As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Double Secret Boxes (update: YOU WERE NOT PREPARED!)

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Senno wrote: »
    TmLrd04 wrote: »
    Some of my DSBs finally arrived from my thanksgiving and December orders. Box 1 was from thanksgiving, while 2 to 9 are from a December order.

Box 1: Bride of Frankenstein Anne, PNW Tycho

Box 2: Coffee Kemper, Iron Guard Stance

Box 3: Pinny Arcade Logo, Kemper Crockett

Box 4: Brian Sunter, Lookouts 4

Box 5: Acquisitions Inc Logo, PAX Aus 10th Year

Box 6: Elf Tycho, Flesh Reaper (2013)

Box 7: Viking, Dropbear

Box 8: Santa Gabe, Merch 2

Box 9: Coffee Kemper, Emu

Overall pretty happy, got quite a few pins I didn't have and have been looking for. Unfortunately no blind merch or Ellie pin (my favourite pin), but weirdly I am still waiting for some more DSBs from both orders so I may get lucky. I don't really need another blind merch (I already got one last year) but it would probably help with obtaining some of the rarer pins I am chasing.

I ordered a Fukubukuro and a single DSB this time around, figured I'd ordered enough DSBs for a while :P

Some really pins there.

Pretty sure they're all pins, dude.

• sixtysixty Registered User regular
    [AUS] I foolishly had my December DSB order shipped to my office, which was of course closed until this week. So I only just got my December DSBs this morning and...

2r142rgqck80.jpg

At last! Five Twisps! My dreams have been answered - I can at last start that pin cattery I've been longing for. I'm 50/50 with the loot - should be able to set up some nice trades but overall seems like it was a pretty bland draw compared to some others. Still.....pins!

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    I forgot to post but I got a DSBM in one of my boxes. The rest of the pins weren't inspiring, the only non-fodder was a KI Thunder pin, which I was happy with.

Personally for me to keep DSBs interesting, I'd like to see a whole set of 6-12 pins or so that are randomly distributed within DSBs. Sort of like an Arma but no set arma box, just mixed in to normal DSBs.

Arma was cool but it just felt "over" very quickly.

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    You know... I was thinking about the Age of Empires Anubis pin and why I haven't seen it around recently and I thought that perhaps there are less rares in the mix this round due to the fact that this is the second DSB since a PAX? I would imagine that those rares traded to staffers or vendors at Prime would have have mostly run through more or less. Since we horde these to trade at PAXen, I can imagine that the major turnover in supply happens then.

• CrazyspacemanCrazyspaceman Registered User regular
    @sixty I think I got all your Gabe 2.0 pins! No DSBM for me though.

• Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    From New Years run

1. Binwin Bronzebottom, AI Logo
    2. prime 14 logo, aus 14 logo
    3. profile sketch tycho, hotstepper gabe
    4. binwin bronzebottom, tourist gabe
    5. tycho tot, tourist tycho

• MaxxsenseMaxxsense N. Ridgeville OhioRegistered User regular
    From New Years DSB

1 PNW Tycho
    1 Lookouts Leader
    1 Viking
    1 Christmas Gabe 2014

Viking pin is going to be in my collection as part of The Behemoth Games Pin Collection.
    Best trade able pin is probably Lookouts Leader

Check out my Virtual Pin Lanyard: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Maxx_Sense
  • KurpavKurpav Registered User regular
    Fin got a letter and a surprise in the mail today. Thanks again @skeller - https://youtu.be/0UlFTTZlpX4

On the Hunt: Star Trek, Gold Overwatch, Glitch
    Check 'em: My Pins!
  • skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Kurpav wrote: »
    Fin got a letter and a surprise in the mail today. Thanks again @skeller - https://youtu.be/0UlFTTZlpX4

Glad he liked it! Great vid!

• theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    2012 Pinny Logo
    2013 CTS
    2013 ZT
    Troop Leader
    Binwin (AI)
    Wrapped Div
    Tourist Gabe
    DSB Merch

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    2012 Pinny Logo
    2013 CTS
    2013 ZT
    Troop Leader
    Binwin (AI)
    Wrapped Div
    Tourist Gabe
    DSB Merch

good haul and nice vine

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • 2slayeru2slayeru Mount Gambier, South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Looks like Thanksgiving keeps on giving thanks PA

Thanks%20Blind%20Merch.jpg

2slayeru on
  • dontdowditdontdowdit Registered User regular
    I love how the last line in the Sorry Merch letter is "Thank you for buying things from our store."

pkJUKrD.png
    6ejh0fry2mzn.jpg
    I got a pretty good haul I'm happy with the outcome.

