As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie continues her relentless assault against me!

sd6ecnh4umvm.jpg

SkutSkutKarozSir CarcassKalnaurFirebirdElvenshaejclastUseR2006Corsinidestroyah87HyphyKezzyAntoshkaxiearsBeryllineStollsHeatwaveEvmaAlsaran_altBrutal JJazzTalus9952
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Secret World was pretty awesome. The writing and world were very interesting.

I think I got bored with all the investigations and quests that asked for me to turn on my brain though. Not really my thing.

The puzzles are one of the big pluses for it!

usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    ElvenshaeCorsini
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Okay, Dragon's Dogma bought, waiting several hours to download and see if it runs.

Aistan
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Here is something else super cool about Starward Rogue. This is copy/pasta from todays update notes.
    There are also a couple of new enemies from community member zharmad! If you're interested in doing modding and additions and submitting them, a reminder is that we vet all those and potentially make tweaks before we include them in the official game. It's a very curated process, so you don't have to worry about quality drops or anything like that.

THAT said, the modding capabilities are completely open and you are free to do a total conversion or whatever else you want that doesn't get integrated into our main branch. By all means please do! But a lot of folks are creating a piece of content or two that they then feel like would fit in the main game proper, and that's the bit that we curate with a keen eye.

They aren't kidding about over the top mod support.

ElvenshaeThe Escape GoathatedinamericaRoyceSraphimSkutSkutIolo
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Things got dicey towards the end but I managed to pull off the win in my first Massive Chalice run. I lost my caberjack line super early in the game and spent a lot of my research towards trying to get them back by going recruit heroes and then build a keep but it didn't work out for me until about year 220. When I pulled that off I was feeling really good about things but then the cadence struck back hard starting at year 250. Caberjack turf was lost first followed by a couple others and there were a few battles in there where I couldn't even field a full vanguard for lack of heroes only one of which I managed to win with one man left standing. The game gave me a "massive victory" for that. :P The last 30 years were spent on a couple more desperation hero recruitings which actually worked out and the final battle went down super smooth with no more deaths for my team. A bunch of alchemists with unstable carapace armor, sponge stones and the ability to refill their flasks at the Massive Chalice seem to make for easy mode so got lucky there.

Really cool game I'll have to play again at some point, there's all sorts of stuff in there I never even really messed with. Thanks again @Antoshka.

steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeDrakeKalnaurStollsakajaybayIoloJazz
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    beginers_zpsqmgzwfxb.jpg
    @UseR2006 is trying to deny the existence of the Giftluminati, but is actions all but prove that the la luigi lo exist! The truth is out there!

Thanks <3

steam_sig.png
    jclastan_altFirebirdHyphyKezzyKalnaurKarozxiearsCorsiniUseR2006BeryllineMNC DoverStollsHeatwavedarleysamdestroyah87SkutSkutIoloBrutal JJazzTalus9952
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @ReverseCreations tried framing Destroyah, or maybe I was just confused. Regardless thank you!

erm4qwc1f4dv.jpg

jclastFirebirdHyphyKezzyKalnaurPixelated PixieKarozRoyceSraphimxiearsCorsiniBeryllineStollsHeatwaveEvmaAlsardestroyah87SkutSkutIoloan_altBrutal JJazzTalus9952
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Alchs do seem to be a bit OP in Massive Chalice, and I've heard that from veteran players as well. Though I do find having Hunters useful for picking off, like, tremors.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Hunters were my jam most of the game but in that last battle the two I had on the squad were scouts and stayed cloaked almost the entire time.

steam_sig.png
    NebulousQ wrote: »
    Hey do you have any recommendations for co-op games for three people with asymmetrical game play?

My brother, my father, and I would like to play a game together the internet. The issue is that my father has slow reaction times and generally only enjoys games that have a slow pace, such as turn based or grand strategy games. Playing strategy games together has worked in the past, but now with less time to play games and being in separate locations usually means the time my father takes to play at his pace creates dead time for my brother and I were it is likely other responsibilities or entertainment will de-rail the game. I was wondering if there were any games out there that could accommodate differing play styles and paces of play in the same game.

That starship simulator game? Though I think you need a few more people for that.

steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Alchs do seem to be a bit OP in Massive Chalice, and I've heard that from veteran players as well. Though I do find having Hunters useful for picking off, like, tremors.

Alchs are great but I prefer Brewtalists personally.

I only played 6 minutes of Dragon's Dogma before requesting a refund, ran like a dream despite me rocking a 4800+ and a HD 4850, definitely a buy later in the year.......

now what is this burning metal smell and I pray to God its not my PC....haven't sprayed the dust out in a while.

