As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Super Best Friends Play] i have to arrest myself for honking my own dick

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Considering where the FFX playthrough has gone

I'm really excited to see Woolie go off on Detroit

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh my god it's goth ellen paige and I think woolie's boner is going to destroy the microphone

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    *watches raven cry video*

Spiritual successor to the Ride to Hell LP in the making.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    the games are definitely in a comparable quality tier

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    They missed a Resident Cutscene.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Yeah just resolve yourself to Pat and Mat missing stuff in REO. Mat is for all intents and purposes going in blind and Pat's memory of the game is probably going to go downhill from here. Which isn't bad, but it's not gonna like their other RE playthroughs.

Speaking of which, Revelations 2 still has the BEST ending.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh man, that Saltybet video was insane. I love it.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh man, that Saltybet video was insane. I love it.
    Dee Bee Kaw was just a joy to watch.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Sppaman is the one true king.

Gundi wrote: »
    Sppaman is the one true king.

I didn't think anyone could beat Budman Goodman.

How wrong I was.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The FFX play through is defying the normal trend of super long LPs by becoming better as it goes on. Keep this up and it will ascend to the echelons of the endurance run

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    I'm watching the ride to hell LP and the reveal in episode eight is blowing my mind

Vendetta: Cry of Whiny Crow is Ride to Hell prequel starring Chris Conway.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Zm1HChZaA

IT'S HERE

IT'S THREE FUCKING HOURS

Can you guess who failed to put Shovel Knight on their list

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    I cannot guess

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wait is it actually a 2014 list or is that a joke

BahamutZERO.gif
    They do their game of the year awards a year late

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Can you guess who failed to put Shovel Knight on their list
    I'm guessing Liam.

Their "we are experiencing technical problems" screen is my favorite of all time

dN0T6ur.png
    Late's good. Gives you time to think about it.

Liam can keep hyping these up as much as he wants

That Danganronpa LP unsold me on this series pretty hard

dN0T6ur.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The game they played on the channel is not very indicative of what the core series is like.

The main games are somewhat like the Ace Attorney games but with a darker tone.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    And social links of sorts as you can interact with the rest of the cast to improve your abilities during the trials.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    though true, the fact that ultra despair girls is the most recent release is still something to make one wary about the future of the series

every time a japanese franchise begins to cater more to certain niche markets, an angel cries

liEt3nH.png
    though true, the fact that ultra despair girls is the most recent release is still something to make one wary about the future of the series

every time a japanese franchise begins to cater more to certain niche markets, an angel cries

there was an ios game that came out last year, but it was apparently poop soup

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

there was an ios game that came out last year, but it was apparently an ios game

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Yeah. The one thing I know about UDG is That Really Bad Thing, and I know that DR1 has none of that shit.

Just, you know, psychological torture and murder.

Enlong wrote: »
    Yeah. The one thing I know about UDG is That Really Bad Thing, and I know that DR1 has none of that shit.

Just, you know, psychological torture and murder.

there is no creepy sexual assault minigame garbage in the first 2

DR1 does have a little bit of cheesecake and handles a situation involving a trans person pretty poorly.

So it's not without some problematic elements.

DR1 does have a little bit of cheesecake and handles a situation involving a trans person pretty poorly.

Not trying to start anything but about that situation...
    ...I don't remember from the LPs I've read that Chihiro was trans at all. If I remember correctly, Chihiro dressed as a girl simply due to feeling physically inadequate as a boy.

that character is not trans

it's a similar but opposite situation as naoto in P4

Owenashi wrote: »

Not trying to start anything but about that situation...
    ...I don't remember from the LPs I've read that Chihiro was trans at all. If I remember correctly, Chihiro dressed as a girl simply due to feeling physically inadequate as a boy.
    He was bullied into it. Not a "be who you want" kind of thing.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Yeah, some of their best LPs are the ones where they're getting super excited about what they're playing, like Wonderful 101. I love that video.

Final Dreadnought: Round 1.

While I suppose you can say the character isn't trans, the situation is still super problematic and has a bunch of characters acting in gross ways about it when confronted with it.

While I suppose you can say the character isn't trans, the situation is still super problematic and has a bunch of characters acting in gross ways about it when confronted with it.

take a shot everytime

Basically, the thing has proven to be offensive towards some people's sensibilities towards trans issues because even if the character is technically not trans the game still invokes imagery and tropes linked to harmful attitudes about trans people or cross dressers.

edited January 2016
    I was being a dick here, ignore

PiptheFair on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Basically, the thing has proven to be offensive towards some people's sensibilities towards trans issues because even if the character is technically not trans the game still invokes imagery and tropes linked to harmful attitudes about trans people or cross dressers.

so, even though it actually has nothing to do with the issue, people get upset about it because they think it has something to do with the issue?

that is definitely the internet

Things tangential to an issue inadvertently reinforcing harmful stereotypes is absolutely a thing, Pip, don't be a goose.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Not to completely excuse them and not totally recalling the story word for word here but the group are in a situation that relies on a fragile sense of trust which gets repeatedly broken with every trial so any gross thing they say or act they do in response to the character's secret is somewhat understandable due to their stressed out emotional state. Plus I think overall they still consider the character in a very positive light, especially with something the character made helping them out greatly by the end.

This discussion has been closed.