As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"Bad" Food Thread: Episode III - Revenge of the Melt

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I bet if I pick up that sandwich the sauce and fries will come with it

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If that's a raw egg on top I'm not touching it. Fuck salmonella.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    salmonella isn't inside the eggs, it's on the shell, and that's actually not a problem in Europe because of the way they treat their chickens and eggs

also it can be cooked and still look like it's on the raw side

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    It is almost guaranteed a fried egg sunny side up

VRXwDW7.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2016
    Shorty wrote: »
    salmonella isn't inside the eggs, it's on the shell, and that's actually not a problem in Europe because of the way they treat their chickens and eggs

also it can be cooked and still look like it's on the raw side
    CDC says you're wrong and there are species of Salmonella that can get inside the egg via infection of the chicken's ovaries.

Note that the chances of getting sick are still low unless you're downing raw eggs every morning like Rocky. Raw eggs still look unappetizing though.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    whatever I have health insurance

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I think I remember Alton Brown saying chances of salmonella are something like 1 in 40,000. Now, raw eggs aren't appealing enough to make me want to eat it on top of a sandwich, but I am more than willing to take my chances with raw cookie dough.

steam_sig.png
    Paladin wrote: »
    whatever I have health insurance
    The motto of the Bad Food Thread.

YL9WnCY.png
    Chances may be 1 in 40,000 but I have had true food poisoning once already and now I never want anything to do with peanut butter ever again. I'd rather not go through that with eggs when I can just cook it up and make it far more delicious anyway.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Burger King has jalapeño chicken fries now. They're nice, they taste a lot like jalapeño, but they rlarebt very spicy.
    There's going to eventually be enough flavors of chicken fry that @The Betgirl and @Whippy won't need to eat anything else.

Don't forget me! I am a proud member of Team Chicken Fries

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Madican wrote: »
    Chances may be 1 in 40,000 but I have had true food poisoning once already and now I never want anything to do with peanut butter ever again. I'd rather not go through that with eggs when I can just cook it up and make it far more delicious anyway.

If you've ever had eggs with runny yolk, those did not get cooked enough to kill salmonella inside the yolk. Not trying to be a dick, just some advice about if you're truly wanting to avoid the chance.

Cabezone on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I love that the origin of the Francesinha is that it's just a croque-monsieur adapated for local tastes. If the local taste in Porto is to take a cheese-topped ham sandwich and stuff it with sausage and then smother it in beer sauce, well, I was clearly meant to be born in Porto.

You can pasteurize eggs at home holding them at 135 for 105 minutes. it does change the raw consistency but not the cooked. It does increase the whipping time of eggs when making dressings and such. I use this method when I want to use raw eggs in stuff, like home made mayo.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    A blast from across the Atlantic, I bring you Francesinha

VXqGjpe.png
    U72A1Pj.png
    NDkPUDT.png

Yes to all of that.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    You can pasteurize eggs at home holding them at 135 for 105 minutes. it does change the raw consistency but not the cooked. It does increase the whipping time of eggs when making dressings and such. I use this method when I want to use raw eggs in stuff, like home made mayo.

Vinegar at room temperature sterelises the mayo.

edited January 2016
    You have to make sure the acid level is correct and it takes 1-7 days depending on how much acid you use to be sure. So I much prefer to just pasteurize the eggs and I can do whatever I want with the recipe.

It is an option for folks without an easy way to pasteurize the eggs.

Cabezone on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I probably prefer raw eggs to cooked ones

They make a damn fine Aviation

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't think I prefer one over the other, but I'm not giving up raw eggs. Pisco Sours and sugar/butter/egg pre-cookie dough are two of my favorite treats.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Garlic is the superior mashed potato additive.

kyrcl.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Garlic mash is good

I also recommend mustard mash.

Not had sour cream in it before

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    That is entirely too much cheese.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSS. Blasphmey!!!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Dude, anything...literally anything can give you food poisoning. I've had it, and I'm pretty sure it was some Fancy cheese that did it to me that was at a buffett my work treated(hah) us to. I've not had the urge to never eat cheese again dispite 4-5 days of pain which began the night before I was going to get on a plane for my vacation. Luckily I had vomited out everything inside me including my bones before getting on the plane, so i was able to just sit quietly screaming in pain until i got to my destintation and passed out.

Gimme dat cheese and PB.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Horseradish mash!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Sour mash!

kyrcl.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Pizza Hut in New Zealand has introduced Hash Bites Crust Pizza. Yep, it's a pizza with tater tots.

PH-Tater-Tot-Crust.jpg

hey. hey @Fishman. hey. get this and report.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    MEANWHILE, IN AUSTRALIA

Mac-Sauce-Sale.jpg
    In a limited run, the fast food chain is selling 4,000 bottles for $4.95 each. The bottles will be available at 40 participating restaurants.

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Pizza Hut should maybe focus on making their pizza taste good instead of trying to find new crap to shove in the crust.

"Have you had cheesecake...IN PIZZA CRUST? Experience the gimmick taste roller coaster today!"

YL9WnCY.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Pizza Hut is the only one of the big Pizza chains I refuse to eat

It is fucking terrible

CYpGAPn.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Pizza Hut is the only one of the big Pizza chains I refuse to eat

It is fucking terrible

I won't eat papa johns either.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Do they not sell Thousand Island dressing in Australia?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I made a chicken and bacon sandwich with spinach leaves, swiss cheese, and bbq sauce. It was pretty good!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    That is entirely too much cheese.

HISSSSSSSSSSSSS. Blasphmey!!!

CZ0lINBWkAARNo7.jpg:large

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    don't forget

5. Out of cheese.

steam_sig.png
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Just don't include:

6. Bathroom.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Right, the next step after five is:

6. buy more cheese.

steam_sig.png
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Just don't include:

6. Bathroom.

If you ate that much cheese you're not going to to the bathroom for a long time.

Kaplar wrote: »
    Just don't include:

6. Bathroom.

If you ate that much cheese you're not going to to the bathroom for a long time.

utzTCyo.png

steam_sig.png
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Tried Marco's Pizza for the first time recently, I think it's my favorite chain pizza now.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Tried Marco's Pizza for the first time recently, I think it's my favorite chain pizza now.

Marco's is delicious. Their Pepperoni Magnifico and White Cheezy are excellent pizzas.

Too bad the closest Marco's is an hour drive from my apartment.

This discussion has been closed.