Iolo
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Registered User regular
    Just when I think Dragon's Dogma can't get any better... it does.

I was short-handed one pawn because the silly twit wandered into a lake and got turned into a red mist (water in this game is srs bad bizness), then found myself besieging a damn castle full of goblins - fighting two cyclops at once in the courtyard and a handful of goblins while other goblins fired at us with ballistae loaded with exploding bolts. It was a long and awesome battle followed by fighting another cyclops (an armored one!) atop the battlements, and then tracking down the chief and giving him a good thumping. And this was all after fighting my way through an ogre-infested mine to even get to the castle (and ogres in this game are big scary beasts that will pick you up and use you as a chew toy.)

The castle is mine now. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    DarkPrimusDrakeKalnaurElvenshaeScratchyCorsiniStollsSir CarcassIoloDoctorArchJazz
    Just when I think Dragon's Dogma can't get any better... it does.

I was short-handed one pawn because the silly twit wandered into a lake and got turned into a red mist (water in this game is srs bad bizness), then found myself besieging a damn castle full of goblins - fighting two cyclops at once in the courtyard and a handful of goblins while other goblins fired at us with ballistae loaded with exploding bolts. It was a long and awesome battle followed by fighting another cyclops (an armored one!) atop the battlements, and then tracking down the chief and giving him a good thumping. And this was all after fighting my way through an ogre-infested mine to even get to the castle (and ogres in this game are big scary beasts that will pick you up and use you as a chew toy.)

The castle is mine now. :razz:

Can you paint it pink and staff it with pink bunny guards? (camoflague)

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Registered User regular
    Well, it's not really *mine* exactly. Alas.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Ohhhh shit there is an area-maze game on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434620/

It's two dollars. Don't think buy buy buy buy I hope you like simple math buy buy calculators aren't necessary buy buy

Glorious
    hh3422bjlf5b.jpg

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    DrakeElvenshaean_altIoloJragghenPolaritie
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

It's two dollars. Don't think buy buy buy buy I hope you like simple math buy buy calculators aren't necessary buy buy

Glorious
    hh3422bjlf5b.jpg

Is this a really obscure Stanley Parable reference?

TeeMan
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Glorious

Nah, it's a Loss.jpg edit.

cB557Houn
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That's just math homework, you can't trick me!

The Witness is doing that though. My head hurts.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    bloodatonementcooljammer00StollsEvilMonkey
    Madican wrote: »

Glorious

Son of a bitch, I see the logic......the answer is 8

ElvenshaeStolls
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Glorious

Son of a bitch, I see the logic......the answer is 8

TeeManSpoitStolls
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    is dead space 3 actually good?

1 was amazing. 2 was okay.

but is 3 an improvement?

i'm watching The Expanse on sci-fi and I miss space :(

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Paint It Back complete. Next up, either Dishonored or Batman: Arkham Origins.

steam_sig.png
    Iolo
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

But some how still tempting me.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    DrakeIolo
  • UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    So Just finished Qora - http://store.steampowered.com/app/304460/

It's short, and a lot of fun. It's kinda hard to describe though. Super easy controls, the story unfolds as you play.
    I haven't played anything else really similar to it. It references all kinds of things...

If you want to know if you should play it or not. I'd probably say to give it a go but if you don't like it i can totally see why.
    There is no combat and the game encourages you talking to and checking everything.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    When all you want to do is win one Rocket League game, and you keep losing every single fucking one.

UGH! Going to play Witness until my eyes fall out of my head.

Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah
    Switch: 1639-6388-9968- PSN: Koopah089
    FirebirdDarkPrimusdestroyah87Iolo
  • FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    When all you want to do is win one Rocket League game, and you keep losing every single fucking one.

UGH! Going to play Witness until my eyes fall out of my head.

Same thing happened to me! What the Hell, man!? :(
    It's been going on since last week.

I only won one since then! Yet, I didn't feel good about it...
    Have we been cursed by gypsies or something?

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR

programming homework is a whole genre now!

steam_sig.png
    Iolo
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    is dead space 3 actually good?

1 was amazing. 2 was okay.

but is 3 an improvement?

i'm watching The Expanse on sci-fi and I miss space :(

DS3 was good enough for me, albeit a bit disappointing. Once you get past the intro area, the first third of the game was great. It gets a little less interesting after that, but I still had fun with it.

It has this whole weapon crafting system that was kind of neat, but you could build these overpowered weapons that kind of trivialized a lot of the encounters. I played a few areas in co-op with my brother, which was pretty cool.

