Sudden outbreak of Exploding Computer
So my PSU just exploded, in the most literal fireworks sense. Quite the light show.
I had just given the CPU a fresh layer of cooling paste, after the CPU cooler got dislodged on the way home from a LAN at the start of the month. I'm guessing the manhandling caused years of accumulated dust and cat hairs in the PSU to dislodge and cause a short circuit, it didn't go boom until 10-15 minutes after booting it up again.
The power supply is obviously dead. How dead can I assume the rest of the hardware is?
Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.