As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Talking [Chat]!?! - HD Remaster

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    So is there a sci fi slant to the division or are you just fighting humans and shit

All humans.

How is that remotely a destiny killer? How can that even be kinda like destiny? How is there any enemy diversity?

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    So wait, OTLC, you took BC and her Boy to a strip club in San Antonio?

That's kind of lame. At least make the 7 hour drive to El Paso for the authentic dancer experience. :bzz:

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I really hate when a shopping site says your item shipped and gives you a tracking link. But the tracking link leads to their own site where they scrape fedex, ups, usps, or whatever and deliver a subpar tracking page that says like, yeah your package probably shipped at some point and will arrive between February 2nd and March 8th.

Then you scour the URL or the page, find the real tracking number, punch it into google, and get way more precise info and an exact delivery date.

Why did you assholes waste time making a bad tracking interface? Just forward me to the courier, their sites are fine.

My money is on a middle manager that doesn't really understand how the site works coming up with a brilliant idea they could implement to "more fully serve" the company's customers

And when that idea makes it to the people that have to implement it they sigh, rub their face for a little bit and build something just functional enough so that Bob McMiddlemanagement fucks off back to his own office

Thinking they can more fully serve the customer by getting them to come back to the site in case they want to impulse buy something else.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kana wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I am going to be honest, and I realize this is a special kind of weird ego moment, but when I realized Khoo showed up to say hi at the fancy dinner, I literally had the instant thought of " I am about to get permabanned from pax. I don't know why..but that has to be it."

This was a fleeting thought dismissed immediately as weird, creepy, and egotistical, but there you go. I have intrusive thoughts about being banned.

Submitted for your amusement

Statistically speaking there's definitely a PAX attendee who fucks little kids

...damnit chu

That sprung to my mind unbidden when thinking of someone being banned from pax for life. Really dreadful to consider but tens of thousands per con- I think 65k at east? Even if you assume quite a few repeats do east and south or whatever, call it at least 100k people

Some are gonna be profoundly deranged

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I wonder in terms of square footage what has more playable area at launch Destiny or The Division

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i think i will take myself to a buffet to celebrate my date failure

or perhaps many wings and a comfy chair

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I have a bad case of the fuck its tonight. About to eat a microwave burrito. Guess I am still down. Bleh.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I am putting a lot of thought into this potential 3DS purchase

I've got print outs and notes strewn across the place, Beautiful Mind style

why must you make my life so difficult, Mario and Luigi...

it's such a good system

it's not like the wii u which I'd never just say is good and leave it at that. I'd be very clear it's for a niche type of gamer that needs some mario and some link, be they platforming racing or playing tennis.

but the 3ds has a shitload of variety and quality.

I'm gonna fondle my 3ds and fantasize for a few now

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Played through all the available single-player content in The Division. The tutorial/base setup mission, the side quests, and the random encounters. Got some nice weapons, all available upgrades. And... it's actually pretty good. My previous dislike for it might get chalked up to the gameplay videos released last week sucking. I'm not sure what changed between then and now. Maybe it was just that whoever was playing blew goats or was playing it on a crap system. Or maybe Ubi tweaked some balancing between then and the beta launch. Graphically it's pretty nice, it still has the flourishes from the E3 reveal, the enemies aren't that bullet sponge-y (bosses notwithstanding), and the game just generally plays well. I didn't encounter any glitches aside from sometimes when going to loot an item the animation will cause looting to stop and you have to loot again. Singleplayer so far feels a lot like Dying Light minus the parkour plus guns honestly, a lot of searching and looting with random enemy encounters. Next up will be going into the Dark Zone but it's too late for that tonight.

The cut areas from the final release and the pricing still stinks though.

Elki

It could be that they weren't getting headshots. I noticed that they don't go down as fast with all bodyshots. I like it; I'm playing on Xbox, and the performance is not at all bad, and it looks good. The Dark Zone is really fun, I need to spend more time there this weekend.

Biggest surprise was that closing car doors while you move in cover was still in. I ended up running around to find more cars just so I could close the doors.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    so far feels a lot like Dying Light minus the parkour plus guns
    wait hang on how is that anything like dying light

cB557 on
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I have a bad case of the fuck its tonight. About to eat a microwave burrito. Guess I am still down. Bleh.

