As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can I get THE WITNESS (oh can I get a Witness)

BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
shot_2013.12.18__time_18_30_n01.png

There is an island. On this island are puzzles, puzzles put here by a crazy man who peed in a goddamn jug while spending 5 years making this freaking game.

Jonathan Blow's follow up to Braid is finally coming out tomorrow (on Steam and PS4) and no one knows a fucking thing about it.

Except for the fact that there is an island. And on this island are puzzles.

Come my friends, let us witness these mysteries together.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    As long as some of the puzzles aren't trying too hard to be clever like "sit on a cloud for two hours" then I'm interested.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    If you're curious the GB quick look actually shows the very core basics of how the puzzles in the game work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dx4PAf63lw

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to being stumped by this game and coming nowhere close to finishing it.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I reaaaaaally wanna play this game. I gotta get money together for it.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    My willpower to wait a week or two on this is breaking

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    So what is this like Myst or something.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I should really wait to get this until after XCOM

and after Firewatch

and after Street Fighter

and after Fire Emblem

But I have nothing to do nowwwwwww

6F32U1X.png
    So what is this like Myst or something.

Yeah but cool

(I've never played Myst)

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna buy this game. I hope its witnice and not shitness

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    I've been goofing on this game for quite a while cause I really did not comprehend what it even was

And then I watched the Quick Look and the second before Jeff Gerstmann said it I said aloud "oh, maze puzzles! i DO like mazes!"

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I've been goofing on this game for quite a while cause I really did not comprehend what it even was

And then I watched the Quick Look and the second before Jeff Gerstmann said it I said aloud "oh, maze puzzles! i DO like mazes!"

there's a point in the quick look towards the end where Jeff sees something and just goes "fuuuuuuuuuuuck" and that was my exact reaction to what he was just realizing and goddamn it made me so excited to play this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Do we know when it's going up on PSN

presumably when the PSN store updates tomorrow (usually 3est I think?)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

Usually PSN updates by like 2pm PST but sometimes it updates earlier and sometimes later because reasons.

Inquisitor on
    Okay yeah I'm getting this tomorrow

Got a few things I can trade in for $40 of PSN bucks

After reading Brad's review, if it's anything at all similar to Fez in the regards that the community might be figuring out things together, I kinda don't want to miss the zeitgeist

I'm gonna ditch my copy of Halo 5 that I got for free and played for like an hour

Halo 5's not very good, you guys

6F32U1X.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It unlocks at 5 am tomorrow morning my time.

That gives me a good 2-3 hours of Witnessing in before I have to go to work.

broken image link
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    also HELP i can't stop pressing the Witness Me button

broken image link
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Got up early and dicked around with it a bit

Near the beginning there's a door locked with a very complicated puzzle that you're obviously supposed to come back to later and the completionist in me won't let me leave it be

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Intro area basically lets you know "Do not barrel through this game. . ."
    There is an "audio log" I guess on top of a roof. You can only get to it if you jump off the beaten path outside the first area. It also reminded me there was a puzzle with a SECOND output that I probably should switch on.

Also the game is gorgeous as hell. Like a weird construction paper world, using the brightest paper stock.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend

Near the beginning there's a door locked with a very complicated puzzle that you're obviously supposed to come back to later and the completionist in me won't let me leave it be

Are you talking about the white door?
    Progressing even a little further will quickly teach you what you need to know to solve that door.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Did...did Jonathan Blow really pee in a jar?

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Did...did Jonathan Blow really pee in a jar?

Looks like it. Straw doesn't extend into the jar.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wish Jonathan Blow wasn't such an asshole.

He makes really good games that I buy and play and I don't really want to give him money.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

Are you talking about the white door?
    Progressing even a little further will quickly teach you what you need to know to solve that door.

There are a couple back there; the greens were easy to figure out. Definitely need at least the first blue to figure the other out. Unless you are just stone cold lucky.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    Jonathan Blow is fine

He makes really good games that I buy and play and I don't really want to give him money.

Is he actually an asshole or does he just have the reputation for being one because internet?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    This game looks great! I don't have 40 bucks to drop on it, but it is so pretty

The way I see it, I've pissed in a bottle and I didn't make Braid or The Witness

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that he did

The way I see it, I've pissed in a bottle and I didn't make Braid or The Witness

I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that he did

Not a lot of people will publicize it to the entire world though.

It was actually pretty hilarious watching the reaction to the jug by other game devs. I think he got exactly the reaction he expected or wanted from that tweet.

So turns out Gamestop is doing an extra 50% on all trade-ins for the rest of the month

I brought in like 4 games and got 130 bucks

so this is downloading now

6F32U1X.png
    Definitely picking this up tonight. Should give me something to do during the immense downtime on my business trip next week.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Personally I think it's fucked up to not piss in a jug or bottle.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Buy it on humble store and give it all to charity? Or you could just tell yourself you're supporting the rest of the team that made the game

Why is Jonathan Blow an asshole? I have missed this.

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    He doesn't like some things and likes other things and peed in a bottle.
    He deserves no money!

No I don't.
    Will people give me money if I pee in a bottle?

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Will people give me money if I pee in a bottle?

No! Being peed in bottle man makes you asshole.

No I don't.
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Peeing in that bottle led to Navarro twitter magic so I'm pretty on board with it

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So turns out Gamestop is doing an extra 50% on all trade-ins for the rest of the month

I brought in like 4 games and got 130 bucks

so this is downloading now

Oh man I just found this out when I went there

Thought I was trading in just enough for The Witness

Had enough for The Witness, Lego Avengers season pass and Valkyria Chronicles