As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Game night 2016 @ Geekdom (1/28/2016 @ 7PM)

124»

• talamandertalamander Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Are there going to be video games here?

talamander on
  • s3prototypes3prototype Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    talamander wrote: »

I can confirm table top games, I dont know what Geekdom has up their sleeve just yet. But im bringing my vita and DS. Smash Bros?

I can confirm table top games, I dont know what Geekdom has up their sleeve just yet. But im bringing my vita and DS. Smash Bros?

I wish I had a DS

• AerikanAerikan Game Design Manager Wellington NZRegistered User regular
    This is a tabletop game event. We won't have any consoles or PCs set up. People are certainly welcome to bring and there is wifi, but this is really a tabeltop event.

Alright...well, I've never really played a tabletop rpg so maybe I will get to try one out!

• AerikanAerikan Game Design Manager Wellington NZRegistered User regular
    It's mostly board games. But really the whole spectrum - board games, card games, RPGs, some people are bringing video games. We have causal games, serious games, co-op and competitive, social games, games for 2 and games for 20.

Alright...well, I've never really played a tabletop rpg so maybe I will get to try one out!

I got card casual easy to play games. Party games more like.

• PirateTruckPirateTruck Registered User regular
    I'm always looking for co-op games I can play with my wife. I picked up Burgle Bros. after seeing it in the PAX Indie Showcase and think it's really fun. It plays up to 4 if anyone would be interested in me bringing it.

• Fedaykin98Fedaykin98 Registered User regular
    Hey, I can't make it to this meetup, but if anyone in this thread is bringing a copy of Blood Rage to PAX and would be up for teaching my friends and I, I'd like to buy you a drink*! ;)

(*assuming you're of age)

• japesterjapester Registered User regular
    Fedaykin98 wrote: »
    Hey, I can't make it to this meetup, but if anyone in this thread is bringing a copy of Blood Rage to PAX and would be up for teaching my friends and I, I'd like to buy you a drink*! ;)

(*assuming you're of age)

I can probably hook you up. Sent you a PM.

I'll be around the corner from Geekdom that night, but I'll try to pop over for a bit with Zombicide: Black Plague. And I plan on having that plus Blood Rage in the tabletop free play area in the evenings. If anyone sees those lids popped up, and a tall, goofy-looking guy poring over game manuals, grab a chair and say "hi!".

• BailieBailie Registered User regular
    this was lot of fun. Thanks for putting this on, and thanks to Alamo for sponsoring the beer.

• DrunkVikingDrunkViking Registered User regular
    Thanks again to the organizers for a great evening!

"Praise day at even, a wife when dead, a weapon when tried, a maid when married, ice when 'tis crossed, and ale when 'tis drunk." - Havamal
  • mgnademgnade DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Ton of fun! thanks to everyone that played my game Brass Empire

zerzhul on
  • nbs2nbs2 Registered User regular
    We ended up arriving way later than expected, but it was fun. Hopefully we'll be able to go back again next year.

• podunk the mightypodunk the mighty Game Designer TexasRegistered User regular
    It was a lot of fun, albeit moreso after the beer ran out and half the people fled because of it.

On Their Merry Way Is On Kickstarter Today!
    I design games under the name New Experience Workshop.
    Website. Facebook. Twitter.
    It was a lot of fun, albeit moreso after the beer ran out and half the people fled because of it.

Yeah, they came for the beer and some stayed for the games.