As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well good news. Big game off the backlog. Far Cry 3 is done. I 100% it but didn't get all the achievements, because who looks a uplay achievements anyway? 4 of them were coop map required anyway.

Don't celebrate for me though, because that was a good game. A fun game. A game with very little bugs. My last uplay only game is one that is okay. Kinda fun. Buggy as hell. Yes my friends, I must defeat Assassin's Creed 3. Pray for me.

camo_sig.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Getting back into Underrail, and I'm getting more of a feel for its quirks. Fallout is the obvious gameplay influence, but I think stylistically it's closer to the earlier Ultima games, or the more recent Eschalon series. There's no world map to speak of, every place is connected by tunnels and caves you have to directly pass through; you're not really gated off from random exploration, it's just very unwise unless you're well prepared. Individual critters are manageable, but packs of them are exponentially more dangerous - gaining new abilities or providing group buffs - so you're encouraged to fight smart. The game makes a big deal out of traps, and even throwing down some improvised caltrops can turn a dangerous encounter in your favor.

More interesting is that the default leveling system depends on finding rare items and completing quests more than killing enemies. Some critters drop these items, but for the most part you're not really required to kill every standing foe. Good level design helps make more evasive gameplay plausible; if you're careful, you can see enemies before they see you and generally find a way around them. You can switch it to more traditional kill-based xp, but I've been finding items at a steady clip, and the few roadblocks I've hit felt more like being underequipped instead of underleveled.

Inventory is kinda messy, since it uses a pretty deep crafting system and you'll sort through a lot of clutter to get a feel for the actually useful stuff. You can craft all manner of high end gear with enough skill investment; out of curiosity I'm doing a no-crafting run to see how shop inventory and found equipment holds up. Shops in particular are stingy, and not every vendor buys every item, or infinite quantities of said item. Stranger still is that the various currencies don't have base values of 1, meaning an item that costs 95 will take, say, 10 station credits at 10 apiece (spending 100 and taking a loss of 5). You kind of have to un-learn traditional RPG pack rat behavior - viewing items in terms of "can I use this" or "can I sell this" rather than just blindly grabbing everything - and it definitely takes some getting used to.

All told, I can see all this stuff repelling a lot of people, but it's somehow working for me. It comes off as a lot of preparation, exploration, and dialogue spacing out relatively short combat sequences. Fights don't drag much, they're generally over quickly one way or another. Ammo and healing items have been fair but not too generous, and exploration has paid off even if I can't haul back everything I find. The plot doesn't have a starting event per se, just you joining a station and doing grunt work, but there's a reasonable sense of place and decent worldbuilding. Of all things, it reminds me a bit of Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, where society has been underground so long that nobody talks about or seems to remember a time when humanity lived topside.

I got cornered by a pair of psychic beetles, which gain extra offensive powers in groups (even one is pretty dangerous), and barely scraped by. A bear trap pinned one down and I hobbled the other with a well-placed shot. This gave me time to fade into the shadows, and sneak close enough to drop a grenade on the both of them. After patching myself up I harvested the mindshrooms they were guarding - I knew those would sell to the eggheads back home. Taking the credits from medsci, I strolled down to the armory and cheered: I finally had just enough for a slightly better pistol and armor.

It's that kind of game. And it feels goooooooooood.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Just beat Space Channel 5: Part 2, aka "Simon Says, the funky version" which is one of the...weirdest games I've played in a while.

Doubly so because I forgot to change the voice acting from Japanese to English, so I'm still not 100% on what happened.

Some robots were making people dance and you battle them by doing simon says while dancing funkily yourself, which frees them and then they join you as backup dancers. Also Michael Jackson is in it, playing Space Michael Jackson, and he doesn't have a Japanese voice, so he speaks in English too. Which was strange and surreal.

But the strangest thing? @Pixelated Pixie doesn't own it when the main character looks like this:
    ulala_become_more_and_more_popular_by_lehdya-d59xh1d.png

You made me doubt my memory, so I double-checked.

