As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    Ugh today is Tomb Raider day. I've been saying I'm going to wait on a sale after it's been out a while because I have SO much stuff I'm actively playing right now.
    but...it looks so good >:(

Preloaded! The game is ready! My body is ready!

... and I'm stuck at work for 7 more hours.

/sigh

You sure? You look like you may have a fever....

Yeah, I took off work 2 hours early yesterday to go walk around a cemetery for a while* and try to clear my head. I should probably stay for the duration today.

Don't judge me. :lol: It's a safe, non-trafficky, scenic/historic place with miles of pathways. I love walking there.

We're not judging you . . . we're just stocking up on stakes, garlic, and holy water for the winter.

Everybody likes to try their hand at Necromancy one day or another.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    A bunch of new achievements just popped up for Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Hopefully that means the mini-campaign is almost ready!

And it looks like Marvel Heroes also snuck in a bunch of achievements for the new year.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Ugh today is Tomb Raider day. I've been saying I'm going to wait on a sale after it's been out a while because I have SO much stuff I'm actively playing right now.

/sigh

Yeah, I took off work 2 hours early yesterday to go walk around a cemetery for a while* and try to clear my head. I should probably stay for the duration today.

Don't judge me. :lol: It's a safe, non-trafficky, scenic/historic place with miles of pathways. I love walking there.

We're not judging you . . . we're just stocking up on stakes, garlic, and holy water for the winter.

As long as its just the hand as opposed to other parts and -mancy instead of -philia.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    VarinnVarinn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    UseR2006 wrote: »
    Varinn wrote: »
    This might not be related to this thread, but I figure Valve is supposedly partnered with HTC so why not, I need to get my mind off the new Tomb Raider that I both cannot afford and cannot run.

Does anyone know anything about the supposed content showcase that is happening today just south of where I live? Nobody has been talking about it, I haven't seen any mentions of coverage for the event, nothing. I'm not a big VR fan but a few of my friends/coworkers are and it makes me curious, plus I like to see what they are interested in.

I'm totally hoping for a "HL3 confirmed"...

http://vrsyndicate.com/2016/01/27/these-are-the-htc-vive-titles-valve-is-showcasing-in-seattle/
    Sorry to bust your dreams there. Looks like it's just multiple rooms with vr setup to test out/demo.
    Boo-urns.

Oh well, I've got a bunch of other games to play. Not going to lose any sleep over that! I've been playing through Borderlands 2 again, I feel like I might be missing out by playing from the couch with a controller versus joining an online match and running through with some other people. I tried it once, but I felt fairly useless compared to the accuracy of the guys playing on KB&M setups.

I've been wanting to run through bl2 haven't finished our hey. Could use a Co op. How far in are you?

I think as of last night I was level 12, playing as Zer0. I just got past the
    Firehawk lair, I'm at the bandit camp in the desert now

• Options
    UseR2006UseR2006 MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Pixie with a chainsaw hand. I don't know if that would be frightening or cool.

"I know you've been online.... There are lots of people that don't have that voice, that makes them ask themselves if what they make is shit or not." [img][/img]WJnjIS1.png
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Oh well, I've got a bunch of other games to play. Not going to lose any sleep over that! I've been playing through Borderlands 2 again, I feel like I might be missing out by playing from the couch with a controller versus joining an online match and running through with some other people. I tried it once, but I felt fairly useless compared to the accuracy of the guys playing on KB&M setups.

I've been wanting to run through bl2 haven't finished it yet. Could use a Co op. How far in are you?

@Varinn, I'm always happy to jump into a BL2 game if I'm free, and I don't care how shiny and chrome your couch accuracy is. Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iolonotlolo/

You might consider adding a link to your Steam profile in your sig so other BL2 enthusiasts can add you as well. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    The latest Diablo 3 season and watching The Last Airbender (for the first time) while being ridiculously busy at work took me away from the thread for awhile. So much catching up to do!

I started looking at the Day Zero site. Was already prepping my own list for this year but now I have all kinds of extra ideas.

Next month is Deadpool! Time to fire up the game again just for some random fun!

Now to catch up on the thread.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    l5affljw5ptg.jpg

It seemed like a safe place to hide it!

Thanks to @UseR2006 for Echo Tokyo. I couldn't resist a cyberpunk-themed VN. It'll either be great or total pooh, but I have to check it out.

