As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Work sixteen [Job] and what do you get...

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Pro-work tip.

No you aren't special. Yes you have to do the paperwork. Yes it is the same every time. If you spent half as much time doing the paperwork instead of arguing with me about if we need it or not, you could probably get a second job in there.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I think I forgot today was the fourth ....oh shit, I may have screwed up the date of my tutoring session

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    It's the fourth? Damn did I lose a week?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Leap Day has grown greedy. No longer satisfied with a single day every four years, it has taken to stealing days from other months, that February may rule the calendar as the ubermonth.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NijaNija Registered User regular
    The fourth is next Thursday.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    A colleague pointed out a listing for a position similar to what I'm doing now work wise, and paying 50% more than what I currently make. Good heavens.

I'm going to hammer out a cover letter this weekend and hope for the best.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Fourth Friday, client walked in as I was typing.

Great session

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I had a teacher email me. A teacher I've never heard of, asking if a student had actually come to the library yesterday and used a computer. Not giving me a time or block this student was supposed to have arrived, and also he gave me only a first name that is unfamilar.

Also it was sent two hours after teachers went home so even if I wanted to try to deduce who it was I can't since the sign-in sheets are in a drawer of the circ desk.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Was that person really a teacher? That sounds like some really weird info fishing. :?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I work a boring toxic job where I am treated as scum

I hate your job more than I hate liver and onions.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

that sounds delicious

broken image link
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

that sounds delicious

Luby's Buffet, knock yourself out.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

that sounds delicious

Luby?

I want to eat it, not fuck it.

although now that you mention it

broken image link
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I am working this weekend and I am kinda stoked about it.

I can't wait to show y'all the result in a couple months.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

that sounds delicious

There are still Luby's? Holy shit.

For those that don't know about Luby's, consider a Golden Corral, as a shopping mall eatery, with 1/4th the budget, and in the 80's, when a top selling point was that "they're the place where all the chairs have wheels so you can roll around.".

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Went to Safeway after work for beer. 0 people working the registers and a grown man throwing a fit about the wait. Two dudes just walked out with their beer and left money on the counter.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Today we had a meeting where one of the senior engineers was going to tell everybody on the engineering team about some of the cool features of Visual Studio 2015, which we're moving to at some point in the near future

This became an hour long meeting of him explaining that you can construct objects with curly braces instead of parentheses now

To clarify, I'm not an engineer! Oh my god this was boring as shit I just wanted to know if the shader debugging tools in VS2015 are cooooooool

l3icwZV.png
    I was just looking at possible places for us to move to if we decided to not stay here when the lease is up, found a place where in every single picture they lit the joint like it was a nightclub bathroom. Like, hey, you like trendy clubs, right? Why not have that same lighting 24/7 at home?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    The bathroom better have a muffled baseline playing 24/7 when you enter.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    TheStig wrote: »
    Went to Safeway after work for beer. 0 people working the registers and a grown man throwing a fit about the wait. Two dudes just walked out with their beer and left money on the counter.

I've been told a story about this sort of scenario, the store had been broken into and no one knew it.

Everyone lined up for workers that were not there.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    This morning I couldn't get signal for the lioness, but I found tracks so we followed them. For quite a while, before I realised at some point I'd gotten mixed up and was now following leopard tracks. So we said fuck it, let's look for this leopard. But we eventually lost his trail, I think he went down into a river. Then a wheel fell off my car.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Don't you hate it when you really need to pee and as you're approaching the bathroom your body tries to be helpful and get everything primed to go and you have to panic and hurry to get all the clothing out of the way in time?

Man, I hope that's not just me.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I was just looking at possible places for us to move to if we decided to not stay here when the lease is up, found a place where in every single picture they lit the joint like it was a nightclub bathroom. Like, hey, you like trendy clubs, right? Why not have that same lighting 24/7 at home?

Lighting is one of those things that I use to never really consider but there is one room in the house we're at that I can't help it, I get livid over this goddang bullshit lighting and if I wanna replace it there's like 12 damn can lights with chickenshit bulbs that would be mighty expensive to replace

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    This morning I couldn't get signal for the lioness, but I found tracks so we followed them. For quite a while, before I realised at some point I'd gotten mixed up and was now following leopard tracks. So we said fuck it, let's look for this leopard. But we eventually lost his trail, I think he went down into a river. Then a wheel fell off my car.

Same car you had a flat on the other night?

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Nope. Our vehicles share the fun.

I ended up being rescued by the horse safari lodge, who loaned me a landy to get my volunteers home before we all got heatstroke.

