As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Raid the Tombs for [steam]!

• QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Yessssss. YEEEESSSSS. 46 hours later i can put this in its new category.
    That last chapter was the worst part of the game. Enemies that give you more trouble than the bosses? Fuuuuuck that. But damn the ending of the story was glorious.

s0gufr3gm0gw.png

Go me!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Congrats Quical.

Paging @ReverseCreations, the target is still standing.

• f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Someone remind me what Portal 2 achievement we're talking about?

steam_sig.png
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    What's a Jaypalf?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    f3rret wrote: »

I believe we're referencing The Part Where He Kills You.
    At this point in the game, you're flown through the air into a platform in the middle of the room surrounded by spikes. Glados goes "Oh no, this is the part where he kills us." Screen text pops up *Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You*. Wheatley says "Hello, this is the part where I kill you". And you get the achievement called "The Part Where He Kills You: This is that part".

Portal 2 is a masterpiece. Such a good game.

KoopahTroopah on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Achievement Hunting has always been pretty fun for me, primarily in TF2 and the various shades of Isaac. But the achievements that are literally just "completed x storyline" are pretty lame, especially when they're like, core story quests you HAVE to do to finish the game.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Did Fallout just update?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    The game is crazy fun and fantastic looking, making progress is tough with so many collectables and tombs to explore.

Also Cougars give me Red Redemption Redemption flashbacks, that roar gives me heart attacks.

D083uBC.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Last night our daughter was having some sort of ravenous feeding spree. She got us up every two hours or so to demand food. Once fed, she'd still fuss before going to sleep for an hour or so. The wife and I are super drained, but the kiddo is finally asleep (draped across my arms as I type this). In order to keep sanity, I told my wife to go back to sleep and I'll hold down the fort. It goes without saying, I'm super fucking drained.

Then I open my email to find this:

ajbewm1qi55d.png

I should have joined the Steam thread a long, long time ago. Thanks to @LoveIsUnity for helping me get out of this sleepy-haze funk with a smile.

Oh, yeah....uh...*ahem*....

"Boy I really want a million dollars." I hope no one saw that. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Achievement Hunting has always been pretty fun for me, primarily in TF2 and the various shades of Isaac. But the achievements that are literally just "completed x storyline" are pretty lame, especially when they're like, core story quests you HAVE to do to finish the game.

I give you Civ V:
    http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements/

Have fun with that. . .

Edit:
    And how are these not near 100%?
    76.9%
    Treasure Hunter
    Discover an ancient ruin.

73.6%
    Moving on Up
    Earn a Unit Promotion.

71.6%
    Second City
    Found a second city.

67.4%
    It's Super Effective
    Destroy an enemy unit in just one hit.

67.2%
    Peace and Prosperity
    Begin a Golden Age.

66.8%
    Engineer
    Build a Wonder.
    That is some basic stuff to civ games.

Edit 2:
    Can someone post or point me to that post about tomb raider? I have

Tomb Raider I
    Tomb Raider: Anniversary
    Tomb Raider: Legend

I'm curious what order I should play?

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    Shimshai wrote: »
    What's a Jaypalf?

Jaypalf is my fianceé. I have a category for 'her games' so she can easily find them. Stuff like baldurs gate, and pillars of eternity.

Quical wrote: »
    What's a Jaypalf?

Jaypalf is my fianceé. I have a category for 'her games' so she can easily find them. Stuff like baldurs gate, and pillars of eternity.

1: how do you pronounce that?

2: is that her real name?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • HounHoun Registered User regular

At this point in the game, you're flown through the air into a platform in the middle of the room surrounded by spikes. Glados goes "Oh no, this is the part where he kills us." Screen text pops up *Chapter 9: The Part Where He Kills You*. Wheatley says "Hello, this is the part where I kill you". And you get the achievement called "The Part Where He Kills You: This is that part".

For those looking to relive the magic:
    If you didn't play Portal 2, you're a terrible person, leave now, and don't come back until you've corrected your biggest life mistake.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular

I thought it was referencing
    the ending, the portal fired on the surface of the moon, and the achievement "Lunacy: That just happened."

