As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's the [Trans thread]!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Hello trans thread!

Earlier today I found an old lesbian dating sim that I was the writer of and have been looking at concept art of it all day.

I've been gay for so long everyone.

I'm to excited about finding this so here's all the characters.
    CZrvfF2WkAAqnjb.jpg

I may retackle this project and diversify it more.

Please keep us posted. I would be interested in paying money for a license to play this game.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. Republicans can never stop being obsessed with where transgender persons go poddy. That's like 90% of those bills. Along with the typical "discrimination doesn't apply to anyone in the LGBT community"

and then.... there's this one from my lovely state.
    HB 2600

What it does: Voids any vital record documents, like marriage licenses and birth certificates, if they have a gender marker that doesn’t match a person’s sex assigned at birth.

Just. What the fuck?

let's not get it twisted: this ain't just a republican thing

Well actually by and large, yes. It is. Out of curiosity I looked up the name of every representative attached to every bill in that article. The only Democrats attached to them are to be found in Illinois (1), Massachusetts (6), and Missouri (1).

So that's 6 Democrat representatives overall compared to the oh.... 141 Republicans.

i am not speaking strictly about legislation

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Hello trans thread!

Earlier today I found an old lesbian dating sim that I was the writer of and have been looking at concept art of it all day.

I've been gay for so long everyone.

I'm to excited about finding this so here's all the characters.
    CZrvfF2WkAAqnjb.jpg

I may retackle this project and diversify it more.

Please keep us posted. I would be interested in paying money for a license to play this game.

Based purely on how they present themselves in that portrait, I think Cameron's my favorite. Which is interesting, seeing as I identify as a mostly-straight male.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ. Republicans can never stop being obsessed with where transgender persons go poddy. That's like 90% of those bills. Along with the typical "discrimination doesn't apply to anyone in the LGBT community"

HB 2600

What it does: Voids any vital record documents, like marriage licenses and birth certificates, if they have a gender marker that doesn’t match a person’s sex assigned at birth.

Just. What the fuck?

Well actually by and large, yes. It is. Out of curiosity I looked up the name of every representative attached to every bill in that article. The only Democrats attached to them are to be found in Illinois (1), Massachusetts (6), and Missouri (1).

So that's 6 Democrat representatives overall compared to the oh.... 141 Republicans.

yeah, republicans might be more open about hating trans people, but it isn't just a political party thing, its a societal thing

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    the republican party is leading the charge with anti-trans legislation but giving them too much of the spotlight enables others (including allies) to get away with micro-aggressions and more

and also it creates a sense of complacency in those of us who want to aid the community ("well, I'm not a republican so I'm not doing damage")

which is obviously not an intentional mindset but still one to be avoided

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

HB 2600

Just. What the fuck?

I was speaking specifically about the legislation linked in that article. I guess I assumed your response had something to do with what was being discussed.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    in fact unintentional mindsets can cause the most personal damage.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I already know where a lot of conservatives stand on trans issues because they loudly scream it

it's "progressives" that I have to watch carefully, because the harm they do comes in the guise of help
    doesn't matter if it's malicious or not

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Like, I'm cismale, and the number of times I've had to deal with my parent/family member defending harmful actions with "I was just trying to help!" is innumerable.

I can't even imagine how bad it is for transfolk.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options

HB 2600

Just. What the fuck?

I was speaking specifically about the legislation linked in that article. I guess I assumed your response had something to do with what was being discussed.

I do think it's good to clarify that it isn't just republicans that aren't cool to trans people, i think that has a bit to do with what's being discussed!

But that bill you linked is some fucked up shit, what state is that?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Tennessee.

And yes, I agree. What's why I made note of all 8 Democrats that signed on to those bills and which states they were from.

Viskod on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Ya it is a societal issue. My family and friends back home in IL are all good democrats vote straight D in every election etc… But when they found out I dated a girl who was intersex I was being called Gay, “F**”, Swishy “so who wore the panties” and well think of any other combination of insults and rhyming insults you can throw at someone. Never mind explaining what intersex actually was or that we didn’t have sex, it was game over.