VmhhZbi.png

Yep, safe! I already have it.

:D
    and now I probably need to go install it...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    signature.png

One more reminder before it ends tomorrow at noon PST. Adventure Team restricted.

Sorry, went to see Star Wars again and just got back. Congratulations to @Drascin

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Finished Invisible, Inc. with Contingency Plan and then jumped into Dishonored. I really like the look of this but holy shit I am bad at this stealth. I'm through the first mission (prison escape and sewer sneaking), and I'm honestly surprised at how many coins I missed. Also, I like to go non-lethal when I can. Is this the sort of game where I should be trying to avoid enemies or are there enough sleep bolts / money to buy more around that I can just make everybody take a nap?

camo_sig2.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised at how many coins I missed.

Prepare to feel this way at the end of every level. Even when I've meticulously scoured a stage, used wallhack-eyes, found the paintings, etc., I'd still arrive at the stats screen missing like 500 coins. Some people say these coins, too, bear the Outsider's mark, and no man can tame them.

As for non-lethal, I usually choked people out and used darts as a backup, and always had enough to buy whatever schematics came up. You probably won't be buying ammo other than sleep darts, which you can also find sometimes, so you'll probably be okay if you don't go through them like water. And unless you're going for the achievement in particular, I wouldn't stress about no kills—just play what happens (it helps that the final level is way cooler in high chaos).
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Games I just loved over the past few years were: The Walking Dead (Telltale)

Psst. Life is Strange is on sale at Humble.

Carrying on in the same genre, Telltale's Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands are highly regarded.

s7Imn5J.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    @MNC Dover banner saga
    Houn wrote: »
    @MNC Dover

Just come in here and ask for whatever wacky combination of games you really would like to see and someone will recommend it to you.

Survival Sim with a heaping dose of Tim Burton?

Robot Ninjas with super powers?

Best Murdersim? Best Stealthsim? In the same game????

First Person PC version of Double Dragon?

Lovechild of Monster Hunter and Contra?

Best World War 2 strategy game? and the one for Grocknards?

edit: Best Zombie games that remake the idea of a zombie game and succeed
    verses
    Best Zombie games that visit the tried and true tropes of zombie games and do it well.

I have no idea what games these descriptions are referencing. Huh!

Don't starve

Warframe

Mark of the ninja

Zeno Clash (#2 has co-op)

Mercenary kings

Company of heroes 1 (I have no idea what for the second)

State of Decay

Left 4 Dead

RoyceSraphim on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    Which forumer was it that was talking about how as a kid they wished that one day they would have more games to play than they had time to play them, and that their childhood dream had become their adult nightmare?

That was me.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Figure most of you already have these, but for those who don't, have at 'em!

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition, Sid Meier's Civilization V, Sid Meier's Starships
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Soldier Pack, XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Slingshot Pack, and XCOM: Enemy Within

FHL3J-BZWCC-GT0XF

X-COM: Complete Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Nations Map Pack, Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
    and Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings

QJ3TV-V6KXN-FFGYI

Edit: Yeah, that didn't work. I have one code for both above bundles. PM if you want it.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Finished Invisible, Inc. with Contingency Plan and then jumped into Dishonored. I really like the look of this but holy shit I am bad at this stealth. I'm through the first mission (prison escape and sewer sneaking), and I'm honestly surprised at how many coins I missed. Also, I like to go non-lethal when I can. Is this the sort of game where I should be trying to avoid enemies or are there enough sleep bolts / money to buy more around that I can just make everybody take a nap?

I haven't gotten very far, but there is plenty of cash around. Even if you can't carry many bolts.

The real key is to avoid people when you can, choke 'em unconscious when you can't, and save the darts for those times you fuck up (or are ambushed).

For a game which can encourage stealth, it isn't really built for it. Kind if like Mirror's Edge in that regard.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Well good news. Big game off the backlog. Far Cry 3 is done. I 100% it but didn't get all the achievements, because who looks a uplay achievements anyway? 4 of them were coop map required anyway.

