As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling Thread] is going to cry for a few days, if that's ok with everyone

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    He'd keep Brock but hopefully find a more intimidating last name than Lesnar

Brock Samson

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

Samson

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Brock Samson
    Schide wrote: »

Samson

now you have to kiss

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I feel like Brock might have been the recipient of the Bruan Strowman name if he were around today.

Or maybe they'd just split the difference and go with Brock Strowman.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    The Sonic WrestleMania booker put way too many matches on the card.

That would take forever.

That's why they gotta go fast!

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong on my counting here, because I certainly could have missed some guys.

But I think these are the only people who were big indy stars who got to keep their names when they came to WWE:

Punk
    Joe
    AJ
    Aries

Owens and Bryan are close, so I guess we could count them if we wanted. But other than these guys, I can't think of anyone.

I wonder what the rationale is when they decide who gets to keep their "indy name"?

I also wonder about a guy like Brock Lesnar. If he were just coming up now, he would definitely be in NXT. So I try to imagine what kind of silly name they would give him, because he likely wouldn't keep his actual name in this day and age.

As to how they decide although Aries is an outlier age wise I am starting to think time in the indies and relative age has something to do with it. The guys who kept it had really built up a pretty big name making them a brand that had value to WWE in getting to appear as themselves. They also all came over a little bit older excepting Aries, so taking time to rebrand them potentially keeps them off tv for a while in developmental and now in NXT while they get a following established under the new name.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Brock Samson
    Schide wrote: »

Samson

now you have to kiss

SGe5AUd.jpg :heartbeat: cGHCkh1.jpg

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    (I'll be honest, I made that post partially in hopes someone would make that joke.)

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong on my counting here, because I certainly could have missed some guys.

But I think these are the only people who were big indy stars who got to keep their names when they came to WWE:

Punk
    Joe
    AJ
    Aries

Owens and Bryan are close, so I guess we could count them if we wanted. But other than these guys, I can't think of anyone.

I wonder what the rationale is when they decide who gets to keep their "indy name"?

I also wonder about a guy like Brock Lesnar. If he were just coming up now, he would definitely be in NXT. So I try to imagine what kind of silly name they would give him, because he likely wouldn't keep his actual name in this day and age.

Post-MMA? That would be easy.

Brock Lee.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

Punk
    Joe
    AJ
    Aries

Brock Lee.

Brock O'Lee

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

Punk
    Joe
    AJ
    Aries

Brock Lee.

I should have been more specific.

I meant if Lesnar was just now getting out of college and was making his way into pro wrestling. No MMA or football stuff in his background yet.

I'm imagining an alternate universe where he's paired with Jason Jordan as a heel collegiate wrestling "wrecking crew" style team.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Watching Smackdown highlights that air before Raw up here in Canada.

Man, Ranallo just sounds like an announcer. He's got that "legit" feel when he's talking that Cole has never really had, to me.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    The audio editing is strong in this Rumble recap video.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    That's not how tails work, Vince.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Vince ground Roman's bones to make his bread.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Every single line of this Vince promo could be turned into a sad joke about their booking strategy.

"We do everything to make ourselves happy"
    "We don't care how you're feeling"
    "Once you're broken, you stay broken"
    "I enjoy watching misery in other people"

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    As much as I hate her, Stephanie is so fucking hot.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    This promo hits a little too close to home, it's basically an admission that Vince doesn't really care what fans want.

• Options
    Trips is such a piece of shit. I love him so much.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Maybe it's the flashbacks to when he was champ. . .but that belt looks stupid as fuck. For some reason it worked around the waist of the "New Breed", but HHH without the WCW World Title, or the WWF/E HW Championship. . .yea. Goofy.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    I can't help it, I like Triple H

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Trips is such a piece of shit. I love him so much.

Oh there is no doubt that even though I think this is a bad decision .....H is going to make or break it with how good he is on the Mike and in the ring at his age. He is honestly more impressive to me now than he was in the DX era.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I love when heels are so obvious in their contradictions.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    how many times have they said Roman Reigns

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    this is a weird promo but if it results in the return of brother devon i'm cool

• Options
    Heheheh ...he is taking his ball and going home. I actually love how petty his reasoning is.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    this is a god tier promo

• Options
    I hope they have a better twist than Roman walking out and talking back

• Options
    Im the champion and im the boss so get fucked everyone.

THAT IS VINTAGE HHH

• Options
    I hope they have a better twist than Roman walking out and talking back

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• Options
    what were they chanting?

• Options
    I want pictures of Trips sideplates

• Options
    So, the Fastlane main event is Roman/Dean, right?

• Options
    ooh, Reigns vs Ambrose at Fastlane?

• Options
    no

no no no no

I want AJ vs someone not a million year old and post mid life crisis

• Options
    yeah alright, I'll watch AJ Styles beat the hell out of a dad

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wait, why is Dolph an integral part of Total Divas?

• Options
    oh thank god flo rida is just a guest

• Options
    no

no no no no

I want AJ vs someone not a million year old and post mid life crisis

Jericho's entire role in the company is established name that can still put on a decent match while jobbing to the new guy. He is doing exactly what he should be and getting guys over at the end of his career. His antique mike work not withstanding I don't get why you guys crap on him doing exactly the thing you say older guys should do and doing it pretty well.

• Options
    KEVIN OWENS IS HERE TO KILL DOLPH ZIGGLER

This discussion has been closed.