As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2016 Parties/Events

• DaeDrougDaeDroug Registered User new member
    Blizzard wasn't there last year? I specifically remember playing Overwatch a couple times.

• InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    I've opted to divide up the events that are announced into either attendee run or developer run. I'll be updating the first post with the information.

Thanks!

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Thanks so much for starting up this thread! I logged in to make sure someone had for 2016. :) I'm a bit frazzled, so I doubt I'd have the time to dedicate to this thread this year!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    I'm back!!! My favorite thread with regards to Paxeast!!! It's still early but I'll keep my ears open when it comes to Royale (and the other clubs in that location, they change the names on a monthly basis). I'm hoping that there's at least one major party at Royale. Last year's party was insane. I got to hang out with Cliffy B (like for real, we did shots together). You can't beat that. Good luck and remember to help out your fellow gamers.

• rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    sudds honestly is the man great dude to party with def will be hitting up the royale party with him again this year and any other party at the venue

• Jared A. SorensenJared A. Sorensen Registered User regular
    Play SPACE STATION at Boston Museum of Science's Charles Hayden Planetarium!

On April 21st, the Museum of Science is letting me turn the Charles Hayden Planetarium into my own personal game table. Play "Parsely: Space Station" with full 360° graphics! Those of you who know/played Action Castle have a clue what they're in for. If you're in Boston the night before PAX East and looking for something to do, come on down!

Check out the details here: http://www.mos.org/public-events/space-station

memento mori theatricks / memento-mori.com
  • melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    That seems fun!

Thanks bro! We run that shit again this year for sure!

Sudds27 wrote: »
    Thanks bro! We run that shit again this year for sure!

for sure man me and my boys that i was with last year are all ready to party again

On April 21st, the Museum of Science is letting me turn the Charles Hayden Planetarium into my own personal game table. Play "Parsely: Space Station" with full 360° graphics! Those of you who know/played Action Castle have a clue what they're in for. If you're in Boston the night before PAX East and looking for something to do, come on down!

Thank you! Updated OP.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Not necessarily a question about PAX parties but is there any where in Boston which does decades club nights like 80s 90s 00s etc?

pax%20sig.png
    Thank you! I've updated with the Pig Roast and the gathering. We're just waiting on additional confirmation for the boardgame at this time.

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Not necessarily a question about PAX parties but is there any where in Boston which does decades club nights like 80s 90s 00s etc?

In Allston (part of Boston) is a place called Common Ground. Thursdays are 80s, Fridays are 90's, and Saturdays are 00's.

QuantumShaddow on
    3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    6blounge near boston common has late night 90's and 80's party on Friday and Saturday but it may be used for PAX related events so maybe call as we get closer to Earth Day (April 22)

iec5nehi4ot3.png
  • melzwaymelzway Registered User regular

Got my tickets!

• ToucansToucans New EnglandRegistered User regular
    If anyone likes the band The Spill Canvas, they just announced a tour and they'll be in Boston during Pax Weekend. They're playing at The Middle East.

sucks its not during pax or i would be there. Maybe this means they will be at pax since they will already be in boston

Well its on the Monday after pax so

pax%20sig.png
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Not during PAX but Harmonix is doing an Amplitude Live Event at the Middle East on the 26th of this month. There will be live performances by Freezepop, Symbion Project, Kodomo, and Autoblaster. They'll have stations for you the play the game and the devs will be there too. Sounds like a PAX Party that just happens to not be during PAX. https://www.facebook.com/events/1133777296646488/

DXLJjjr.png
    Has any gotten wind of any other events going on as of yet? We still have 2 months to go but still....it's ONLY 2 months away!

• kalastaakalastaa The Stressed PAXer Connecticut Registered User regular
    Any idea when Harmonix will put word out about their party? Can't wait!

• Onslaught7Onslaught7 Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks for keeping this thread updated! I'm excited to check out a PAX party or two this year. :)

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    Has any gotten wind of any other events going on as of yet? We still have 2 months to go but still....it's ONLY 2 months away!

Waiting VERY impatiently for Pokecrawl news... And Harmonix.

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png

Waiting VERY impatiently for Pokecrawl news... And Harmonix.

Typically Party info doesn't come out until 2-4 weeks before con.

DXLJjjr.png
  • jpkjpk Registered User regular
    kalastaa wrote: »
    Any idea when Harmonix will put word out about their party? Can't wait!

I don't see any details about the event, but Harmonix is offering VIP access to their party as a reward ($250+) in their FIG campaign.
    As a Fig VIP backer, we welcome you to our party at PAX - in Boston, MA, April 22-24 - with full VIP treatment (special VIP area access, free food and beverages of choice), and an opportunity to meet key Harmonix and Rock Band team members! (Does not include admission to PAX itself.) https://www.fig.co/campaigns/rock-band-4-pc

I just talk to the owner of Royale (the joint usually host 1 or 2 parties) and so far there's no word of any parties... yet. I'll keep everyone posted. If scheduling plays out the same way as last year then we know deals come together very quickly (just weeks before pax). That's all I got for now. Track me down during pax... Gamers gotta stick together and drink together! I just made that shit up.

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    I just talk to the owner of Royale (the joint usually host 1 or 2 parties) and so far there's no word of any parties... yet. I'll keep everyone posted. If scheduling plays out the same way as last year then we know deals come together very quickly (just weeks before pax). That's all I got for now. Track me down during pax... Gamers gotta stick together and drink together! I just made that shit up.

Sounds right though ... lol

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    damn sucks that none have been mentioned yet hopefully something happens asus was off the hook last year there

• AppleguysnakeAppleguysnake Registered User regular
    Hi! It was suggested I post here, if you aren't into parties, but still want to do something with a group, we'll be running a game of Johann Sebastian Joust at the Lawn on D (powered by Citizens Bank), right next to the convention center on Thursday evening. We've done this the past two years (in the Westin lobby) and it's a lot of fun. Here's hoping for good weather!

Thursday, April 21st

7:00 – 10:00 pm
    Johann Sebastian Joust
    Location: The Lawn On D Powered by Citizens Bank, 420 D Street, Boston
    Recommended for: All ages!
    Admission: $0.00

Hi! It was suggested I post here, if you aren't into parties, but still want to do something with a group, we'll be running a game of Johann Sebastian Joust at the Lawn on D (powered by Citizens Bank), right next to the convention center on Thursday evening. We've done this the past two years (in the Westin lobby) and it's a lot of fun. Here's hoping for good weather!

Thursday, April 21st

7:00 – 10:00 pm
    Johann Sebastian Joust
    Location: The Lawn On D Powered by Citizens Bank, 420 D Street, Boston
    Recommended for: All ages!
    Admission: $0.00

Thank you! OP updated with the information.

• monkoshmonkosh NYCRegistered User regular
    The annual Made in MA pre-pax party has a save date but not much more.
    http://www.massdigi.org/events/pre-pax-east-made-in-ma-party-april-21-2016-cambridge-ma/

iec5nehi4ot3.png
    I'll have to keep an eye on it.

updated!

Has anyone had any inkling of any other events that are being run? I know most may show up on Twitter but I rarely use it.

I haven't heard anything but Eventbrite is another good site to check since a lot of the parties use them for ticketing. I think we'll start to hear more starting next week or the week after :)

DXLJjjr.png
    yea we normally hear bout the 3 or so weeks out

• ebagazareebagazare Registered User regular
    posted this originally in a wrong thread :? i'm pretty sure this counts as a party. Wargaming is holding a player gathering at Laugh Boston (right next to the Westin) on Saturday April 23 from 5-9 PM. Details and RSVP are here: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/boston16-gathering/