Don't celebrate for me though, because that was a good game. A fun game. A game with very little bugs. My last uplay only game is one that is okay. Kinda fun. Buggy as hell. Yes my friends, I must defeat Assassin's Creed 3. Pray for me.

Nice. I hate uplay though. I'd love to keep playing through blacklist though. I might just end up getting it for 360 to avoid uplay though.

Steam: offday
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

A downside to trying to go non-lethal in Dishonored is that the bone charm that speeds up the speed of choking out someone is randomly generated and may not appear in your game at all. It makes a huge, huge difference since choking people out is going to be the normal method of non-lethal takedown. Sleep darts have limited ammo capacity (Quiver size upgrades only affect normal bolts) and you have no non-lethal attacks besides sleep bolts and choking. You sometimes can blink behind an enemy attacking you and turn around to choke them from behind as long as you don't wind up in the middle of a pack.

That said, being non-lethal and thoroughly exploring are often at odds with each other. Going into more areas means having to deal with more guards and even if you take care to try to avoid killing them, you sometimes lose one due to a rat swarm finding where you were dumping sleeping guards or a tranquilized guard falling over into the water and the like. I've also seen one trip on an incline and die from falling 2 feet onto the slope of the roof.

Note that the game is fairly generous in regards to how many enemies you can kill while still achieving a low chaos rating. As long as you're being non-lethal most of the time and using the non-lethal option to remove targets, the game won't label you a mass murderer for killing a few guards that detect you in a level or that you couldn't figure out a way to remove non-lethally.

The high chaos last level is a lot better than the low chaos one though.

I haven't gotten very far, but there is plenty of cash around. Even if you can't carry many bolts.

The real key is to avoid people when you can, choke 'em unconscious when you can't, and save the darts for those times you fuck up (or are ambushed).

For a game which can encourage stealth, it isn't really built for it. Kind if like Mirror's Edge in that regard.

It's built pretty well for stealth since you have a ton of vertical space and alternate routes you can use, eg Berylline's stream revealed an escape route for one mission I never thought of that she happened upon while panicked. Plus blink and especially upgraded blink lets you quickly get behind guards even on flat surfaces.

But it breaks down if you try to combine being stealthy with exploring every nook and cranny while being non-lethal. You get a ton of tools for being a rat bastard like a power that makes dead bodies vanish, all sorts of explosives, ways of setting traps, etc. but only a few for ghosting a level.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Just beat Space Channel 5: Part 2, aka "Simon Says, the funky version" which is one of the...weirdest games I've played in a while.

Doubly so because I forgot to change the voice acting from Japanese to English, so I'm still not 100% on what happened.

Some robots were making people dance and you battle them by doing simon says while dancing funkily yourself, which frees them and then they join you as backup dancers. Also Michael Jackson is in it, playing Space Michael Jackson, and he doesn't have a Japanese voice, so he speaks in English too. Which was strange and surreal.

But the strangest thing? @Pixelated Pixie doesn't own it when the main character looks like this:
    ulala_become_more_and_more_popular_by_lehdya-d59xh1d.png

You made me doubt my memory, so I double-checked.

VmhhZbi.png

Yep, safe! I already have it.

:D
    and now I probably need to go install it...

Oh, weird. I guess people only show up on the list of "friends who have game" thing if they've actually played it.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That makes sense. Part of what I don't like is it's a FPS and I have no real way of knowing how well I'm hidden.

I had to keep reloading the prison escape just because I had no spatial awareness and kept triggering guards. And I think I lost out on getting the total stealth for a level achievement during the rescue because those ghoul shitstains saw me. As if that makes sense. It's got style, and I enjoy it overall. But I haven't had the opportunity to just play it sine Sept or Oct.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Grr. Why DLC gotta be so 'spensive.

