As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't Open Quotes In New Tab

ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
I used to be able to right-click on the Quote option on posts and tell it to open in a new tab, and I would get a new tab that was just a message box with the quote in it. The address on the new tab would look like it was pointing to the comment I right-clicked Quote on. Using this box would post to the thread like normal.

Now when I do this I get the new tab with a completely empty box. It still seems to be pointing to the thread and comment, but doesn't actually quote the comment in quote tags like it used to.

uyvfOQy.png
Reynolds on

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, this was helpful when catching up a thread, since clicking directly on it always takes you to the bottom of the page and starts a draft. Especially since doing that to multiple quotes makes the posting box a mess.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I would click on any posts I wanted to remember to respond to, then tidy it all up into one post later. Now it's a lot messier.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    This was super useful when posting from mobile, since it would give you a separate tab to write your post in.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yep, I miss this feature too. Here's hoping this is just a bug.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    oops, nevermind. Misread the original post.

see317 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I'm also missing this feature.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I am missing this on multiple browsers and devices, including mobile. I hope it comes back.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Same. It makes me sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Have we heard anything at all about why this is happening?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Patience.

Its been reported to the devs.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ok, good, because I was going to report a bug with my brain in that it refuses to learn that this is no longer an option.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Iruka wrote: »
    Patience.

Its been reported to the devs.

I would like to report that I quoted this post by opening it in a new tab.
    Huzzah for @IcyLiquid !

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I just noticed it's working again. Thanks!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yup, big thanks!