As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of the Year 2015 - RESULTS!

Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
edited February 2016 in Social Entropy++
Hey folks, results are here.

Original op below:

I thought I'd poke my head in here and say that we're running the regular, yearly, Game of the Year poll over in G&T. Thread here

Vote here.

Please follow the instructions to validate your results when done voting. Make sure to PM @SYSOP to claim your vote after voting.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
PSN: SirGrinchX
Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
Mr_Grinch on

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    This made me realize that I somehow only(?) played 5 games that came out last year.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    yeah i just got depressed seeing a list of good games i want play

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Until Dawn!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fistful of Frags

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    This made me realize that I somehow only(?) played 5 games that came out last year.

I played 8, which is not a super low number but also lower than usual for me

I spent most of last year trying to slam into my backlog in a meaningful way. It worked! But it meant I didn't play a lot of things

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Alpha protocol

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You're the GOTY 2015 because you're all played out!!!

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I played 10. Huh. Does Taken King count as a 2015 game?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    that'll teach me not to nominate stuff, neither of my favorite mobile games of the year made the list

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I guess I only played 6, and that's counting Fallout Shelter. Huh.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Undertale (PC)
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PC, PS3, PS4, X360, XBO)
    Splatoon (WiiU)
    Super Mario Maker (WiiU)
    Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU)
    Bloodborne (PS4)
    Pokémon Picross (3DS)
    Rocket League (PC, PS4)
    Her Story (PC, Mobile)
    Life Is Strange (PC, PS4, PS3, X360, XBO)
    Galak-Z: The Dimensional (PS4, PC)
    Contradiction (Mobile, PC)
    Until Dawn (PS4)
    EarthBound Beginnings (WiiU)
    Rock Band 4 (PS4, XBO)
    Chroma Squad (PC)
    Crypt of the Necrodancer (PC)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist (PS4, XBO)
    Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XBO, PC)
    Sonic Dreams Collection (PC)

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I only played a few games but shadowrun and pillars of eternity are some god damn video games

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I played 5 new games this year. I rated Heroes of the Storm 4th, but It's actually GotY 2016, since that's when the beta will actually be over.

But yeah, Pillars of Eternity by like a mile.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Animal Crossing.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dota 2

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I'm at the point where I feel confident about my choice for GOTY 2013

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    dota 2

another convert I see

excellent

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    i just lost the goty

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    This list is so last year

let's get GOTY 2016 rolling

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Why won't it let me vote for Resident Evil 4?

Otherwise known as the Game Of The Year, Every Year Forever.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    RESIDENT EVIL ...

FOOOUUURRRRRR

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    This list is so last year

let's get GOTY 2016 rolling

XCOM2

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Persona 5 goty 2017

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, the only game I played isn't even on the list.

"Forum Trolling" is a game right?

Damn it, I've been tricked again. I thought I had the high score & everything.

orthanc
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Orthanc wrote: »
    Man, the only game I played isn't even on the list.

"Forum Trolling" is a game right?

Damn it, I've been tricked again. I thought I had the high score & everything.

I don't know how to tell you this orthanc, but ever since the expansion came out, you've been flaking, missing raids ... I doubt your mount is even ascended yet. There are people who've been pushed out of the leaderboards that you haven't even heard of. I'm not one to talk, but the mountain to the top has only gotten steeper over time and we're not getting any younger

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Its me. I am the game of the year.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Man

Witcher 3 devoured my perception of the year

I don't even know if 2015 was an especially good year, I don't know if I can know, because Witcher 3 overshadowed everything else I played to such a degree it borders on the comical. Me and SilverWind lost weeks of free time to that game, both of us crowded at my desk while riding around Velen or Skellige, hunting down basilisks and kicking trolls in the dick and having adventures and all

And man, the characters. Triss and Zoltan and Dandelion were at their best, everyone in the universe talked about the Bloody Baron, it had villains you could genuinely hate

And I don't know if I've ever cared about any game characters as much as I cared about the relationship between Geralt and Yennefer and Cirilla. That shit is so good. Being able to heal the rift between estranged lovers for the sake of their adopted daughter? Man that's good.

What a good game.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    It was three lovely but grueling weeks, starting right after work and then going through to bedtime, only stopping for dinner; I don't think we could've kept up the pace for much longer

It was splendid, and then there was more in the form of the DLC

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    That DLC alone could have won Game of the Year most other years

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    I'm trying to play this Grow Home joint

I do not care for this Grow Home joint.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    kentucky route zero ain't even on this list

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm trying to play this Grow Home joint

I do not care for this Grow Home joint.

Grow Home is not a very good joint

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    kentucky route zero ain't even on this list

kentucky route zero had no releases in 2015

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I don't see your point

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    this ain't gamefaqs where we ask "hey guys is final fantasy 7 better than ocarina of time" every year machwing!

we need to have STANDARDS and CUTOFFS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    if kerbal friggin space program can be on this list, kentucky route zero can and should be the glittering city on a hill (the hill is a pile of bad videogames)

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    was KR0 technically released in any way in 2015? Kerbal's excuse is that it came out of early access into the full release version with no asterisk at the end.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Kerbal friggin space program came out in 2015

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    was KR0 technically released in any way in 2015? Kerbal's excuse is that it came out of early access into the full release version with no asterisk at the end.

the last KR0 release was in May of 2014

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy VII > Ocarina of Time