My Pin collection
  • AmbearRaeAmbearRae Registered User new member
    This is the second time I've missed these Secret Boxes! I feel so defeated. :(
    What is the best way to keep track and not miss out on this for a 3rd time?

• ajetog@gmail.comajetog@gmail.com WisconsinRegistered User regular
    AmbearRae wrote: »
    Follow @Retnus on Twitter, Brian Sunter is the one who posts when the DSB boxes go on sale.

AmbearRae wrote: »

Also if you're in the Slack chat, we talk about them as soon as they're announced. That's how I find out so much since I don't check Twitter enough

pkJUKrD.png
  • Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Also, if you're not already, sign up for the Gazelle newsletter. They usually post the date & time that they will go on sale. It is on the front page of PA. r3pv1mojq56o.jpeg

• skellerskeller San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Seconded all the suggestions, especially the Gazelle. I also have Twitter alerts for @retnus turned on so I get a text and notification whenever he posts. Sometimes it's some nonsense about soccer and I get all excited for nothing, but when it's something useful about pins it's really handy.

• OTCHIMANOTCHIMAN Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User new member
    edited January 2016
    Just got my DSBs
    q75vbxlv7gi9.jpg

OTCHIMAN on

k7d9s76j2ruz.png
  • Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My dsbs from New Years Eve sale.
    w5fil1skh19w.jpg

• Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Got 3 DBS from my NYE order.
    :biggrin:
    pcq7740x70tv.jpg

• astroboiastroboi Melbourne, AusRegistered User regular
    My new years eve DSBs arrived:

Hot dog fairy + Brian Sunter (staff series 1)
    Jim Darkmagic + Vampire Tycho
    Hearthstone + Tourist Gabe
    Tourist Gabe + Project Spark
    Hot dog fairy + Pinny Arcade logo

Still no castle guy :(

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'll give you my castle guy for that hearthstones pin. :P

• evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think that's the most solid set of pulls I've seen from this round of DSBs! Congrats!

vonhist wrote: »
    I might hold on to this one :) This is actually the second Hearthstones pin I've got in a blind box. I traded the first one at the staff table at PAX Aus last year - didn't realise that it was an in-demand pin!

• AsphoronAsphoron Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    astroboi wrote: »
    I might hold on to this one :) This is actually the second Hearthstones pin I've got in a blind box. I traded the first one at the staff table at PAX Aus last year - didn't realise that it was an in-demand pin!

I know the odds are low, but that might be the exact pin you traded to them :P

Mind... blown

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Asphoron wrote: »
    astroboi wrote: »

I know the odds are low, but that might be the exact pin you traded to them :P

Not to rain on parades, but at East 15 they were getting a bunch of Hearthstones back.

• Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    received the new years set of blind boxes, had all of them already but adding to the fodder collection for AUS this year i guess.5u3jy562l1mg.jpg
    shame no blind merch, it seemed every second person was getting one, but i guess that's the fun part about blind boxes and collecting. looking forward to when I can get another set.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    East Kemp can get you many Blind Merches!

• Tubby2877Tubby2877 Addicted Pinner Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    That's what i'm hoping, i have a few other kempers, and i'm not fussed about the cat. I gave two away at PAX AUS just to help other people starting out for nothing in return (they didn't have anything to trade for them at the time), I think it was the coffee kemp and the baby kemp, it was a great feeling as I know how many people just love those god damm cats!

• HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Tubby2877 wrote: »
    That's what i'm hoping, i have a few other kempers, and i'm not fussed about the cat. I gave two away at PAX AUS just to help other people starting out for nothing in return (they didn't have anything to trade for them at the time), I think it was the coffee kemp and the baby kemp, it was a great feeling as I know how many people just love those god damm cats!

East Kemper is OG, that's why I love him so much. First Kemper is best Kemper.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
    @Tubby2877 if you dont want that Hot Dog Fairy I'm going for a lanyard...

pkJUKrD.png
  • CrazyspacemanCrazyspaceman Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Hingo wrote: »
    East Kemper is OG, that's why I love him so much. First Kemper is best Kemper.

Yeah as much as I'm craving a DSB merch my 2013 East Kemper is staying put.

Crazyspaceman on
    Ok finally just got my 3 boxes from the Thanksgiving 2015 sale from PedroShip:

Never got a sorry merch, fyi @merchmistress.. >_>

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Think there will be another dsb sale before East?

Think there will be another dsb sale before East?

they said they would.

My Pin collection
    darkinfero wrote: »

they said they would.

From what I heard, they said on multiple occasions that there wouldn't be any before East

pkJUKrD.png