As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book Two (final standings are up!)

• Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Gonna be cutting those close once my 5:30 flight gets in. I may be a few mins late to the first stop

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    TomsushiTomsushi Registered User regular
    @Swae is it possible to bid on a plushie of a different house than the one we are in? My heart is with House Lannister but my friends recruited me to the Crows.

• Options
    Wzagorski89Wzagorski89 Sinton, TXRegistered User regular
    Is there a chance for more tickets between now and PAX?

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Tomsushi wrote: »
    @Swae is it possible to bid on a plushie of a different house than the one we are in? My heart is with House Lannister but my friends recruited me to the Crows.

It would be pretty difficult, since our plan is to auction off each plushie when we meet up with that house. Maybe you can find a proxy bidder?

• Options
    Is there a chance for more tickets between now and PAX?

Only if people cancel. Etaoin will post here if there are cancellations, so keep an eye on the forums and on the official twitter and be ready to jump if some become available.

• Options
    Swae wrote: »

It would be pretty difficult, since our plan is to auction off each plushie when we meet up with that house. Maybe you can find a proxy bidder?

Thanks that's a great idea and I have just the person to ask.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    TwitchCon and Twitch stuff update incoming for House Lannister! GCA and some new GAW soon

• Options
    Are there anymore volunteer spots open? Or slots in general? I have a friend coming last minute and is looking for a ticket.

• Options
    EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    We have 2 volunteer spots open. One in Lannister and one in Targaryen. PM myself or Swae if interested.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    I might be interested in the volunteer spots possible I still get to hang out, enjoy the occasional beverage...

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    HOUSE STARK!

It is I, the King in the North. I have been silent but that is because I have been planning our strategy on how to raise the most money for Child's Play, but also have a kick ass time doing it!

My proposal is that we trounce House Targaryen this year and attempt to raise $1200 towards the charity! Why $1200? Twelve is my lucky number, two zeroes next to it look pretty nice, and it's a number higher than what the Mother of Dragons put up.

Now, how do I suggest we do this? Title Deed Sales and Auctions. Original idea, I know!

As I stated in the recruitment post, the people of the North (YOU!) can get a signed, sealed, and delivered (during the crawl) title of your liking. You can be the Lord, Lady, Knight, or Squire of whatever you hold dear, and it'll be signed and stamped making that binding. Show your friends! Impress your family! Wonder after sobering up what you were thinking when you asked to be the Count Baroness of New Zipland. These documents (image below) will be written out right there and printed on weathered paper with an actual wax seal in the space below. I'll be selling these for $10 and they'll be going towards our total goal.

wGInMOQ.png

Now, AUCTIONS!

I'm planning three auctions. One small, one medium, one big-ish(?).

The first auction at the first bar will be for a Greywind Plushie. These things are adorable.

00452373-029768_700.jpg?k=ebd9f188&pid=452373&s=catl&sn=hbo

The second auction will be at the third bar. It will be the entire Stark FUNKO Pop Vinyl line. WHEE!

61ooND3kVgL._SX450_.jpg
    51hmLCjOTSL._SX300_.jpg
    funko-game-of-thrones-pop-game-of-thrones-ned-stark-vinyl-figure-02-2.jpg

The third auction will be at the penultimate bar. This will be an 11x17 framed print of Winterfell. If you win, you can hang it up next to your title deed. Wouldn't that be neat to see in the foyer or closet of your choice!

http://i.imgur.com/dLTAwMU.jpg

---

So that's what I got. A few things, if you haven't signed up for the Facebook page yet, do so. CLICK HERE!

Also, please follow the House Stark Bar Crawl twitter feed. I'll be updating stuff going on there, so please follow to keep up to date. CLICK HERE!

See you in San Antonio!

zerzhul on
    15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I just canceled 1 for Night Watch. Get it while it's hot. And cold I guess. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-shot-of-ice-fire-book-two-tickets-18694881895

• Options
    And we're full again

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    I just canceled 1 for Night Watch. Get it while it's hot. And cold I guess. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-shot-of-ice-fire-book-two-tickets-18694881895

The penalty for desertion is death.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2016
    Geth, execute @YoungFrey

zerzhul on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Keep walking, breeder

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I'll assume these are all pop-culture references of some kind.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    In Game of Thrones, the penalty for deserting the Night's Watch is death.

• Options
    Yarrr ImA PirateYarrr ImA Pirate Registered User new member
    Bah it's full up.

• Options
    Bah it's full up.

It's best to follow the Twitter page as they tweet as soon as anything opens up and they go fast.

• Options
    Don't forget to join your House Facebook pages and to follow @PAXIceandFire on twitter to find out all the amazing things that the team leads are doing to raise money for Child's Play!