But they're both brilliant ones. Great game.

DyasAlure wrote: »
    Edit 2:

Tomb Raider I

This post?

MuddBudd wrote: »
    Did Fallout just update?

Yup, patch 1.3 I think.

steam_sig.png
    Did Fallout just update?

Yup, patch 1.3 I think.

"Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly"

Glad to see they're on top of the important stuff.

Jazz wrote: »
    Edit 2:

Tomb Raider I

This post?

Yes, so I play legend, than anniversary.. I guess I'm still missing a lot of tombs to raid. I'm not sure I want to go all the way back to the orginal 5 anymore though.

Did Fallout just update?

Yup, patch 1.3 I think.

I hate it when I incorrectly dismember people. All that reading of the Massachusets Surgical Journal, too...
    Since I roll with Codsworth, it's dismemberments everywhere.

steam_sig.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

I give you Civ V:

Have fun with that. . .

Yeahnah. I'm at like 16% for Civ V, not really interested in going much further in it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Did Fallout just update?

Yup, patch 1.3 I think.

I hate it when I incorrectly dismember people. All that reading of the Massachusets Surgical Journal, too...
    Since I roll with Codsworth, it's dismemberments everywhere.

"Get back here! I've got a buzzsaw with your name on it!"

I <3 Codsworth...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?

I give you Civ V:

Have fun with that. . .

Yeahnah. I'm at like 16% for Civ V, not really interested in going much further in it.

Hey, you said you wanted to hunt. . .just saying. I'm at 38% so come on, you can do better than that!

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Speaking of FO4, I finally finished it. I may go back and try to get all the achievements, i think the bobblehead one would be the one that would be difficult.

steam_sig.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

If you didn't play Portal 2, you're a terrible person, leave now, and don't come back until you've corrected your biggest life mistake.

I am really bad at spatial reasoning stuff, so I didn't finish it.

steam_sig.png
    So on the old Tomb Raider (don't think my computer can play fancy hair physics). Legends holds up great. Yes, it is odler graphics, but the movement wasn't that hard to catch on. I did pretty good right up front.

As for that, wasn't there a complaint that TR 2013 added killing on humans? Legends has it? I don't know lore well.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So on the old Tomb Raider (don't think my computer can play fancy hair physics). Legends holds up great. Yes, it is odler graphics, but the movement wasn't that hard to catch on. I did pretty good right up front.

As for that, wasn't there a complaint that TR 2013 added killing on humans? Legends has it? I don't know lore well.

In 2013 you kill a LOT of people, basically. The story portrays Lara as a terrified young girl who can barely keep it together but juxaposes that with gameplay that has you stabbing dudes with arrows or tearing their throats out with a climbing axe. Cutscene Lara doesn't catch up to Gameplay Lara in attitude until way later in the game.

Legend has you killing dudes, but way fewer and by that time in the (admittedly shaky) chronology Lara is already an established killer.

What's a Jaypalf?

"jay-pal-fff"

And no just the name she uses for gamez and twitter. Her real name is Jemima (or Jay for short). #fiancee #videogames

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So either her sibling or your sibling needs to bam out a kid post haste so she becomes Aunt Jemima. #waffles

What's a Jaypalf?

"jay-pal-fff"

And no just the name she uses for gamez and twitter. Her real name is Jemima (or Jay for short). #fiancee #videogames

Wife game name: Kyl3333

She wasn't very original. Although her xbox name was funny. SquiffyDisc

• ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I forget PAX South is a thing. I keep thinking it's in Australia, but it's actually like an hour from where I work. I should go one of these years.

And this is why tickets are plentiful because everyone else forgets too. I'll be trying to head down there next time.

Yeah they had plenty of Friday and Sunday badges left. You guys should try to make it next year! Now I have a 5 hour flight back to Jersey. It's like 75 in TX now, it will be 36 when I land :/

From "too hot" to "just right"!
    Cold weather best weather.

