As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indies Need Booze @ PAX South!

gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
Hello everyone! I am finally happy to announce this is the first year I am bringing Indies Need Booze to PAX South! This year we will be hosting it on a Saturday night from 9pm to 1am and tickets are only $5 plus the Eventbrite fee! You get entry plus two game codes for purchasing a ticket. We are still figuring out what game codes you all will be getting but we hope to have all that info to you by the end of the month.

Also we are donating 10% of all our ticket profits to AbleGamers Charity. They are also running another awesome charity raffle for cool prizes with all the proceeds going directly to them.

• Options
    StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    So what exactly is Indies need booze?

• Options
    StinkyTurd wrote: »
    So what exactly is Indies need booze?

Indies Need Booze is the largest indie game themed party for PAX. I have been doing it for the past three years as a way for indie game fans and developers to get together. It's also a chance for you to play indie games outside of PAX and hang out.

• Options
    Also we have officially announced two more things. Here are the games we have confirmed showing at our event so far.

A.E.G.I.S. by Zephyr Workshop
    •Radical Rebels by Pixel Pushers Union 512
    •Black Ice by Super Duper GC
    •Speed Runners and Party Hard by tinyBuild
    •Social Justice Warriors by Nondecimal Creative

Also here are the game codes you will be getting for purchasing a ticket. Each ticket comes with one game code for each.

uSt7V20.jpg?1

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Already bought tickets for my husband and I!! So excited to go and be able to play some indie games I haven't heard of yet! :D

• Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    Tickets bought for my husband and I. Super excited to once again enjoy Indies need Booze and play some awesome indie games!

• Options
    Midan wrote: »
    Already bought tickets for my husband and I!! So excited to go and be able to play some indie games I haven't heard of yet! :D
    Atalla wrote: »
    Tickets bought for my husband and I. Super excited to once again enjoy Indies need Booze and play some awesome indie games!

Thanks so much for all the support!

• Options
    Got my ticket looking forward to playing some Indies hanging with some devs and seeing what all this fuss is about :)

• Options
    mgnademgnade DelawareRegistered User regular
    We will have other goodies to hand out at the party too! I just got buttons, stickers and posters headed to San Antonio.

• Options
    I may have a spare challenge coin if someone wants to use it as a prize or something I've been trying to figure out the best way to give my extra 2 out.

• Options
    japesterjapester Registered User regular
    My first thought upon hearing about playing "indies" at a pub is board games. Heh. Handing out codes clues people in that this is digital, but with the big tabletop indie presence at South, it might be worth specifying exactly what type of "indies" these are up front. ;-)

• Options
    edited December 2015
    There are indie board games too, you just don't get to take those home with you.

AEGIS will be there for sure:
    http://zephyrworkshop.com/aegis/

mgnade on
  • Options
    OK that looks interesting. Could you post some of the other games that will be there?

• Options
    japesterjapester Registered User regular
    mgnade wrote: »
    There are indie board games too, you just don't get to take those home with you.

AEGIS will be there for sure:

Cool. Thanks for pointing that out. I looked at the other four that were mentioned, and just assumed AEGIS was digital as well. :)

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    If you are into INDIE Games, this is a must. But first you must understand what it is to be a true indie. 50 employee company's with no publisher affiliation often claim to be indies, they are not. For the most part these are small if not single employee companies that have invented some of the craziest and best games out there but don't have the resources to launch a million dollar marketing campaign. With all do respect, some of the games are laughable that someone even thinks it would be a success, while others are diamonds in the rough. If you are new to PAX, this may not be your scene and you should probably not go, as you will not have a frame of reference. but if you have been to PAX before and want to see what PAX is really about (Hint: Its not the Expo Floor) This is a good insight, just bring cash for the bar, this is not a Major Company throwing booze at you to buy a copy of a crap game, this is you buying the game designer a drink to thank him for his sacrifice and creative innovations.

• Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    I might be interested in this. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Sounds pretty cool, and cheap enough to buy a ticket even if I end up not making it!

B2YfFSb.png
  • Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I got a ticket. Cheap enough to check it out and not worry about it if I'm not a fan. Also a good way to meet people :D

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    SveaAngelSveaAngel Registered User regular
    Hmmm I might try to make it, let me check with my crew

• Options
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    If you are into INDIE Games, this is a must. But first you must understand what it is to be a true indie. 50 employee company's with no publisher affiliation often claim to be indies, they are not. For the most part these are small if not single employee companies that have invented some of the craziest and best games out there but don't have the resources to launch a million dollar marketing campaign. With all do respect, some of the games are laughable that someone even thinks it would be a success, while others are diamonds in the rough. If you are new to PAX, this may not be your scene and you should probably not go, as you will not have a frame of reference. but if you have been to PAX before and want to see what PAX is really about (Hint: Its not the Expo Floor) This is a good insight, just bring cash for the bar, this is not a Major Company throwing booze at you to buy a copy of a crap game, this is you buying the game designer a drink to thank him for his sacrifice and creative innovations.

Thanks for the kinds words. I invite people who want to show not necessarily games that will ne a commercial success or even see the light of day. My party has always been an avenue for developers to have a free option to show there game to a PAX audience. It's hard making a game and I've always wanted to be there for developers.

Just officially announcing it now but this will be my last Indies Need Booze. It's been a great honor to meet lots of you and to give PAX a truly independent party. Indies Need Booze takes a lot of time for me to plan, host, and travel away from my family. I never did this for the money but what little I make from it covers my trip and the expenses for renting out a bar. I've been doing this for over three years and without your support would have never been so successful.

I would love to continue INB but I have very limited vacation from my day job so I'm putting my kids first and bowing out gracefully after PAX South.

• Options
    CresendoCresendo Part-Time Crimefighter HoustonRegistered User regular
    Got a couple tickets to attend and can't wait to go!

"Great's okay, but amazing would be great."
  • Options
    CresendoCresendo Part-Time Crimefighter HoustonRegistered User regular
    Also, do we get the codes at the party?

"Great's okay, but amazing would be great."
  • Options
    Yes you do. They come on one physical card made by Indie Game Stand. One code gets access to both of the games with Steam codes.

• Options
    baadjuju222baadjuju222 Registered User new member
    I have worked closely with @gaminginpublic and I am looking forward to this event. Going to be a lot of great people and games there.

• Options
    Delacroix01Delacroix01 Registered User regular
    First time attending this event and I just got 3 tix! Can't wait!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    gaminginpublic was warned for this.
    First 100 people in the door will be getting a tinyBuild lanyard as well.
    gsiijtovoc94.jpg

gaminginpublic on
  • Options
    Quick notes times have changed for the event! We have moved the event back an hour so doors will open at 8pm party will be ending the event around 11am.

Also not leaking the details but if you happen to be a developer, work in press, or are a streamer please reach out to me about another event we are doing behind closed doors.

Email me at jacob@indiegamestand.com

• Options
    Wzagorski89Wzagorski89 Sinton, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh dang yall ARE opening an hour early! Be there soon!

#MonsterHunterXForTheWest , #MH4U 4613-9575-9123 , HR G3 Hunter , Insect Glaive user.
  • Options
    RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Had a great evening!! Thanks a lot!

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Options
    SkelefishSkelefish Registered User regular
    Wish I'd known about this before hand, after Twitch's fubar I just shrugged off any after party this year. Will keep my eyes open for it next year.

• Options
    Thanks for everyone that came out. It was a great time and it was a lot of fun.