 100% and beat all of the column challenge thingies (except for Gogeta, FUCK Gogeta and his melee attack that cancels mine completely).

I've decided that Majuub is the coolest character in the game. I'm not a fan of his blast attacks but he's so freaking fast and for some reason I can teleport dodge with him better than any other character in the game.
    I ruined Gogeta with my man, Great Saiyaman. Though to be fair it wasn't my first attempt. I wasn't exactly ready for him on my first try.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    zero_bitzero_bit Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zero_bit wrote:

I ruined Gogeta with my man, Great Saiyaman. Though to be fair it wasn't my first attempt. I wasn't exactly ready for him on my first try.

Any hints? His regular melee stuff cancels mine out completely and I can't even warp out when he charges an attack. I guess I gotta stay the hell away from him.

zero_bit on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zero_bit wrote:
    zero_bit wrote:

Any hints? His regular melee stuff cancels mine out completely and I can't even warp out when he charges an attack. I guess I gotta stay the hell away from him.
    I guess strategy depends on the character. I used Halo to make Great Saiyaman's explosion-ish move a lot more spammable. Gogeta does a ton of damage if he gets the chance to start a good combo, so my biggest focus was just keeping him the hell away from me.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    zero_bit wrote:
    zero_bit wrote:

I guess strategy depends on the character. I used Halo to make Great Saiyaman's explosion-ish move a lot more spammable. Gogeta does a ton of damage if he gets the chance to start a good combo, so my biggest focus was just keeping him the hell away from me.

What I found really to help is spam attack, and if you get the concussive little explosions (both your attacks hitting each other) immediatly telepoert to the side. Usually he'll keep attacking where you were, leaving his back open to finish off your combo.

I went easy though, Turles, used the half ki cost for blasts and just barraged him to death.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh man, this game has a crazy learning curve.

I was bitching about the "sucky" controls all last night on another forum. Then, after messing around for about an hour and a half in practice mode trying to get the dragon dash working, it all clicked.

And now this game is phenominal. Fucking awesome game.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I was bitching about the "sucky" controls all last night on another forum. Then, after messing around for about an hour and a half in practice mode trying to get the dragon dash working, it all clicked.

I still have a problem dashing sometimes, I tend to want to make the shake of the nunchuck basically two waves (one to move, but then I tend to bring it back in a second wave that returns the controller to my comfortable default position.) This can cancel the dash. But the more I play the more I get the hang of it.

Also, TSR, get back to work on the sonic/glitches thread ;)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So.i was complaining about how easy this game starts off..i just hit the hercule vs yamcha thing...fuck...fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

Yes yes yes!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've just got my hands on the PAL Wii copy of Tenkaichi 2.

There is no 60 Hz option. And the addition of big fuck-off black borders does not indicate time was well spent in the 4 months before we eurotrash got to sample its delights.

RARGH

Still looks spiffing, though.

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

There is no 60 Hz option. And the addition of big fuck-off black borders does not indicate time was well spent in the 4 months before we eurotrash got to sample its delights.

RARGH

Didn't they add like 10 new characters?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    agoaj wrote: »

RARGH

They were added to the Jap version as well, without the added slowdown/decreased screen real estate we have to contend with. Characters are little more than glorified skins anyway.

I'm still really looking forward to getting to grips with the game, it's just a little dispiriting (it's the first Wii game I've picked up that doesn't have a 60Hz option).

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

RARGH

Wiiâ„¢ exclusive: 6 new characters and an extra battlefield to unlock!
    This isn't in the american version?

Peewi on
  • Options
    XinramXinram Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tenkaichi 2 is as of yet my only Wii game, and I've had it for a couple of months now. I just haven't gotten around to getting any other games but hey, it's a cool game.

Xinram on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Peewi wrote: »

RARGH

Wikipedia says the US edition is missing:

Appule
    Zeso
    Emperor Pilaf robot
    Demon King Piccolo
    Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

... and someone else that isn't listed in the wiki page.

Frankly, Demon King Piccolo seems the only interesting addition out of the list, and he's likely identical to normal Piccolo. Weaker, logically.

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

RARGH

Wii™ exclusive: 6 new characters and an extra battlefield to unlock!

Appule
    Zeso
    Emperor Pilaf robot
    Demon King Piccolo
    Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

Frankly, Demon King Piccolo seems the only interesting addition out of the list, and he's likely identical to normal Piccolo. Weaker, logically.

Man, no love for Tao Pai Pai? I can't get enough of this guy.

Anyways, BT3 this November. I wonder if they'll scrap the confusing but awesome control scheme and go for something else. The one thing I hope they fix would be the lag that occurs in multiplayer, it just reeks of sloppy port. Oh, and online would be hella neat.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2007

RARGH

Appule
    Zeso
    Emperor Pilaf robot
    Demon King Piccolo
    Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

The last one is a transformation of the Pilaf Robot. And who the hell is Zeso? Is he the one that's called Frieza Soldier in the game?

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

RARGH

Appule
    Zeso
    Emperor Pilaf robot
    Demon King Piccolo
    Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

The last one is a transformation of the Pilaf Robot. And who the hell is Zeso? Is he the one that's called Frieza Soldier in the game?

Seems so, yeah.

Quick question: why can't a suitably advanced character - Teen Gohan, for example - transform into a super saiyan in either practice or dual mode? Is there an item required to unlock each transformation?

I'm desperate, of course, to play as a giant monkey.

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

RARGH

Appule
    Zeso
    Emperor Pilaf robot
    Demon King Piccolo
    Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

Seems so, yeah.

Quick question: why can't a suitably advanced character - Teen Gohan, for example - transform into a super saiyan in either practice or dual mode? Is there an item required to unlock each transformation?

Yes, the forms are unlocked seperately from the main character. For example, Goku can go up to Super Saiyan 3, but not until you get to that point in the Story Mode.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I can't remember about practice, but transformations can be turned on or off in the options for duel mode.
    Concerning giant monkeys: I think there's too many. I haven't counted them, but I think there's too many. It is possible to be monkey form as characteres never shown as monkeys, such as Raditz and Nappa.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yes, the forms are unlocked seperately from the main character. For example, Goku can go up to Super Saiyan 3, but not until you get to that point in the Story Mode.

Ahhh.

And, while I'm here, there's no chance of separate saves? My flatmate is already plowing through the story mode.
    I can't remember about practice, but transformations can be turned on or off in the options for duel mode.
    Concerning giant monkeys: I think there's too many. I haven't counted them, but I think there's too many. It is possible to be monkey form as characteres never shown as monkeys, such as Raditz and Nappa.

Sir, there can never be such a thing as too many giant monkeys.

Red or Alive on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If they let you play as so many giant monkeys they should also let you play as a giant copy of "Of Pandas and People".

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ihdihd Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You fuckers, now I'm going to have to go back into town and get me some Sparking! Meteor (BT3) on. :x

edit: Oh. Heh. Looks like BT3 isn't out anywhere but Japan right now, which would make me a pretty big jerk for rubbing it in your collective faces. My bad!

ihd on