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Gah! I missed it again! I'll keep my eyes on Twitter/this thread and hope for a miracle.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I had to let my spot go, so there should be 1 opening with House Lannister as of about 1 minute ago.

Have fun everyone, I'm sorry that I won't be making it.

• Options
    Full again!

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    PAXisdopePAXisdope Registered User regular
    I'm so pumped. Only a few more days!! :o

• Options
    edited January 2016
    A Night's Watch spot is available!

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    beardhawkbeardhawk Registered User regular
    These Magnets are available at the crawl from The Watch! Price points are follows: $5 each or $15 for a set of four

60e8ssebybwn.jpg

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Sadly I won't be attending the crawl, so I'll be releasing 2 tickets for The Night's Watch. Good luck guys, I do hope to join up on it some year!

• Options
    The 2 Night's Watch spots are available now.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    I grabbed those two Night's Watch spots!

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    And I haven't even released mine yet!

(so 2 more are happening... now)

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Hey Everyone. Just an FYI. I am getting TONS of requests from people to open up more spots, make an exception etc. This will not happen. (Unless you donate a crazy amount to Child's Play and show me a reciept :D ) The only way to get a spot from here on out is to grab a cancellation. I post on our twitter @PAXIceandfire first and then here if and when cancelations occur.

1 Baratheon and 2 Wildling spots are available now!

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    It's very nerve racking staring at my Twitter feed waiting for a spot to open up, my friends need to not be last minute

• Options
    :-( sorry but that's the only way to make it fair

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    HOUSE STARK!
    Just a remind on a few things!
    1. Follow the twitter feed. This is where updates during the crawl will be made! https://twitter.com/PAXStark

2. Bring money to donate to Child's Play! Be awesome! Any 10 dollar donation will get you a really cool wax sealed title deed of whatever merit you want!
    3. We've got auctions! A Greywind Plushie, all the Stark Funko Pop Figures, and a custom print 11X17 framed pic of winterfell!
    4. OUR SCHEDULE IS UP! Please check it out!
    Schedule:
    Bar 1 (7:15 - 8:00): The Worm Tequila & Mezcal Bar
    Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Agave Bar vs. House Baratheon
    Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): The Buckhorn Saloon vs. House Lannister
    Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): The Davenport Lounge vs. The Night's Watch
    Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Agave Bar vs. House Targaryen
    Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Swig Martini Bar vs. The Wildlings
    Bonus Bar (1:00 - close): The Davenport Lounge with all crawlers

See you at the crawl! ‪#‎TheNorthRemembers‬...

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    House Lannister will be offering some of these items up for GCA (Child's Play of course!), GAW and sale during the pubcrawl, look for me near the banner!

Fallout 4 Nuka Cola magnet bottle opener x 2
    Unopened Blizzard Seires 2 pins x10
    LE Blizzard Alexstrasza pin x 1
    Blizzard Zerg landyard x 2
    Twitch Purple solo cups ~ 5(?) - These things are beast! I've used them projectiles with much success! And Yes these are from Twitch!
    TwitchCon series one pins x 10 - These have been opened but FCFS can pick what they want I'll probably combined them with the Twitch cups so if you donate you get both!
    GoT wolf plushie x 1 (This will show them Starks!)
    GoT shot glass set x 1
    PAX Aus 2015 core set x 1
    HoS Skin code!
    Blizzcon show exclusive Murick backpack (use google) note this is pending how much space I have left after the beers, sorry I gotta prioritize :)

Also we're considering throwing another TwitCon Hoodie in the fray anyone want one?

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/12593965_10102543175422879_5612437348918381145_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/12615737_10102543175427869_4627836884445818065_o.jpg

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/12605343_10102549337998029_565938690970604270_o.jpg

If you two ppl want the same item, we settle it the only way that's fair.....Trial by Combat!

Hope to see you fine folks in a few days, helping to benefit a great cause and having fun!

flashe on
  • Options
    Last minute addition!

We will also be auctioning off a PAX Community hoodie (size L). Graciously donated to us by someone who bought it but never wore it! How bout that?

Also, to House Lannister: First you make us behead one of our direwolves and now you're selling off it's pelt!? DO YOU KNOW NO HONOR!? I guess I should have expected this from a Lannister.

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    Speaking of House Lannister - your Game of Throny will be up for auction when we meet you at the Buckhorn Saloon, so save some cash!

ml8bx7p5x6o3.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    We're full

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    OP updated - there was an error in the Lannister schedule which has been corrected. The midnight bar for House Lannister versus House Targaryen is Buckhorn Saloon. Sorry for the confusion!