As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book Two (final standings are up!)

124»

• Options
    OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Would it be ok if I bring a Game of Thrones - The Hound figure to add to the charity auction?

• Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Orezbus wrote: »
    Would it be ok if I bring a Game of Thrones - The Hound figure to add to the charity auction?

Absolutely! Just get with your house lead at the first bar. And thanks for donating to the cause!

• Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    HOUSE STARK! SEE YOU TOMRROW AT THE CRAWL AND WITH OUR AMAZING PRIZES, WE WILL CRUSH THE COMPETITION! #ForTheNorth

MSx80cZ.jpg

Also, schedule and route map:
    Bar 1 (7:15 - 8:00): The Worm Tequila & Mezcal Bar
    Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Agave Bar vs. House Baratheon
    Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): The Buckhorn Saloon vs. House Lannister
    Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): The Davenport Lounge vs. The Night's Watch
    Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Agave Bar vs. House Targaryen
    Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Swig Martini Bar vs. The Wildlings
    Bonus Bar (1:00 - close): The Davenport Lounge with all crawlers

Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/AmLL4uQzVz52

FOLLOW THE TWITTER FOR UPDATES: https://twitter.com/PAXStark

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    The Game of Thronies are ready to make the trip to San Antonio.
    fxkgr89cgqcv.jpg

If you have any questions between now and then, the easiest way to reach us is @LASwae, @Etaoin, @PAXIceandFire, or your house lead on Twitter. Schedules are in the original post - meet with your house at 7:15 at the first bar. Don't forget your wallets and your generous nature to score some of the sweet lewts we have in store for you, and remember Wheaton's Law while you're out imbibing with new friends.

See y'all tomorrow night!

• Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Hopefully my liver is ready! See you all tomorrow night

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    MrBroadstoneMrBroadstone Registered User regular
    I goofed and had two instead of one ticket. There's one opening.

• Options
    OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    We got stuck in traffic and still 2-3 hours out from San Antonio. I have released my tickets for wildlings so someone can snag them up since we won't get there till late.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thanks to everyone for coming out tonight and donating to Child's Play!

• Options
    DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    If anyone needs completion pins or lost their wildling pins, contact me on twitter @Devierue and I'll do my best to meet with you.

Thanks to the organizers, fellow house leads, and the generous attendees who made the crawl a success.

• Options
    Another PAX and another bar crawl is complete! I want to give a giant thanks to all of you guys who made this event such a huge success.

We doubled last year's total and raised SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($7,005, to be exact) for Child's Play! That is more than any crawl at any PAX ever has raised! A huge thanks to Etaoin, ClickPicTony, and all of the house leads who spent not only their time, but their talents and dollars as well to make provide y'all with cool swag and a good time Thursday night.

And lets all give a gracious round of applause to The Night's Watch who won the coveted trophy by raising a whopping $1,800! The final standings were:

1st Place - Night's Watch
    2nd Place - House Targaryen
    3rd Place - House Stark
    4th Place - The Wildlings
    5th Place - House Baratheon
    6th Place - House Lannister

I hope y'all had a great time at the crawl. I wish I hadn't lost my encounter with the Riverwalk stairs - I really missed getting to meet everyone! We hope to see you guys all back next year. In the meantime, please share any pics or videos from the crawl! If you have any comments/praises/criticisms, we'll take that too.

Thanks again, everyone!

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    First, I'd like to thank everyone who showed up, or released their tickets, for helping us to raise this record donation to Child's Play.

Next, I'd like to thank my leadership team, @zerzhul @GhostDan and @beardhawk, for all their hard work in planning and organizing, as well as @Khadour, @LTAcosta, @Rogue_hunter, and @Evelyn for stepping up after the Riverwalk stairs took out our Glorious Leader.

Finally, I'd like to thank the person I promoted to First Ranger on site and the trio that won the Night's Watch banner. You all rock and we would not have been successful without you. I hope to see each of you again next year.

FOR THE WALL

Peetsnack Mormont
    Lord Commander
    Night's Watch

7B14287.png
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I had a blast! Thank you for getting me in at the last minute!

One bar that we went to was more than happy to give me pitchers of water and cups to hand out to people.
    One bar had no plastic cups and required everyone to go to the bar for water.

Suggestion:
    Can the bars know ahead of time to put out pitchers of water for us or the sober house people? If they don't have plastic cups, they are easy enough to pick up but it sucked being in a bar knowing that no one could get water easily.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    BombClancy wrote: »
    I had a blast! Thank you for getting me in at the last minute!

One bar that we went to was more than happy to give me pitchers of water and cups to hand out to people.
    One bar had no plastic cups and required everyone to go to the bar for water.

Suggestion:
    Can the bars know ahead of time to put out pitchers of water for us or the sober house people? If they don't have plastic cups, they are easy enough to pick up but it sucked being in a bar knowing that no one could get water easily.

This will definitely go on the to-do list for next year!

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    The house leads gathered before the crawl:
    vyex13s09i7z.jpg

And then all hell broke lose and war began:
    t9nbo3dvld40.jpg

House Targaryen was presented with the official Shot of Ice & Fire Trophy for winning in 2015:
    10vj5jtuliex.jpg

And the trophy was passed on to the new rightful owner..... (artist's rendering - no photo available)
    0k422eremm0u.jpg

....until next year!

• Options
    CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    The Bar Crawl photos are finally ready- the Deers drank in the best light, and have the most photos as a result.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.938248450712.1073741840.29104790&type=1&l=3669cec8bf

[E]
  • Options
    EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    These are amazing. Thank you so much for taking them!

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Yea thanks for taking them!

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00