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    This month's Humble Bundle was like the best thing as far as content, but the worst when you don't have much time. I have never played an XCom game ever, and now I apparently have every XCom ever made.

Plus Civ 3 Complete, 4 Complete, and 5 with I think all of the dlc.

I downloaded Civ 4 over the weekend. I figured I'd start there. I haven't played a Civ game since 2.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Hard times at Arcen Games.
    See Houn's much better and more informative post below.
    Sorry @Drake

akajaybay on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    You're missing Brave New World from Civ V. Also, it's super okay to let the super old X-COM games languish in your library at the expense of the modern, good, and actually enjoyable Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So, this is Starward Rogue.

I don't know much about it, but it looks like a mech-bullethell-roguelike. I also know it's by Arcen Games, the guys that did Bionic Dues, which seems to get a decent amount of love around here. And then today I read that they ran out of money and are gonna have to lay off most of their staff.

Now, I'm not a guy that feels that anyone owes a business anything, and I'm certainly neither a super-fan nor a hater of Arcen. It's pretty clear that they mismanaged their money on an overly ambitious project (not this game, but another one, see the blog post), and this is a shitty month to release anything, between Winter Sale Wallet Fatigue and excitement for new AAAs on the way. That said, I feel bad for them, especially after all this heavy midlife crisis "death of dreams" talk, and reading that guy lay it out so honestly is, well, sad. So I'ma buy this when I get home later today.

The rest of you, do with this information as you will.

*edit* GDI Akajaybay.

Houn on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It does suck. Arcen are interesting, every time. Even though AI War is the only game they've made that I thought was truly worth diving into, they always do something that's worth a look, pushing weird procedural boundaries.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Iolo wrote: »

I've been wanting to run through bl2 haven't finished it yet. Could use a Co op. How far in are you?

@ Varinn, I'm always happy to jump into a BL2 game if I'm free, and I don't care how shiny and chrome your couch accuracy is. Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iolonotlolo/

You might consider adding a link to your Steam profile in your sig so other BL2 enthusiasts can add you as well. :)

I want to do a run through with Krieg, I picked him up after having played TPS so I haven't gone far with him at all yet.

Plus I haven't really done much multiplayer of it, I always feel kinda pressured to get through as fast as possible, whereas I sometimes like to take my time rather than just rushing the next objective.

Edit: Forgot to remove batsignal, apologies!

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

Damn it!

Skyward Collapse / AI war are great, great games.

However, it raises an interesting issue on the Steam store, because in spite of enjoying most of their other games, I had no idea they'd released another, and the rest of that blog post kind of supports that changes to the Steam store encouraged that issue. It's always interesting to get a look at the numbers behind the scenes as well, though it mostly happens as a result of circumstances like this.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular

I love garlic. And it's a verifiable fact that I have no heart. You might be in trouble.

The only way to satiate her undead demonic thirst is more VNs, clearly I'm just providing a safety service to everyone in this thread.

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I don't know much about it, but it looks like a mech-bullethell-roguelike. I also know it's by Arcen Games, the guys that did Bionic Dues, which seems to get a decent amount of love around here. And then today I read that they ran out of money and are gonna have to lay off most of their staff.

Now, I'm not a guy that feels that anyone owes a business anything, and I'm certainly neither a super-fan nor a hater of Arcen. It's pretty clear that they mismanaged their money on an overly ambitious project (not this game, but another one, see the blog post), and this is a shitty month to release anything, between Winter Sale Wallet Fatigue and excitement for new AAAs on the way. That said, I feel bad for them, especially after all this heavy midlife crisis "death of dreams" talk, and reading that guy lay it out so honestly is, well, sad. So I'ma buy this when I get home later today.

*edit* GDI Akajaybay.

Been looking at it for the past week, might be pushed over the edge now.

Similarly, I suggest people check out Death by Game Show, another great new game that is getting no attention. http://store.steampowered.com/app/409730/

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Both of these games look like a lot of fun. Sorry, wallet.

• Options
    On the one hand, I think it's amazing that we live in an age where pretty much anyone has the tools available to them to create games; the lowered barrier to entry means that those artists who otherwise wouldn't have been able to clear the technical hurdles can share their unique and interesting visions with the world.

