As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    SanderJK wrote: »
    A rabbi, an imam and a priest walk into a bar.
    The bartender asks "Is this some kind of joke?"

You know what isn't funny: Somewhere in the last week Firaxis moved Xcom 2 to Feb5 for Europe. WTH.

Hasn't that always been the release date?
    I could have sworn it was the 8th at some point?

Nah, it's been Feb 5 since they announced the delay last year.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

You know what isn't funny: Somewhere in the last week Firaxis moved Xcom 2 to Feb5 for Europe. WTH.

Then what the hell am I thinking of that releases on the 8th?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

Then what the hell am I thinking of that releases on the 8th?

No idea since the 8th is a Monday, which is an unusual day for stuff to drop.

• DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Ohhhh shit there is an area-maze game on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434620/

It's two dollars. Don't think buy buy buy buy I hope you like simple math buy buy calculators aren't necessary buy buy

Glorious
    hh3422bjlf5b.jpg

I know I'm late, but hum, I think my son could use that. He is only 8, but math can be fun too?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Life is Strange is definitely for anyone who's a narrative adventure game person.

My copy of the physical limited edition arrived today, funnily enough. Nice little package.

In the throes of my post-fiction depression, I've been considering that. How's the artbook?

s7Imn5J.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Two eggs, a pancake, and some sausage walk into a bar. The eggs go up to bar, and say, "Bartender! A drink for me and my friends."

The bartender says, ...
    "I'm sorry - we don't serve breakfast here."

EDIT: Missing closing quotation mark was bothering me.

Elvenshae on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Ohhhh shit there is an area-maze game on Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/434620/

It's two dollars. Don't think buy buy buy buy I hope you like simple math buy buy calculators aren't necessary buy buy

Glorious
    hh3422bjlf5b.jpg

I know I'm late, but hum, I think my son could use that. He is only 8, but math can be fun too?

Indeed it can.

That's why Silent Hunter is such fun: applied (action) trigonometry.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Two eggs, a pancake, and some sausage walk into a bar. The eggs go up to bar, and say, "Bartender! A drink for me and my friends."

The bartender says, ...
    "I'm sorry - we don't serve breakfast here.

#DadJokesForTheWin

shdwcaster wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

The bartender says, ...
    "I'm sorry - we don't serve breakfast here.

#DadJokesForTheWin

It's actually my wife's joke, and one of the reasons I married her. :D

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    If your nose runs, and your feet smell...
    ... you're built upside down.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says: 'No, she went of her own accord.'

May have heard it wrong.

that makes less sense than my joke.
    rorschach_by_haveba25-d3a8ted.jpg

e: wait, that's not the actual panel. WHATEVER.

http://shewentofherownaccord.com/about

Weird mashup of the two.

Jragghen on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't know what it is, but The Witness is starting to feel like it will be the first full price game I purchase this year...or rather, since 2014. I'm suddenly very tempted to buy it, but on the other hand, I still haven't finished Hexcells Infinite, which probably pushes some of the game buttons in my brain.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So I'm wanting to buy something and I kind of, sort of have my eye on Telltale's Game of Thrones. What's the consensus? Good? Decent? Bad?

I know Borderlands is suppose to be great, I've just never been a huge fan of that world.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    If you particularly enjoy sitting and pondering out the logical solutions to problems in Hexcells...
    You should probably get The Witness.

I haven't managed to sink a ton of time into it yet, but it's pretty great. My completion stats at this point is something like 80 panels +7 (which stumbling into those extra puzzles is its own special moment which I imagine is potentially quite different for folks in terms of what triggers it for you). The fact that finishing that game is going to be somewhere around 450 panels. And being a completionist about it means more like 750...There's a lot of puzzle material in there that is a great mixture of studying the environments around you and applying an ever expanding glossary of logical puzzle rules.

edited January 2016
    Grove wrote: »
    So I'm wanting to buy something and I kind of, sort of have my eye on Telltale's Game of Thrones. What's the consensus? Good? Decent? Bad?

I know Borderlands is suppose to be great, I've just never been a huge fan of that world.
    I quite like the Game of Thrones books and have generally enjoyed the show. I've dabbled in the Borderlands shooters but never managed to put much time in any of them, and had no real affinity for the setting.
    I've played both games and found Game of Thrones to be their weakest effort in those style of games so far (minus possibly Minecraft since I haven't played that one). Super uninspired. Open ended to boot.
    Tales From the Borderlands is incredible. The writing is snappy, it's got its comedy and action timing beats locked in throughout the whole run. Music choices are great. It does what it sets out to do with great skill. I recommend it highly regardless of level of Borderlands lore exposure. Great voice acting too. That's probably a big part of it.

akajaybay on
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Want my honest opinion?

It's a pass, at least until the sequel is (completely) done.

It's a rather nice journey, but sadly, by the end, you'll start noticing all the wires holding everything together. The differences between choices are rather minimal, even inconsequential, and the end is such a cliffhanger that it's just not worth it.

