As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Work sixteen [Job] and what do you get...

QanamilQanamil xRegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Social Entropy++
An American lifestyle and crippling debt.

Solid combo work from DevoutlyApathetic and SoggyBiscuit for the title and follow-up.

Job Thread!

Qanamil on

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    It's been 12 hours since the last Job thread! Quit working so much and post more!

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I post more from work than I do from home.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2016
    Hi, I'm Orthanc and I'm a Jobaholic.

It's been 12 hours since my last job, but now I'm on the straight and narrow.

Long Weekend woo.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hi I'm DaMoonRulz AND I GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF LITTLE PIGGIES GETTING SENT ON A FLIGHT AND IT WAS SOOOO CUTE

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Orthanc wrote: »

Long Weekend woo.

I bet you fall off the wagon by Monday.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I post more from work than I do from home.

If I read the forums at home, then I won't have anything to catch up on at work the next day.

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    The last few times I've tried logging into my computer at home, I've entered in my work password

I've likewise had to catch myself from writing my work address on personal correspondence

Iiiiii neeeeeeed a breeeeeeak

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I work a boring toxic job where I am treated as scum

• OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Orthanc wrote: »

Long Weekend woo.

I bet you fall off the wagon by Monday.

I'm sure I can make it to Tuesday at least, through the miracle of time zones.

orthanc
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Hi I'm DaMoonRulz AND I GOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF LITTLE PIGGIES GETTING SENT ON A FLIGHT AND IT WAS SOOOO CUTE

Pics or it didn't happen!

uh...

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Just had a glowing teacher evaluation. That made me feel good!

Then the head of library services showed up to basically offer me a second job teaching a university grad class on YA books because of how good a job she thought I'd do. Sadly I do not actually have my own master's yet but it is pretty cool that my top boss apparently thinks super highly of my librarian skills that she wanted me to teacher future librarians!

I will definitely consider it once I get my grad stuff done! It pays really well and extra to my full time job.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    It always makes me so happy to see someone thriving at their job. We see so much shit here that it is nice to know the promised land does exist.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Thats wonderful, Tim!

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's my day off! Oh, joyous day!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Some guy had like half a thumb tip left (just a chunk missing not thriugh the bone) after a table saw accident and I'm coming up to him with some medication and he's goes "is that pain medication?" I go "why does it hurt?" He got a good laugh out of it, but comedy can be a risky game in the hospital.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »
    Some guy had like half a thumb tip left (just a chunk missing not thriugh the bone) after a table saw accident and I'm coming up to him with some medication and he's goes "is that pain medication?" I go "why does it hurt?" He got a good laugh out of it, but comedy can be a risky game in the hospital.

Clearly you're well trained in the healing power of laughter.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen!

uh...

12650989_10207449630931822_7765053085309729866_n.jpg?oh=48c7510b24ea922faaf8dcedcea360db&oe=5726F713

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    What a ham.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Don't wanna get out of bed, but got a time card to drop off for job A, need to visit next city for paperwork for job B, start tutoring in job C.

Just spent three hours rolling around in bed, surfing internet.

The worst thing about that ten hour shift is that my coworkers voices are stuck in my brain.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    There is nothing more frustrating in this job than a volunteer who is shit at using the telemetry. Spent ages looking for our cheetah today because this girl kept sending us totally the wrong way.

You just want to grab it off them and do it yourself but you can't, and it slows you down and makes you bad at your job and IT'S NOT EVEN THAT HARD UGHHH

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Of course Monday I'm getting another teacher post-observation report and it is from a notoriously tough department head so I'm sure she's going to tear into me.

In other news, a history teacher and I got a major fix to a district wide research project because, frankly, what it originally wanted was way to complicated for high school students. Our change was approved by the district!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Oh man I forgot today was the last business day of the month, which means company catered lunch.

Beef stir fry, chicken curry, gyoza, light salad with peanut dressing, and green tea ice cream. I do believe this is the best one I've had here, and I super needed the pick-me-up.

There is nothing more frustrating in this job than a volunteer who is shit at using the telemetry. Spent ages looking for our cheetah today because this girl kept sending us totally the wrong way.

You just want to grab it off them and do it yourself but you can't, and it slows you down and makes you bad at your job and IT'S NOT EVEN THAT HARD UGHHH

Like, are we talking send you West when you should be going East kind of stuff?

Big snow storm is coming through this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are supposed to get the brunt of it at thing point.

I hope it is true. I want a snow day or two and I have out of school training Tuesday I don't want to go to. Plus X-Com2 is out Tuesday!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Like, are we talking send you West when you should be going East kind of stuff?

Yeah basically. We spent a while following back signal, which you get aiming the receiver directly away from the target. Like, everyone makes mistakes, but she just kept doing it.

Is she at least new?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

They all arrived three weeks ago.

I should stop ranting about it. Everyone's a bit rubbish at something. It's just irritating when you have to knowingly let someone slow everything down.

Big snow storm is coming through this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are supposed to get the brunt of it at thing point.

I hope it is true. I want a snow day or two and I have out of school training Tuesday I don't want to go to. Plus X-Com2 is out Tuesday!

Uh...Xcom comes out on the 5th, buddy. We still have a whole week to go.

I should stop ranting about it. Everyone's a bit rubbish at something. It's just irritating when you have to knowingly let someone slow everything down.

Training is almost always frustrating like that. Nothing wrong with venting a little. Plus side is, hopefully she'll learn soon, so this is just a little hump to get over, not an insurmountable wall.

Plus your training woes involve cheetahs instead of ticketing systems, so they're still way cooler than mine!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Training is almost always frustrating like that. Nothing wrong with venting a little. Plus side is, hopefully she'll learn soon, so this is just a little hump to get over, not an insurmountable wall.

Plus your training woes involve cheetahs instead of ticketing systems, so they're still way cooler than mine!

And if she never learns it right, eventually she will wander off to get lost in the bush and get eaten by a leopard, so everyone wins.

Well, the leopard wins at least.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    I was just curious about telemetry since that's the kind of word I only encounter in movies.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »

Gonna be a lot of people sick on the 5th.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited January 2016

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Librarian's ghost on

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Just rolled to B job, chit chatted with two leads, one described shitcanning other people to give me full time. How they needed more copies of me.

Then was personally introduced to district manager...need to rethink B job

Trust me, after I read your post I rushed to the Google, praying I was wrong.

Something somewhere told me it was Tuesday. Now I need to find it and destroy it.

I like that it's coming out on a friday, it's more time to binge straight away.

...as much as I can binge while caring for a newborn, anyways.

Something somewhere told me it was Tuesday. Now I need to find it and destroy it.

I get you're disappointed it's not out that day, but there's still other good things that happen on Tuesdays--don't punish the day.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I don't think I have ever been so frustrated as a TA before. I love teaching, but I'm honestly considering quitting my TAships. We've got one professor trying to manage 960 students and 40 TAs, and some 20-30 of us are new, and it's such a fucking clusterfuck that I don't even want to be involved with it.

There's also another bit of drama involving another graduate student screwing me out of some work by sabotaging our mutual work and then lying about me to our completely out-of-touch faculty supervisor (not our PhD supervisors, but our TA supervisor), and part of me wants to go to the supervisor's office and give her a goddamned piece of my mind and another part of me just doesn't want to deal with any of this goddamned office politics at all, especially since the other graduate student has a reputation for being completely toxic and what's the point in trying to clue the professor in if she can't even be bothered to send me an email?

So fucking frustrated right now. I just want to teach some undergrads how to program. Why the fuck can't I just do my job?

hippofant on
This discussion has been closed.