I barely remember what happened in the vanilla ending; the DLC ending, though, is really something.

I think Dead Space 2 is my favorite in the series, followed by DS1 and then DS3 and that Dead Space light gun shooter they made for Wii and PS3.

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

programming homework is a whole genre now!

And it's amazing!

I still need to finish the TIS achievements

n57PM0C.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yo that shit looks like math homework.

Does Ellen want to build a fence or something?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    6sjR6NM.png

This is amazing! I have cosplay in my anime, or something to that effect.

Thanks, @ReverseCreations!

I'm not sure what the voices were egging you on for, or how on earth my name entered into it, but happy things are rare round these parts at present, so I shall look no gift horse in the mouth.

Also, why is that a saying?

What do horses have lurking in their mouths?

n57PM0C.jpg
    cooljammer00KalnaurHiT BiTFirebirdElvenshaeStollsHeatwavexiearsPixelated Pixiedestroyah87HyphyKezzyRoyceSraphimKarozIoloan_altBrutal JJazzTalus9952
  • VikingViking Registered User regular
    NebulousQ wrote: »
    Hey do you have any recommendations for co-op games for three people with asymmetrical game play?

My brother, my father, and I would like to play a game together the internet. The issue is that my father has slow reaction times and generally only enjoys games that have a slow pace, such as turn based or grand strategy games. Playing strategy games together has worked in the past, but now with less time to play games and being in separate locations usually means the time my father takes to play at his pace creates dead time for my brother and I were it is likely other responsibilities or entertainment will de-rail the game. I was wondering if there were any games out there that could accommodate differing play styles and paces of play in the same game.

Pulsar:Lost Colony is like Artemis Bridge Simulator, only with planetary away missions.
    if you father prefers there is no reason he couldn't sit up on the ship during away missions and prep the ship or whatever.

Each player takes on a different role (engineer, pilot, captain whatever) which is good for groups of differing skills.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    destroyah87Iolo
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    6sjR6NM.png

I'm not sure what the voices were egging you on for, or how on earth my name entered into it, but happy things are rare round these parts at present, so I shall look no gift horse in the mouth.

Well one of the first things people look at to determine the health of a horse is their teeth. You would do this before purchasing a horse unless you were a gullible fool. So looking into the mouth of a gifted horse (in front of the gifter) is kind of a rude thing to do, implying they were trying to gift you something worthless. Basically don't question your good fortune in receiving a free horse, and don't be rude to people that are doing nice things for you.

steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeKalnaur
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    6sjR6NM.png

y'ever see the movie, "Alien"?

ElvenshaeKalnaurJazz
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    FGxPZdP.png?1

! Thanks @Antoshka for Rebel Galaxy! I've heard great things about it and I loved the naval combat in AC3 AND I'm a fan of space games, so this definitely seems right up my alley! Can't wait to download it and play it! Thanks again! <3

Stabbity Style on
    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
    HeatwaveEvmaAlsarSpoitxiearsPixelated Pixiedestroyah87jclastHyphyKezzyFirebirdSkutSkutbloodatonementakajaybayKarozKalnaurIoloBrutal Jan_altDoctorArchJazzübergeekTalus9952
    aer_zps1robkdjk.jpg
    @Antoshka apparently went from gift horses to leaving trojan horses in peoples beds. <3 thanks <3

steam_sig.png
    StollsHeatwaveStabbity StylexiearsPixelated Pixiedestroyah87jclastHyphyKezzyFirebirdCorsiniMNC DoverSkutSkutbloodatonementElvenshaeKarozKalnaurIoloBrutal Jan_altJazzübergeekTalus9952
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    6sjR6NM.png

y'ever see the movie, "Alien"?

I was gonna say Brothers Grimm. Do not look in that horse's mouth.

• PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    just realized in massive chalice you can have a keep with two same sex rulers and they can adopt. bonus points massive chalice

vvWzuWW.png
    I don't always vorpal blade, but when i do it goes snicker-snack.
    HyphyKezzyRoyceSraphimStollsIoloThe Escape Goat
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    Jeez, @Antoshka apparently didn't appreciate that I tried to stop Reverse-Creations.
    fjbvfm4ent3o.jpg
    Thank you! And I really tried to warn him off.

steam_sig.png
    Pixelated PixiejclastHyphyKezzyFirebirdCorsiniRoyceSraphimbloodatonementHiT BiTKarozKalnaurStollsIoloBrutal Jan_altJazzübergeekTalus9952
This discussion has been closed.