I don't think you could convince me to go to Texas for anything these days short of family, even though San Antonio is pretty nice.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

In 2013 you kill a LOT of people, basically. The story portrays Lara as a terrified young girl who can barely keep it together but juxaposes that with gameplay that has you stabbing dudes with arrows or tearing their throats out with a climbing axe. Cutscene Lara doesn't catch up to Gameplay Lara in attitude until way later in the game.

Legend has you killing dudes, but way fewer and by that time in the (admittedly shaky) chronology Lara is already an established killer.

I remember seeing a webcomic that had Lara doing a "Bloo bloo bloo bloo" crying thing in every single panel. Only in those panels she was being a bloodthirsty psychopath and killing/destroying everything in her path.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Welp it looks like high chaos is my preferred playstyle. I thought I was fairly low - choking dudes when I could, putting them to sleep when I could, only getting into open combat when I fucked the stealth up hard, but after one mission I've got a high chaos rating.

I did get all of the bone charms and runes in the first level though. And I'm not certain I'll be able to finish this - the first mission took me 2 hours or so, and I'm all stressed out over here.

camo_sig2.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Welp it looks like high chaos is my preferred playstyle. I thought I was fairly low - choking dudes when I could, putting them to sleep when I could, only getting into open combat when I fucked the stealth up hard, but after one mission I've got a high chaos rating.

I did get all of the bone charms and runes in the first level though. And I'm not certain I'll be able to finish this - the first mission took me 2 hours or so, and I'm all stressed out over here.

The chaos rating is an overall rating, not just for that level. Right now it's still affected by the murder spree when you were new and powerless in the escape mission. The chaos rating will even out as you do more missions and get more comfortable with the game's systems and more powers to let you avoid having to kill people. eg, slow time isn't as big a priority for a low chaos run as dark vision, but higher levels of slow time let you headshot a room full of guards with sleep bolts.

Not all the missions are as big as that first real mission but you certainly can up the play time by exploring every nook and cranny.

That said, if you do decide to just go high chaos, your play speed will likely get much, much faster.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    My chaos rating was low after the escape. I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Dishonored and I have different opinions of "low chaos" because I knocked a bunch of dudes out. Maybe it's more of a "how many murders count" than a ratio of left alive and knocked out versus murdered in the face.

Also, I'm glad to hear that later missions aren't all as long. This one felt like about three missions with all the various side stuff.

And I still only found about 1/3 of the coins despite finding all of the bone charms and runes.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    How is it not new thread time? We're at 99

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    My chaos rating was low after the escape. I guess I'm just going to have to accept that Dishonored and I have different opinions of "low chaos" because I knocked a bunch of dudes out. Maybe it's more of a "how many murders count" than a ratio of left alive and knocked out versus murdered in the face.

Also, I'm glad to hear that later missions aren't all as long. This one felt like about three missions with all the various side stuff.

And I still only found about 1/3 of the coins despite finding all of the bone charms and runes.

There are also certain side missions you can perform that may increase or decrease your Chaos rating (poisoning a brewery with rat guts comes to mind) so depending on how you play it and what rewards you want can affect chaos level. Overall though you should still be able to lower your chaos especially as you unlock new tools and upgrades. Also less murder sprees. :wink:

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

If you didn't hide the bodies in a dumpster or something, rats could eat them. Also, completing morally dubious sidequests for shady people adds a large amount of chaos.

(High chaos final level is cooler.)

s7Imn5J.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    More Underrail.

"Y'know I've been wondering what flares are useful for. I mean they light up an area and make stuff a little easier to hit, but they also light you up if you're close. It seems a stretch to call them 'essential.' Anyway, let's take this quest to this place that the locals claim is haunted."

*five minutes later*
    i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am safe in the light i am sa

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • HounHoun Registered User regular

I am really bad at spatial reasoning stuff, so I didn't finish it.

OK, you get a pass. You're still cool.

Everyone else, though... On Notice

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

Yeah this. This is the one case where a giant Xbox-style achievement popup actually enhanced the game.

Man the writing in that game was so good. And to think I poked fun at people being worried about spoilers prerelease because it's a puzzle game man.

This discussion has been closed.