As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Mini Metro

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Mini Metro

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Mini Metro. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Modred189Modred189 Registered User regular
    Man, you had me at about the 1:20 mark. I realize that this is a game for only a subset of the population, but I have roots that run back through Darwinia, and anchor me fully to that demographic.
    BOUGHT.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    All hands up for the people who were yelling at their screen, "The blue line is all circles! THE BLUE LINE IS ALL CIRCLES!"

I wonder if Jerry just didn't have the heart to tell him.

• Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    Haha, that's exactly it, @Dennis, a big circle jerk...kind of a weird model since it's exactly like they said, it doesn't matter which circle you go to as long as it's a circle, but yeah given that they needed way more centralization on the square and star...

Okay now I can't live without this game. Dammit!

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    metroidkillah was warned for this.
    Look at that, Mike was able to voice a negative opinion without coming across like a complete dick. And as dickish as that observation no doubt sounds, I really do appreciate that. I don't like to think that one of my favorite internet personalities is an aggressive, unremorseful asshole.

Also, this looks like a game I need to keep an eye on. Maybe if is shows up in a Humble Bundle or something.

EDIT - Also-also, to answer Mike question about any "fail state", I have a feeling he game is very much like Tetris. You can't win, exactly, but you can definitely lose.

metroidkillah on
    I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mini metro's super good

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    A reminder that the rules of the forum are not somehow suspended just because you're talking about Mike and Jerry. The edict is still in effect.

• Options
    WhelmedWhelmed Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I have never had to play a game this badly after only 2 minutes of seeing it.

Whelmed on
  • Options
    ArdackPrimeArdackPrime Registered User new member
    This was at PAX East 2015. One of the most engaging and addictive games I saw on the floor.

• Options
    I do feel that the dragging of lines to reconfigure them could use some work. Even having it paused and doing it can result in much cursing. Either I'm just bad at it or it's not a good UI. Or both.

• Options
    angryroosterangryrooster Registered User regular
    This is supposedly coming to Android this year... which seems like a killer platform for it. I will likely purchase when this happens.

• Options
    RigamarawRigamaraw Registered User regular
    This seems very much like a Jerry game, so Mike playing it is akin to someone hate-watching a show. How are people getting 8k-15k passengers in every level? I can't get past ~1.6k, and it's infuriating!

• Options
    This is supposedly coming to Android this year... which seems like a killer platform for it. I will likely purchase when this happens.

Not sure about that. I found it even a bit fiddly trying to grab the specific points it wants you to grab with the precision of a mouse. They'll have to really improve that bit.

I enjoyed my couple of plays of the first level, but I haven't had a huge desire to go back and keep playing it. I think part of that is just how long it seems to take to knock out even the first level.

On the other hand, Sunless Sea had its hooks into me in the first five minutes and won't let go. Talk about a game that Jerry would love and Mike would hate.