:(

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Aegeri wrote: »
    So a while ago, @JaysonFour gifted me a copy of PacMan Championship Edition DX and while I've not had time to play it, I have been meaning to return the gift. Like an elephant I have an extremely long memory, but the problem is, I have literally no idea what has happened to him. I've deliberately been reading this thread a while to try and see if he's around in here, but he hasn't logged into steam in a long time.

I would really appreciate it if someone here can tell me what has happened to him or if he's using a new account or something. I might not respond to kindness quickly, but I do have a very long memory.

Edit: All of his online activity, like achievements and such, just seems to stop towards the end of 2015.

Or 2014, even. Which is worse.

A few groups of us started playing TERA from the start in 2014, and he was the healer in my group. Sure enough, one day he just... stopped showing up. And disappeared from the forums. Never saw or heard from him again.

Sure enough, Steam says he was last online 409 days ago. (He's still on everyone's friend lists.)

None of us knows what happened, or even if anything happened... although I think the latter is a safe assumption. Sadly, all we've really got is that he was from Michigan, and it's possible although far from definite, that his name was Jayson.

This got me wondering last year how any of us would know if anything happened to anyone else. There's a handful of people here who know each other outside of the forums and/or Steam, but for the most part, it's entirely possible that should one of us drop off the face of the Earth... we'd have no way of finding out what happened. Unless we were contacted by the police, which has of course been known to happen in some cases where someone's had a known online hangout and foul play or something has gone down.

But no... I don't think anyone knows what happened to @JaysonFour. And that makes me sad.

Jazz on
    Everyone should play the Daud DLC because Michael Madsen is funny and Daud plays fundamentally different from Corvo in terms of blink.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

Remember that stealth in Dishonored is based on Line of sight so hiding in a shadow but with nothing in front of you isn't going to do anything unlike other stealth games. Learn to abuse Dark Vision like there is no tomorrow--naturally you must meet the Outsider first. Some skills recharge your used "mana" if you wait briefly and don't cast something else in the meantime. Also you can blink while carrying bodies so it makes it really useful if you need to bring an unconscious person back to a nice hidey hole.

As SoundsPlush said, don't worry too much about collecting all the coins unless you're going for the achievement. You'll find plenty of loot and if you're able to choke out most guards you won't need that much in way of supplies anyways. It'll let you save up for those sweet upgrades.

As Steel Angel said, don't be afraid to kill if you have to. As long as you aren't going on murder sprees, you'll keep your Chaos low. I didn't get the sped up Choke hold bone charm till waaaay late in the game but since I usually played right it didn't affect me too much. It became laughably easy when I did get it though.

Finally, as Royce said, if you love Dishonored you should play the Daud DLC (Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches) for the right twist of different yet more of the same. It also runs a parallel plot to the main story so it isn't just fluff.

Karoz on
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    So a while ago, @JaysonFour gifted me a copy of PacMan Championship Edition DX and while I've not had time to play it, I have been meaning to return the gift. Like an elephant I have an extremely long memory, but the problem is, I have literally no idea what has happened to him. I've deliberately been reading this thread a while to try and see if he's around in here, but he hasn't logged into steam in a long time.

I would really appreciate it if someone here can tell me what has happened to him or if he's using a new account or something. I might not respond to kindness quickly, but I do have a very long memory.

Edit: All of his online activity, like achievements and such, just seems to stop towards the end of 2015.

A few groups of us started playing TERA from the start in 2014, and he was the healer in my group. Sure enough, one day he just... stopped showing up. And disappeared from the forums. Never saw or heard from him again.

Sure enough, Steam says he was last online 409 days ago. (He's still on everyone's friend lists.)

None of us knows what happened, or even if anything happened... although I think the latter is a safe assumption. Sadly, all we've really got is that he was from Michigan, and it's possible although far from definite, that his name was Jayson.

