As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Becoming a Enforcer

NicolasAustinNicolasAustin Registered User regular
I have a friend that wants to be a enforcer this year for Pax East and I was wondering when will the Enforcer applications be out?. If anyone knows yet!?

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
  • LesStewartLesStewart Barrie, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Kilonum wrote: »

Sorry if I overlooked it in the threads, but are Enforcer applications available or is it limited to veteran Enforcers this year?

LesStewart on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    There will be an announcement on @Official_PAX as to whether or not [E] applications will be taken. That announcement has not come yet for this show.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Also, I see your location is in Canada. I will tell you that one of the first questions in the application is whether or not you are able to legally work in the US. And yes, that is a deal-breaker.

whypick1 on
  • deestardeestar [E]nforcer PAXEast Vermont Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    If you want to enforce this year - - you probably want to get your app in right away.. There are almost always some new [E] applications accepted every year it is almost never only veteran [E] working the convention. While a lot of us [E] veterans try to do this every year that little thing called real life sometimes gets in our way so the number of open spots can vary from year to year and new faces are always welcome.

deestar on
  • FastrFastr Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    It's a good time to enter into Enforcing. Seems like we are losing a lot of veterans to well.. Life?

Fastr on
  • GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Yes. Everyone enforce. My dream to one day be the only person actually attending pax as a visitor shall come true!

But really. If you want to enforce please put your app in. South was extremely low on enforcers. East has been losing them to attrition.

• ChachiBobinksChachiBobinks Registered User new member
    Fastr wrote: »
    It's a good time to enter into Enforcing. Seems like we are losing a lot of veterans to well.. Life?

I think it's more due to the show spread. Enforcing can be a pretty expensive hobby and with three continental shows now, you've got to limit yourself. Also people who traveled from the South up to the other shows now don't have to in order to jump in, but someone who lives in & Enforces at East hasn't had to travel so far before, y'know?

• deestardeestar [E]nforcer PAXEast Vermont Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    There are a lot of Pax's now as an Enforcer I know I can't afford either the time off to do more than East and/or West/South (costs the same money pretty much for a ticket to Seattle as it does to San Antonio) that is probably true for most of us. Unless you are self employed at a very highly paid job it is simply undoable. Especially when you are talking traveling to AUS which can be pretty pricey- esp for those of us on the East Coast.

deestar on
  • FastrFastr Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Fastr wrote: »

I think it's more due to the show spread. Enforcing can be a pretty expensive hobby and with three continental shows now, you've got to limit yourself. Also people who traveled from the South up to the other shows now don't have to in order to jump in, but someone who lives in & Enforces at East hasn't had to travel so far before, y'know?

Good point. I know some that did east and prime are doing south instead of east now. I can't do more then one a year I don't know how they were managing 3... Now trying to add a fourth, jeez.

Fastr on
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Enforcer applications for PAX East are closed. Best of luck guys. =D

• eevee135eevee135 Registered User new member

do they send emails if you don't get in?

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    eevee135 wrote: »

do they send emails if you don't get in?

Yes, everyone gets an email, accepted or declined.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Sweet!! I got accepted. Really happy to join the Enforcer ranks for the first time.
    Looking forward to meeting and working with fellow Enforcers.