As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcast Thread] I Guess The Earth Is Flat Now

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I refuse to believe that turbo is meaningfully worse than the crap we're watching now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG-B2aJTmwY

Better than any of the episodes we've watched so far

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mgs5 still too high

liEt3nH.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    which one is Turbo?

The one where they have car Zords and fight a sexy submarine lady

To clarify: The lady lives on a submarine, she is not a submarine

Well there goes my interest...

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    which one is Turbo?

The one where they have car Zords and fight a sexy submarine lady

To clarify: The lady lives on a submarine, she is not a submarine

Well, Thanks for giving me blue balls Luke.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Justin is stated to be an orphan

Then, 7 episodes later, we meet his dad

This is even worse than how they instantly forgot that Tanya was an African child from the past.

Divatox is implied to be Dimitria's long-lost twin but this is never brought up again

Bulk and Skull turn into literal chimps

Ernie's gone

Alpha 6 has a terrible Brooklyn accent and is even worse than Alpha 5

Dimitria's quirk is she talks like an infuriating rabbi

IT'S THE WORST

sig.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hahaha project beast, they ran into all the pitfalls of electricity management all on one flight. They decided not to deploy their solar panels the moment they're out of the atmosphere. Then they left the gyroscope on without solar power generation running while time warping which drained their battery completely. Then when they do decide to deploy their solar panels because they really need the gyroscope working to help them maneuver to avoid crashing into the mun, they are in the shadow of the mun so they don't work.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I refuse to believe that turbo is meaningfully worse than the crap we're watching now

Good thing I still had the eye bleach nearby

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay I played long War for a bit. It took forever till I actually got any new weapons and fought in like six landed alien transports in a row.

And I'm done with Long War.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Also, turbo is the one where Bulk and Skull get turned into chimps for most of the season right?

Also, turbo is the one where Bulk and Skull get turned into chimps for most of the season right?

yeah they weren't on set because they were going to get a spinoff with El Viz, the mexican Elvis

it fell through

liEt3nH.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Better than any of the episodes we've watched so far

Sir, you wound me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    hahaha project beast, they ran into all the pitfalls of electricity management all on one flight. They decided not to deploy their solar panels the moment they're out of the atmosphere. Then they left the gyroscope on without solar power generation running while time warping which drained their battery completely. Then when they do decide to deploy their solar panels because they really need the gyroscope working to help them maneuver to avoid crashing into the mun, they are in the shadow of the mun so they don't work.
    And yet they still did a successful landing N THE DARK on Mun, successfully took off again and made it back to Kerbin... And then forgot to deactivate their last rocket stage before decoupling it. They overcame so much to be ended by such a tiny mistake.

Rocky permanently loses his spot as a Power Ranger due to a temporary injury to a kid who's had less than a minute of screentime

The Turbo powers are pulled out of Zordon's ass and replace the Zeo powers for no reason (though the Turbo Megazord is freakin' cool at least)

None of the plot threads left hanging at the end of Zeo are resolved in any way

sig.gif
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

yeah they weren't on set because they were going to get a spinoff with El Viz, the mexican Elvis

it fell through

I am shocked to hear this

I'm so sad the Bulk & Skull show didn't happen

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    As a continuation of the MMPR/Zyuuranger combination: Would you rather have Zordon and Alpha Five, or Barza and Daizyuzin?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Rocky permanently loses his spot as a Power Ranger due to a temporary injury to a kid who's had less than a minute of screentime

The Turbo powers are pulled out of Zordon's ass and replace the Zeo powers for no reason (though the Turbo Megazord is freakin' cool at least)

You're saying these facts as if they're at all inconsistent with the caliber of writing in mighty morphin

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Zordon, Alpha Five, and Bandora

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I dunno who that police robit is but i like his design

I am however, flabbergasted at the downgrade in the quality of the acting

I dunno who that police robit is but i like his design

I am however, flabbergasted at the downgrade in the quality of the acting

It's more of a horizontal shift

Instead of hammy and trying too hard it's bored and not trying hard enough

Neither are good and both are hilarious

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I just like how they didn't bother to edit over any of the labels on the microwave.

Just randomly a giant japanese microwave.

Turbo was no worse than any of the ones that follow it for a while

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Turbo never really had a chance because its source material was a series that was actively parodying and lampooning sentai

• chrismsxchrismsx Registered User regular
    And now Rita is hot. I'm so scared for the new movie and yet intrigued.

Space and lost galaxy are both really good!

Space and lost galaxy are both really good!

i don't agree.

You're saying these facts as if they're at all inconsistent with the caliber of writing in mighty morphin

It's at least way worse than MMPR season 3 and Zeo!

And also, every change in the status quo so far has been accompanied by a big arc that made it really feel like it was a big deal. Turbo basically barges into the scene and shits all over Zeo.

For fuck's sake, Zeo ends with Lord Zedd blowing up the Machine Empire with a boobytrapped present and driving away from the explosion in his RV yelling "THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE BACK!"... and then their only appearance in Turbo so far is a cameo in the Turbo movie where Rita just basically tells Divatox not to fuck with the Power Rangers because it's not worth it.

The only rays of light are Divatox herself and the Turbo Megazord. And when I say Divatox, I mean just her. Her henchmen are way worse than the Machine Empire's.

sig.gif
    :whistle: there's no such thing as good power rangers

It's a dumb show made for babies

There's no such thing as good power rangers

Other than okay Zeo maybe :whistle:

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    chrismsx wrote: »

Yes... now...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I do remember devatox herself being fun

there are a staggering number of rita repulsa/nicki minaj photoshops

liEt3nH.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

It's at least way worse than MMPR season 3 and Zeo!

And also, every change in the status quo so far has been accompanied by a big arc that made it really feel like it was a big deal. Turbo basically barges into the scene and shits all over Zeo.

For fuck's sake, Zeo ends with Lord Zedd blowing up the Machine Empire with a boobytrapped present and driving away from the explosion in his RV yelling "THAT'S RIGHT, WE'RE BACK!"... and then their only appearance in Turbo so far is a cameo in the Turbo movie where Rita just basically tells Divatox not to fuck with the Power Rangers because it's not worth it.

The only rays of light are Divatox herself and the Turbo Megazord. And when I say Divatox, I mean just her. Her henchmen are way worse than the Machine Empire's.

I've seen several clips of Divatox and cannot stand her.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Someone make a bad cg nostalgia cast with me we can do reboot and beast wars.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I transform with a bit of cognac too, I can sympathize with whatever is going on here

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    chrismsx wrote: »

Now?

Inquisitor wrote: »

oh a Canadian Television Nostalgiacast

liEt3nH.png
    Divatox has all the hamminess and fun of Lord Zedd but with an actual human face.

sig.gif
    Inquisitor wrote: »

YO REBOOT IS MY JAM

sig.gif
    admittedly, i was getting too old for power rangers by the time Turbo came on but at least it didn't cross over with the worst Ninja Turtles show.

This discussion has been closed.