I just took their car back. The place was entirely devoid of human life, just dozens of horses standing around everywhere. I think there was a coup.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Farangu wrote: »
    Big snow storm is coming through this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are supposed to get the brunt of it at thing point.

I hope it is true. I want a snow day or two and I have out of school training Tuesday I don't want to go to. Plus X-Com2 is out Tuesday!

Uh...Xcom comes out on the 5th, buddy. We still have a whole week to go.

Gonna be a lot of people sick on the 5th.

Smart people will already start lining this up.

Monday: "I just don't feel right. I'm ok though. Feel a little off. I'm sure its nothing"

Tuesday: "cough cough cough"

Wednesday: "ugggghhhhh I am definitely coming down with something. I keep getting hot flashes and my throat is sore and also I think i have gout"

Thursday: Killing all the aliens

edit:

wait. the 5th is friday.

Al_wat on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I would accept liver and onions if I did not have to go back there

That is a sad truth though as I too dislike liver and onions

At least they were honest enough to leave the money
    I deal with people doing 40 yard dashes with beer at where I work.
    One night a group of kids grabbed two cases and made a dash for the doors.
    While outside their getaway car was waiting an officer curious why it was in front of the store pulls up and asks what he is doing.
    At that moment the kids see the officer talking to the driver one plows right into one of those bollards, cans fly everywhere the other ran back into the store and hid {we had to search for him he hid in one of the displays of shirts}
    We also had to gather up all the cans and clean up the broken ones.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »
    Big snow storm is coming through this Tuesday and Wednesday. We are supposed to get the brunt of it at thing point.

I hope it is true. I want a snow day or two and I have out of school training Tuesday I don't want to go to. Plus X-Com2 is out Tuesday!

Uh...Xcom comes out on the 5th, buddy. We still have a whole week to go.

Gonna be a lot of people sick on the 5th.

Smart people will already start lining this up.

Monday: "I just don't feel right. I'm ok though. Feel a little off. I'm sure its nothing"

Tuesday: "cough cough cough"

Wednesday: "ugggghhhhh I am definitely coming down with something. I keep getting hot flashes and my throat is sore and also I think i have gout"

Thursday: Killing all the aliens

edit:

wait. the 5th is friday.
    Alternately

"Hey, I need Friday off, I have a family thing/medical appointment/tax stuff/etc."

sig.gif
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Well I mean, in reality it totally depends on what kind of PTO structure your job has.

Some jobs you can just schedule a day off like that very easily. Some jobs you can't.

Personally I always feel guilty as hell when I use a sick day, and I hate this about myself but I just can't shake it. I don't know why. I've been brainwashed.

I sadly still use the Corps excuse of sick days you can rest when your dead
    I have gone into work sicker than a dog puking or other gross body functions and put up with it and go home and crash knowing in time I will get better
    But sadly the other excuse it I have tri-care and well it's better if I don't use it

I love liver. Give me all your livers and onions.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

No, I'm pretty sure I need my liver!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

I've been told a story about this sort of scenario, the store had been broken into and no one knew it.

Everyone lined up for workers that were not there.

Yeah, I was going to ask, did you check the freezer in back for a pile of corpses? 'Cause I saw LA Confidential, and that's how that story ends

chromdom on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

At least they were honest enough to leave the money
    I deal with people doing 40 yard dashes with beer at where I work.
    One night a group of kids grabbed two cases and made a dash for the doors.
    While outside their getaway car was waiting an officer curious why it was in front of the store pulls up and asks what he is doing.
    At that moment the kids see the officer talking to the driver one plows right into one of those bollards, cans fly everywhere the other ran back into the store and hid {we had to search for him he hid in one of the displays of shirts}
    We also had to gather up all the cans and clean up the broken ones.

Hah. Those bollards seem great for stopping carts and people I guess. They're totally useless against actual vehicles though. During my stint at Walmart I saw a truck take out a line of them in addition to a customer not five feet from me at the door. A day I have to engage the fight or flight (it is always fight for me) reflex and draw on my first aid knowledge for head wounds is never a good day. There were few carts pushed during that shift, just me creating a barrier so the gormless fuckwit crowd wasn't stomping all over the scene until the ambulance could arrive.

I got recognized for my effort though! A thank-you card from the company and promise of a Walmart shirt. I never did get the shirt.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    @Didgeridoo

Congratulations! :biggrin:

SfKnVW.jpg

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Oh come on.

Just a sliver of liver.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• V1mV1m Registered User regular

Well great

what am i going to do with all these fava beans now?

Thanks.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Was that person really a teacher? That sounds like some really weird info fishing. :?

Yeah it does. I'm going to look into it on Monday. I should be able to tell pretty quickly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.