As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Talking [Chat]!?! - HD Remaster

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gamers are fickle creatures.

They'll know that the last 6 times they bought Ubisoft games they were shit and they got shit on.

but this time it'll be different.

This time ... *quiet sobbing*

I think that's the exact opposite of fickle

but yeah

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Why does the title card in 80s movie trailers usually vibrate? See it at 1:20 in Thom's video. Are all movies vibrating but you don't notice it without static text to read?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This girl is fucking amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwZkfr4Zjg

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Is OTLC's real name "Sex Machine"???

Hey that's my name too!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    When I was playing The Division with Elki kiddoroar was absolutely in amazement that I could use my microphone on the headset I got for my birthday to talk to my friend while playing games.

He so badly wanted to say hi.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Why does the title card in 80s movie trailers usually vibrate? See it at 1:20 in Thom's video. Are all movies vibrating but you don't notice it without static text to read?

the Warner bros logo does it at the start too

an artifact of analog video maybe?

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

They'll know that the last 6 times they bought Ubisoft games they were shit and they got shit on.

but yeah

why? They keep changing their mind from "there's no way I will ever buy POO-bisoft games again ... wait god no I need this one it looks okay"

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Is OTLC's real name "Sex Machine"???

Hey that's my name too!

This whole place is crawling with Sex Machines!

*starts making holy water*

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    "Blameless Cleric" why are the names of other wizard schools in Harry Potter a thing im seeing people freak out about?

Sometime earlier yesterday or the day before, I think, she let out a bunch of never-before-seen information on Wizarding schools via pottermore. I'm sure you can imagine why this is kind of a huge deal!

Like, now we know that - Africa has the largest wizarding school in the world, Uagadou, which specializes in WANDLESS MAGIC which is SUPER FUCKING COOL and they take students from all over the continent! And there was a bunch of other info too, including new stuff about Beauxbatons and and Durmstrang.

But ofc, the thing you're probably seeing the MOST freaking out about is info she's been teasing forever

The American academy of Magic is... Ilvermorny :D

Apparently it was started by indigenous people which is pretty cool

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    thanks thom and ludious and elki. I actually just went to install it and saw it on that page

but I could swear I checked a month or two back and it wasn't there. is this new?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

but yeah

why? They keep changing their mind from "there's no way I will ever buy POO-bisoft games again ... wait god no I need this one it looks okay"

I can only speak for myself, but it's more Stockholm Syndrome than fickleness.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Thanks BC

• Options
    lol this kdrama has the standard "last episode" recap scene at the beginning of the episode

except the recap scene this time keeps changing the lines. The actress keeps going "wait, no, this isn't right! This isn't what happened!"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Variable wrote: »
    thanks thom and ludious and elki. I actually just went to install it and saw it on that page

but I could swear I checked a month or two back and it wasn't there. is this new?

No. I saw it on Steam before, but didn't install it because they didn't have controller support. I don't know when exactly it got added, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    lol this kdrama has the standard "last episode" recap scene at the beginning of the episode

except the recap scene this time keeps changing the lines. The actress keeps going "wait, no, this isn't right! This isn't what happened!"

what show? I love stuff like that.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

It depends. Sometimes it's a tracking issue from the VCR or VHS cassette itself. In some cases the home video version was done quickly and cheaply, and it results in the title card not matching the the rest of the video.

• Options
    Oh @Elki I didnt know if you knew but if you redo the Madison Square Garden mission in a group its scales the number and difficulty of enemies and if you hit the level cap you can play it on a harder difficulty.

I did it in a full group and got a shit load of green drops.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

No. I saw it on Steam before, but didn't install it because they didn't have controller support. I don't know when exactly it got added, though.

Literally today. They've had it on the test server for the last two months testing it but the patch for it to be live dropped today. And Variable it's been on Steam forever. Over a year and a half at least, and I'm pretty sure it launched on Steam.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

but yeah

yeah like

"this time it will be different" is not a sentiment i relate to being fickle

• Options
    Basically NTSC is terrible. It was brilliant for it's time but it has a lot of hacks that really, really show their age in a modern era. Or honestly the 80's.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    battered wife syndrome

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    It's the gamers who always suffer the most, in silence.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wonder in terms of square footage what has more playable area at launch Destiny or The Division

Destiny is pretty massive, but traversal is much faster than anything in the Division since you can ride around on speeders in most places.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular

but yeah

yeah like

anyone that has ever changed their mind about anything I consider fickle and if I change my mind about that I will be fickle so I can't

• Options
    It's the gamers who always suffer the most, in silence.

eh hrmm yes

silence

• Options
    so this Fitbit heart rate tracking thing is neat but it seems that whatever your heart rate is it 12:01 is what it considers your resting heart rate for the day

which is neat when that number is also your highest heart rate for that day

got to take it with a grain of salt I guess

• Options
    "so calm your fucking tits"

I've seen this from two different people on two totally different videos on Youtube.

Where the fuck did that comment come from? "Calm your tits"? Really?

• Options

but yeah

yeah like

anyone that has ever changed their mind about anything I consider fickle and if I change my mind about that I will be fickle so I can't

Sounds like a fickle pickle.

• Options

I've seen this from two different people on two totally different videos on Youtube.

I first heard it years ago from my friends from Edinburgh so I decided it's Scottish

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Nobody wants tits flying off the handle, making a spectacle of themselves

• Options
    I need to go to sleep

to calm my tits as it were

• Options
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @override367 @firewaterword @Shazkar Shadowstorm

haha hoooooooly shiiiiiiit

i've never had steak like this in my life

i got some 14-day aged ribeye, choice, sous vide at 134 for 90 minutes (normally i prefer closer to medium rare but kenji says ribeye should go a little higher to help render more fat)

it's so juicy it's like a gusher- just a comical burst of moisture with each bite

i put it in the bag with just some salt and sprigs of thyme, then i added some cracked black pepper right before searing, and at the very end of the 2 minute searing period i basted it in some unsalted butter and thyme

it's just ridiculous

even with my CIS preheated at the highest setting on my stove for 10 minutes, i didn't get quite the fierce crust i wanted- but i didn't want to spend any more time on high heat and risk messing up the edge-to-edge pink

if i get deep enough into this i may get one of the blowtorches to solve this (minor) problem

absolutely ridiculously good

• Options

Lily Fever. It's basically just a webseries that is meant as more of a tv pilot than really as its own thing I guess? I wandered across it cuz someone was writing about it in relation to the big gay korean webcomic I post in the webcomics thread.

As a romance it is kind of completely incoherent but it has some pretty good jokes.

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

Literally today. They've had it on the test server for the last two months testing it but the patch for it to be live dropped today. And Variable it's been on Steam forever. Over a year and a half at least, and I'm pretty sure it launched on Steam.

bizarre. maybe I mixed up the name with some other game when I looked last time

or maybe i found it and decided to install for some other reason and immediately forgot. hrm.

well regardless, almost done installing

• Options
    This is a fantastic cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs79I7d1Jfc

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    @desc unknown mortal orchestra on wed? i've been watching these stub hub ticket prices drop and drop, they hit $40 and have started selling. will prob be sold out soon. i don't feel like going on my lonesome tho

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

been around a while

• Options

Lily Fever. It's basically just a webseries that is meant as more of a tv pilot than really as its own thing I guess? I wandered across it cuz someone was writing about it in relation to the big gay korean webcomic I post in the webcomics thread.

As a romance it is kind of completely incoherent but it has some pretty good jokes.

Cool. thanks.

This discussion has been closed.