This got me wondering last year how any of us would know if anything happened to anyone else. There's a handful of people here who know each other outside of the forums and/or Steam, but for the most part, it's entirely possible that should one of us drop off the face of the Earth... we'd have no way of finding out what happened. Unless we were contacted by the police, which has of course been known to happen in some cases where someone's had a known online hangout and foul play or something has gone down.

But no... I don't think anyone knows what happened to @JaysonFour. And that makes me sad.

I keep meening to get a will. I want to put in the will all my online things, and say post here. That way people at least know.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

I do recall one or two instances in the past where a friend or family member of a forum poster has registered on the forums to let us know that a forumer has passed away...but I imagine that to be the exception rather than a rule. It's far more likely, like you said, that we'd never have any way of knowing what happened to a person if they just stopped posting.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    That makes sense. Part of what I don't like is it's a FPS and I have no real way of knowing how well I'm hidden.

I had to keep reloading the prison escape just because I had no spatial awareness and kept triggering guards. And I think I lost out on getting the total stealth for a level achievement during the rescue because those ghoul shitstains saw me. As if that makes sense. It's got style, and I enjoy it overall. But I haven't had the opportunity to just play it sine Sept or Oct.

The prison escape is almost always messier than other missions because you don't have any abilities yet so you don't have access to vertical space or the speed you have most of the game.

Most missions let you easily avoid guards by using lampposts and rooftops as travel routes and guards not on alert never look up.

And Dark Vision is really powerful for learning what's nearby that you have to avoid or sneak up on. Weepers don't have the same kind of patrol patterns guards have but can be knocked out all the same.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    If you've got a significant other or someone that you really trust, include these details in what you want to happen if you die suddenly right along funeral music and organ donations. My wife knows what forums and chat rooms I frequent and I know hers. I've just gotta make sure I hand off my master password for my password manager before I shuffle off...

Wife: "Oh honey, I love you so, so much"
    Me: "There's just one, final thing *cough cough hack* that I need to, tell you"
    Wife: "Yes, yes?"
    Me: "Come closer"
    Wife *leans in*
    Me: "Romeo, alpha, delta, delta, ampersand, pound sign, hash, hash, upper case tango..."
    Obviously not my real master password :P

In much more uplifting and life-affirming news, I 100%'d Squarecells last night! All 36 boards finished perfectly without fault (board reset upon mistake). What a bloody great puzzle experience. I can't weight my brain at the moment but I think it's about 2% heavier from all the new neuron connections made. Thank you once again for the gift @akajaybay it really scratched the itch.

Bring on Squarecells Plus!

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I guess Jonathan Blow did something to offend a certain segment of the gaming community, because while The Witness is currently listed as having "Very Positive" reviews, all the reviews currently marked "Most Helpful" at the bottom are negative ones. I wonder if there's a way for Steam to negate the effect of obvious campaigns like this?

Internet hype is like the freaking force, with everyone slipping to the dark side at the drop of a hat.

I didn't care about the witness until I see how hard he rolled with one of those environmental puzzles.

There used to be a review of rebuild 3 in steam that was a nice critique but then veered off into a manifesto against early access.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I don't get it. To me the game is awesome. Anyone saying it is bland or pretentious either hasn't played it enough, plays literally only puzzle games so finds this boring, or just doesn't like maze puzzles. I think The Witness is better than Braid. That could be because I just didn't like Braid very much though.

I think people are mad because it's $40 and only maze puzzles with different rule sets. Which I mean I get it, but theres nothing in the advertising that suggests otherwise.

KoopahTroopah on
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I do recall one or two instances in the past where a friend or family member of a forum poster has registered on the forums to let us know that a forumer has passed away...but I imagine that to be the exception rather than a rule. It's far more likely, like you said, that we'd never have any way of knowing what happened to a person if they just stopped posting.