I still get it now from some of them never mind I’ve been married to a woman for 15+ years. And don’t even get me started on the racism when I Was dating her and my wife.. just UGH!!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    dragonsama wrote: »
    vote straight D in every election

:winky:

but honestly that sounds like some really unbearable shit

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Yukira wrote: »
    Transforumers, more than meets the eye.

To bounce off of this, one thing I've appreciated in the More than Meets the Eye series is not all of the robots have male human avatars.

Cyclonus, Tailgate and Bluestreak are all shown with female avatars. If I remember right, the series writer, James Roberts, said that the bots choose their avatars based on how they identify.

It's rather neat.
    Then we also have Rodimus McFly and Grandpa Megatron.

I remember something like that from one of the earlier issues a while back.

They were looking for a place to chill, off-duty, using their avatars to briefly scope out a bar.

If I recall, Ultra Magnus' avatar was based on a human woman that he'd worked with for a while.

And Whirl's was a young girl with an eyepatch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Yup.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Hello.

I have the depressions.

• Options
    Hi Pony! I'm sorry. : ( Do you need to talk about it?

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    nah.

Pony on
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    nah.

I read your pre-edited post(don't remember all the details. Won't go into it).

If something is eating you, please talk to someone about it. Speaking from experience, the worst thing you can do is keep it inside and just go about your day with a fake smile pretending everything is alright. I've been doing this for about a decade now. It hollows you out until there's pretty much nothing left.

Please get help.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    nah.

Let it out if you need to, dude. There's plenty of folks here that will listen.

• Options
    nah.

I read the post when it was up and I understand. I really do. Disability is hard and it leads to way more introspection than is often comfortable, but if you need to talk about it, this'd be the place to do it. If you aren't ready to do that publicly though, I completely understand.

Do what's most comfortable for you.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    do any trans, nb or any otherwise gender nonconforming folk on here using twitter? i see similar avatars with users on this thread and im legitimately curious

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i guess you could say was i do on twitter is using.

I classify it more as talking into a void, and sometimes the void talks back, typically in the form of nudes of hentai.

• Options
    do any trans, nb or any otherwise gender nonconforming folk on here using twitter? i see similar avatars with users on this thread and im legitimately curious

yup

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I use Twitter a bunch

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    what the hell is twitter

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    what the hell is twitter

It's not quite a twig, and it's not quite a writer, but oooh man

so to answer your question i have no idea.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Twitter is a place where famous people troll each other and the wider world publicly, where normal people kill time and occasionally brain cells, and where robotic people try to sell you on a trip to Brunei. And all in 140 characters or less.

488W936.png
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    It's like climbing to a desolate mountaintop and screaming wildly into the void, but faster.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's basically like this place, but the posts are shorter and 75% of them are spam.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It's like a toilet for words instead of poop.

broken image link
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    It's a place where people are all "Don't post Star Wars spoilers. People that post spoilers are garbage people." on the night of SW:TFA's release and then a week later are merrily posting and retweeting major TFA spoilers.

• Options

it's me, it's me it's The Lord of Weed

• Options
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    It's a place where people are all "Don't post Star Wars spoilers. People that post spoilers are garbage people." on the night of SW:TFA's release and then a week later are merrily posting and retweeting major TFA spoilers.

so it's a place where people freely admit they're garbage

• Options
    Yes.

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    i ask because its a good platform to network with trans folk and folks who can offer resources, should your requisite social networking groups on say like, Facebook don't yield anything good or the politics are too...facebook'd up

im not evangelizing the platform, so much as saying that keeping tabs on popular platforms can be very helpful to you in the trans experience. a great deal of the time there's a lot of solitary living associated with the closted and out experience. so it can be a good boon. i've got publishing work, some good friends and also a lot of opportunities.

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I have twitter but have made like a score of tweets over the last several years.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Skwigelf wrote: »

The fact that they're using Twitter is proof enough. No need to admit admit anything

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Melding wrote: »
    aka the internet

YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.