Even being a fan of both books and show this is something I can't recommend because it doesn't come to any sort of satisfactory conclusion (it's not about a good one or a bad one, it's that there is none.)

It all feels like they were going to close the story arc in the sixth and final episode, only to decide at the last moment to release a sequel and leave us all hanging. (Which could explain the abnormally long time it took them to release that episode, since it wasn't particularly long.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
    Cool. Thanks for saving me $30!

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    If you particularly enjoy sitting and pondering out the logical solutions to problems in Hexcells...
    You should probably get The Witness.

I haven't managed to sink a ton of time into it yet, but it's pretty great. My completion stats at this point is something like 80 panels +7 (which stumbling into those extra puzzles is its own special moment which I imagine is potentially quite different for folks in terms of what triggers it for you). The fact that finishing that game is going to be somewhere around 450 panels. And being a completionist about it means more like 750...There's a lot of puzzle material in there that is a great mixture of studying the environments around you and applying an ever expanding glossary of logical puzzle rules.

Perhaps I'll wait until I finish Hexcells and see how I feel about more puzzles. Seems like a good compromise.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    On the one hand, The Witness is exactly my kind of jam. I loved Myst back in the day, and I'm one of those psychos that got all the stars in Braid (xb360 version). On the other... $40. It'll hit $20 at some point within the year, I'm sure of it.

edited January 2016
    Alright, I've read a few reviews and I think I'll snag Tales from the Borderlands.

Plus it's $5 cheaper than GoT.

Grove on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Tomb Raider initial impressions: runs beautiful, looks beautiful, hammering my screenshot key, and their crazy attention to detail in animations persists as now Lara has an animation to wring out her ponytail when she gets out of water.

Also glad to see Lara packs heat now as a rule.

s7Imn5J.png
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Here's another one of those. Also a short term one. Ends in three hours.
    signature.png
    @Petesalzl wins this Starward Rogue copy. Will pass along the game shortly.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Alright, I've read a few reviews and I think I'll snag Tales from the Borderlands.

The Wolf Among Us is pretty great too.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    @Grove isn't game of thrones in the New humble bundle?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    On the one hand, The Witness is exactly my kind of jam. I loved Myst back in the day, and I'm one of those psychos that got all the stars in Braid (xb360 version). On the other... $40. It'll hit $20 at some point within the year, I'm sure of it.

Not a Myst fan in the least, but I totally got all the stars in Braid because *twitchtwitch*reasons*twitchtwitch*.

The pictures and video of The Witness does nothing for me, though.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Grove isn't game of thrones in the New humble bundle?

It's the RPG GoT game though it also has pretty good reviews.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

The Walking Dead is the best. I assume this is already common knowledge though.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Kalnaur wrote: »

Not a Myst fan in the least, but I totally got all the stars in Braid because *twitchtwitch*reasons*twitchtwitch*.

I gotta say I'm surprised there isn't an achievement for that.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I gotta say I'm surprised there isn't an achievement for that.

Considering the themes of the game, it actually makes sense there would be no "achievement" for it.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I think Tomb Raider might be the most beautiful game I've ever played. Everything cranked to max with some supersampling AA, and it looks just... I am awestruck. And my screenshot key is wearing out already.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

You misspelled "Tales from the Borderlands."
    Opinions!
    TftB is SOOOOOOOOO good.
    LoaderBot/Gortys for President 2016!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    Iolo wrote: »

Opinions!
    TftB is SOOOOOOOOO good.

Screw Claptrap, I need figures of those two.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Screw Claptrap.

This is all I read. Does that make me bad?

Edit: to be clear, I read it with the intention of, "man, screw Claptrap".

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I'll be continuing the Dishonored charity stream on Twitch in about 15 minutes or so!

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Sunless Sea is pretty neat. I've been playing for a few hours, but haven't died yet! I'm probably being too cautious, but I've almost starved a couple of times so there's that.

Free weekends are such a great idea, I'll definitely be picking this one up later. Summer sale probably.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Claptrap is the best

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Opinions!
    TftB is SOOOOOOOOO good.

Don't forget Dumpy!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    Claptrap is the best

He's my best friend!

Sunless Sea is pretty cool. It's probably had some updates since I played, but here's some tidbits I learned that is good to know early on.
    Being cautious at the start won't work out well. If you only range out a short distance and come right back you'll rapidly run out of resources altogether and won't even be able to fuel up for a deeper voyage.
    So you have to take some chances and head deeper. But visiting already discovered ports along the way helps you earn fuel by turning in port reports back in London.
    It's often a good idea to run without your lights on. It will make your crew crazier and crazier, so be careful how much you do it. But you use less fuel when the lights are off and that's often a worthy trade.

• AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, I think Tomb Raider might be the most beautiful game I've ever played. Everything cranked to max with some supersampling AA, and it looks just... I am awestruck. And my screenshot key is wearing out already.

So the steam overlay isn't a problem?

Also, are you running on AMD, or nvidia - was the original one of the games with issues on that?

n57PM0C.jpg
This discussion has been closed.