On the other, the lowered barrier to entry means any hack looking to make a buck without taking the time to hone their craft can do so. There are so many god damned games now, and no good ways to find the gold without digging through the shit.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Humble has a couple of games that I think are a little bit under the radar (but I really like) on sale for $2 right now.

Spy Chameleon which is a like a PS2 era Adventure's of Lolo clone
    header.jpg?t=1447361595

The Fall which is a really cool take on the old school point and click adventure/puzzle game.
    header.jpg?t=1447361053

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Ugh, bummer about Arcen. Bullet-hell is really not my cup of tea, but I'm good for a copy I guess:

signature.png

Flash giveaway so folks who don't win can still pick up a sale copy of their own if so inclined.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Antoshka wrote: »

Damn it!

However, it raises an interesting issue on the Steam store, because in spite of enjoying most of their other games, I had no idea they'd released another, and the rest of that blog post kind of supports that changes to the Steam store encouraged that issue. It's always interesting to get a look at the numbers behind the scenes as well, though it mostly happens as a result of circumstances like this.

What is the best way to follow specific publishers/developers and game announcements? I mean, I can possibly join a Steam group for that publisher/developer but then you have to actively check it. It would be really nice if there was a way to just subscribe to specific publishers or devs who make things you are interested in and just get game announcements from them.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

Damn it!

What is the best way to follow specific publishers/developers and game announcements? I mean, I can possibly join a Steam group for that publisher/developer but then you have to actively check it. It would be really nice if there was a way to just subscribe to specific publishers or devs who make things you are interested in and just get game announcements from them.

Twitter?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    can't you follow them?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    f3rret wrote: »

Damn it!

Twitter?

Company web page lists Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and two separate RSS feeds.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

Damn it!

Twitter?
    Facebook and then opt in to notifications when they make a post.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Damn it!

Twitter?

I guess though that would require me to create a new twitter account just for following those. Unless there is some sort of 3rd party thing that allows you to group the people you follow on twitter into different feeds (i.e. a celebrity feed, a gaming feed, etc.). Truth be told, I miss a lot on twitter because it just moves so quickly.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

/sigh

As long as its just the hand as opposed to other parts and -mancy instead of -philia.

I use my magic wand to raise the dead.

I've heard no complaints.

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    Humble has a couple of games that I think are a little bit under the radar (but I really like) on sale for $2 right now.

Spy Chameleon which is a like a PS2 era Adventure's of Lolo clone
    header.jpg?t=1447361595

Spy Chameleon is great! I found myself sinking time into getting the levels done with all the objectives, from times to collecting the, lady bugs? Was that it? Either way - great game!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »

See, 5-10 years ago, that would have been a free flash game on Newgrounds. Now shit like this (pun intended) is on Steam and they charge for it.

No. Just... no.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @gBAZ just posted in Steam Chat that DiRT Rally is £1.51 on Amazon UK right now so anyone who can buy from Amazon UK should absolutely get on that! That's a steal for that game

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems it's sold out already.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @gBAZ just posted in Steam Chat that DiRT Rally is £1.51 on Amazon UK right now so anyone who can buy from Amazon UK should absolutely get on that! That's a steal for that game

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems it's sold out already.

Dagnabbit, it is. Not altogether surprising. Thanks for trying, though :)

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks to @Satanic Jesus and their Septerra Core giveaway, I can relive the old days of sucking at this game, thanks! :heartbeat:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    HiT BiT on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

Note that there is a $40 tier as well to get what is essentially the bundle plus the rest of the games in the "Selection Pack" which is normally $129.99.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by Styx. The AI is brain dead at lower difficulties and the combat system is basically a penalty for fucking up the stealth, but the stealth system was competent and there was a surprisingly interesting story as you got further into the game. I'd still like to see a sequel.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by Styx. The AI is brain dead at lower difficulties and the combat system is basically a penalty for fucking up the stealth, but the stealth system was competent and there was a surprisingly interesting story as you got further into the game. I'd still like to see a sequel.

A sequel is scheduled to come out this year, in fact.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    $1 tier is an absolute steal for Space Run alone.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    $1 tier is an absolute steal for Space Run alone.

And Final Exam included in the $1 tier looks like it could be fun co-op for some FNG times.

The sad part about that bundle is I pretty much have everything I'm interested in. And I haven't actually played ANY of them.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.