:bro:

*e-hugs for the sads*

• Options
    Speaking of The Division I think this is the best weapon in the beta its the only Orange weapon afaik

142erv7.jpg

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hEKqZz-OY

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I should go on a vision quest.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Get Over It is woefully underappreciated.

the Eagles song?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

when I went on a vision quest I found out that my spirit animal was the mighty burrito

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This Marvel Heroes game is not bad. Its menus need to be reworked for better controller support, and it needs controller prompts in tutorial messages.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I don't see why I would pre order the Division to get into a two day long beta.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

That's kind of lame. At least make the 7 hour drive to El Paso for the authentic dancer experience. :bzz:

nah I'm in Massachusetts yo

He taught my brother how to do tequila shots and also explained stripper tipping to him at PAX South Fancy Dinner, a place that I am not at :(

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    gonna look at marvel heroes again

wish it was in steam

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I wish I could escape somewhere, no people, just an all you can eat streaming music account.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    night beautiful chatterdoodles

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I am going to be honest, and I realize this is a special kind of weird ego moment, but when I realized Khoo showed up to say hi at the fancy dinner, I literally had the instant thought of " I am about to get permabanned from pax. I don't know why..but that has to be it."

This was a fleeting thought dismissed immediately as weird, creepy, and egotistical, but there you go. I have intrusive thoughts about being banned.

I almost warned you because I was worried about your reaction.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I am putting a lot of thought into this potential 3DS purchase

I've got print outs and notes strewn across the place, Beautiful Mind style

why must you make my life so difficult, Mario and Luigi...

it's such a good system

it's not like the wii u which I'd never just say is good and leave it at that. I'd be very clear it's for a niche type of gamer that needs some mario and some link, be they platforming racing or playing tennis.

but the 3ds has a shitload of variety and quality.

I'm gonna fondle my 3ds and fantasize for a few now

The reasons I am looking at one are: Story of Seasons, because Harvest Moon has always been my jam; Bravely Default, since that game looks cool and has gotten praise from peeps whose opinions I trust; and Monster Hunter, since I really dig that series and what it does

I'm sure other stuff will come up but I am big into those things and they seem like they're going to be 3DS-only so I have a decisionin' to make

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Tequila and strippers?

Is...is PAX South happening at the brothel from From Dusk till Dawn?

Gim on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

wish it was in steam

It is.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    so far feels a lot like Dying Light minus the parkour plus guns
    wait hang on how is that anything like dying light

Just the feel of the environment and the enemy encounters, the crafting and modding, the mission progression. Instead of strapping batteries and butane to a sword you're finding kneepads and silencers.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

wish it was in steam

It is it even has steam cards

• Options
    @Blameless Cleric why are the names of other wizard schools in Harry Potter a thing im seeing people freak out about?

• Options

https://youtu.be/-he8aLdB0KA

• Options
    I feel like the Division is going to get a real bum rap from the cut content bullshit and Ubisofts history.

• Options
    I don't see why I would pre order the Division to get into a two day long beta.

It's the dumbest trend. The game is not all that hyped up, and instead of using their 'beta' period for the promotion that it is, they instead use it to guarantee a few sales.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

wish it was in steam

It is.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Also apparently I am 99% in line with Bernie Sanders and 98% in line with Hilary Clinton according to this poll thing

I guess it's a close race to see who secures the ever-important illegal foreign voter vote

• Options
    There are so many menus in The Division though. So many. I kept getting clothing from people when I'd give them food, and I couldn't figure out where it went! It wasn't with all the other (what I thought was) clothing, the knee pads, gloves, holsters etc. Oh no, there's an entirely different clothing menu. Everything has a menu. Menus have menus. Your mods have a menu, and each gun has its own mod menu.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

I like you

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Gamers are fickle creatures.

They'll know that the last 6 times they bought Ubisoft games they were shit and they got shit on.

but this time it'll be different.

This time ... *quiet sobbing*

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Is OTLC's real name "Sex Machine"???

• Options

nah I'm in Massachusetts yo

He taught my brother how to do tequila shots and also explained stripper tipping to him at PAX South Fancy Dinner, a place that I am not at :(

I guess I'm a bit lost on having to be taught how to shoot tequila, unless we're talking about putting the training wheels on, and in that case the "lick, shoot, suck" method is well established and should require little instruction.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

I almost warned you because I was worried about your reaction.

I thought he was a real cool dude. I was excited he came even for a minute. So classy

This discussion has been closed.