Yeah, I've worried about stuff like this in the past, where a friend on a forum or a game or something will just stop showing up one day for no apparent reason. It always felt kind of selfish, hoping some friend or relative would post something to let people know; hell, they might have no idea what they do online. But I think that's normal. Even through the internet, you get to know people and trust them, sometimes as well as anybody you've met face to face. There's always that distance, and things that remind us of it, but that doesn't stop people from caring about the person on the other end.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Remember that stealth in Dishonored is based on Line of sight so hiding in a shadow but with nothing in front of you isn't going to do anything unlike other stealth games. Learn to abuse Dark Vision like there is no tomorrow--naturally you must meet the Outsider first. Some skills recharge your used "mana" if you wait briefly and don't cast something else in the meantime. Also you can blink while carrying bodies so it makes it really useful if you need to bring an unconscious person back to a nice hidey hole.

As SoundsPlush said, don't worry too much about collecting all the coins unless you're going for the achievement. You'll find plenty of loot and if you're able to choke out most guards you won't need that much in way of supplies anyways. It'll let you save up for those sweet upgrades.

As Steel Angel said, don't be afraid to kill if you have to. As long as you aren't going on murder sprees, you'll keep your Chaos low. I didn't get the sped up Choke hold bone charm till waaaay late in the game but since I usually played right it didn't affect me too much. It became laughably easy when I did get it though.

Finally, as Royce said, if you love Dishonored you should play the Daud DLC (Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches) for the right twist of different yet more of the same. It also runs a parallel plot to the main story so it isn't just fluff.

Definitely not going for any special achievements - I just like money. Good tip about the stealth, too, as I have found that despite the tutorial saying otherwise you can totally be seen while leaning. And while I do prefer nn-lethal I am seldom good or patient enough to pull it off.

camo_sig2.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    There is a group of dedicated warriors (aka nitwits) who have decided everything that isn't shooting or stabbing other people "Is not a game", so relentlessly try to downvote any of the bigger indies that tend to produce such things.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Are we doing this again? I feel like I missed out last time. And I probably shouldn't play this game.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I really don't care about graphics in games, but damn, I'd forgotten how good Valkyria Chronicles' art style looked.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh hoo boy. I had no idea JUST how not good the PC port of Final Fantasy Type-0 was.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, my password manager has a dead man switch type thing that will give my passwords to people I designate upon procurement of a death certificate.

Bit morbid, but you know. Stuff happens.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Yeah, my password manager has a dead man switch type thing that will give my passwords to people I designate upon procurement of a death certificate.

Bit morbid, but you know. Stuff happens.

"If you're watching this, then by now I must be dead" sorta thing?

steam_sig.png
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    My computer started crashing while browsing.

I'm afraid playing games may inspire to take on sentience and attempt to murder me at this point.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Oh hoo boy. I had no idea JUST how not good the PC port of Final Fantasy Type-0 was.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. But there's some settings you can tweak outside the game to make it more bearable.

But otherwise, it's not a deal breaker. This was a PSP game afterall...

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie - you weren't kidding about the fancy hair effects in RotTR. Not only are they awesome, I think they cause far less of a relative performance hit than they did in TR2013, and even on Very High rather than just On. I'm still leaving them off for the most part, but yeah. They're super great. But the game is ludicrously pretty either way.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Hmm. Haven't really thought about the forum thing, but forums I care about are basically down to two (or the people I'd want to know are on Facebook or something).

I'll probably just write a list and put my master password in my safety deposit box.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Did anyone that played through Wolf Among Us have issues with Xbox controllers not working for it? That's a 'lean back and relax' kind of game for me and having to use a keyboard seems less than ideal.

Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Did anyone that played through Wolf Among Us have issues with Xbox controllers not working for it? That's a 'lean back and relax' kind of game for me and having to use a keyboard seems less than ideal.

Works fine. Might want to avoid In-House streaming through, I had graphical issues with it and a quick Google says they're still unresolved.

Issues in a fun, 4th-wall-breaking way though. Characters in a cut scene would sometimes keep walking when they should've stopped. It doesn't softlock the game but it's pretty funny to have the camera pan to the stationary character in the conversation and see the other person walking into a wall behind them and carrying on like nothing is a-miss.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.