As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RIP Alan Rickman

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Carrie Fisher is a legitimate maniac and I love her very much

She's a diagnosed Manic-Depressive. It's cool that's she's open about it these days.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    i really wish i had a way to watch the alan rickman episode of king of the hill right now

it's so perfect

you could buy it on amazon

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    i really wish i had a way to watch the alan rickman episode of king of the hill right now

it's so perfect

at least once a week I get frustrated that king of the hill isn't streaming on Netflix anymore

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

it's so perfect

at least once a week I get frustrated that king of the hill isn't streaming on Netflix anymore

I tell you wut that netflix aint right

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

it's so perfect

I tell you wut that netflix aint right

you know what is a surprisingly accurate stand-in

the show Fixer Upper

the dude is basically a sillier version of Hank Hill

handy guy from texas workin' a blue collar job

he even says "I tell you what"

it's uncanny

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    abe vigoda is still alive

I have some bad news

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    RIP Abe Vigoda

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    Christ. January really isn't letting up.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I mean,

if ever there was someone I was prepared to hear had died, it was Abe Vigoda.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i never expected Abe Vigoda to actually die. like, Conan O'Brien would continue making cracks about his old age up until Conan kicked the bucket.

:( 2016 what did we do to you?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    abe vigoda is still alive

I have some bad news

man...

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    man

2016 sure is an asshole

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I don't think it's 2016's fault that it is too far from 1921 to reliably sustain human life

94 is a fine age

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Man

Stan Lee is 93

That's going to be a bummer of a day

• Options
    number13number13 Registered User regular
    Don't you dare.

2w3e5cp.jpg
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    I guess I'm not shocked but still. Man.

Stan Lee would upset the hell out of me, but when David Attenborough goes I am warning you now, I will be inconsolable.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    At least the recurring actors from Back to the Future are still alive

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2016
    Richie Havens died too. Great great musician.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

frankly, "is fark dead" was a more pressing question than "is abe vigoda dead"

• Options
    fark is just one of those things that is still unaccountably extant and probably will be for the forseeable

like ain't it cool news

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Or Evil Avatar

or for a less repellent example, Blues News

• Options

Drew Curtis' recent run for governor plus Fark's new policy against trolls seems to have brought life back to the site

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

Drew Curtis' recent run for governor plus Fark's new policy against trolls seems to have brought life back to the site

Their policy against trolls is an open joke. First of all, they'd have to ban half their mod staff.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Now we've lost Wogan, too. I really hope it's just January that's got it in for beloved celebrities, and not the entire year.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was just talking about him yesterday! :(

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    Now we've lost Wogan, too. I really hope it's just January that's got it in for beloved celebrities, and not the entire year.

I'll always remember him for those yellow pants he wore on points of view that time.

And being a beloved national treasure that did a bunch for charity, of course.

But mostly those pants.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm saddened to see that it appears all videos of his incredible 100ft putt have been removed fro Youtube, probably because it made actual professional golfers look like sad amateurs.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    According to TMZ, George ‘Crackhead Bob’ Harvey, one of the Wack Pack members on the Howard Stern Show, has passed away at the age of 56. He’s the latest Wack Pack member to die in the last eighteen months after Eric the Actor, Riley Martin and Johnny Fratto. Harvey’s father found him in his Texas apartment. It’s unknown how he died.

He was a regular on the show from 1995 to 2001. Due to smoking crack, his speech was altered and he was partially paralyzed. He returned to the show in October 2005 and his speech had dramatically improved. 411 would like to give our condolences to his family, friends and fans.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    George Kennedy of Cool Hand Luke, Airplane!, Charade, and the Naked Gun films has died at 91.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/arts/george-kennedy-obit-1.3470183

I'm real bummed out, I just discovered Charade last year and he is fantastic as the hook handed criminal. I don't think I ever disliked a George Kennedy performance.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, he was old and all so to some degree it's like oookay. But I love the FUCK out of Charade and Dirty Dozen and Cool Hand Luke.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Actually more surprised to hear he was still alive. Big dudes don't usually last that long. At least from my personal experience.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I was prepared to be all indignant that Alan Rickman wasn't the final, 'anchor' celebrity for the Oscars' annual people-who-died-last-year montage.

But then, you know, Leonard Nimoy. Can't argue with that. Carry on, Oscars...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Lee Reherman passed away :(

May you Assault challengers with a tennis ball cannon forever in the Gladiators' Arena in the sky

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Awww, Hawk!

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Yeah, he was old and all so to some degree it's like oookay. But I love the FUCK out of Charade and Dirty Dozen and Cool Hand Luke.

And The Naked Guns!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    darleysam wrote: »

I'll always remember him for those yellow pants he wore on points of view that time.

And being a beloved national treasure that did a bunch for charity, of course.

But mostly those pants.

Is that the time when he was manifestly sporting a full erection.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

:'(

I'm legit sad. That dude knew how to build one HELL of a supervillain volcano lair, complete with monorail.