As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and Risotto

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The worst dreams are those where I'm back in high school

I even feel like those are the only true nightmares I have

Oh the nightmares I have
    Being eaten alive by cats is just tip of that dark realm of why

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Jeez creepy people, can you just not, everything?

• Options
    Women have flirted with me which I feel silly of realizing it happened long after
    I have gone on two dates I realized were dates long after.

I just feel silly that I did not know it was that at the time.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i think people have flirted with me?

i mean

worse decisions could be made

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

i mean

Could they?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

i mean

Could they?

i gotta believe you can sink lower than rock bottom, because if not, what the fuck am i even doing?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i refuse to be flirted with

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    tito

hey

hey tito

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

i mean

Could they?

i gotta believe you can sink lower than rock bottom, because if not, what the fuck am i even doing?

The lowest low is only the beginning

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Then there was also the time that a group of guys were hitting on me which devolved into a bunch of guys throwing beer bottles at my head.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So, uh... I think I just got legitimately hit on for the first time in like maybe 7 years or more?
    We are men of action, lies do not become us.

It's true!

I mean, not that I've been actively seeking it out, but I honestly can't remember the last time that sort of thing happened since before I got married.

Plus I'm pretty awkward to talk to in person, so that probably plays a part in it.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm a few weeks into these Japanese classes now. The instructor mentioned today that I seem to know a lot, which is nice because I've been listening to the language for ages now, so that means something has rubbed off. I had been meaning to talk to her about the rest of the classes the organization offers, so it was a good excuse to stick around after the class got out. We chatted a bit and got to talking about hiking because I'm pretty into it here, and she used to be but hadn't done much lately (something along the lines of "my coworkers go all the time, but I haven't been. Maybe I should start again). I ended up offering to let her know when the next one got scheduled and invited her along, and she didn't seem put off by the idea? I was expecting an "I have a boyfriend" or "I don't date people in my class" but mostly she just smiled and looked flattered. She didn't seem uncomfortable, and normally I'm pretty good at reading body language.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, because she seems pretty awesome, but I think that's the last I'll mention things unless she brings it up again herself. I don't know if she'll want or be able to make the next trip because she's going back to Japan for a bit soon, but it's the day after the next class so I figure I'll know one way or other shortly.

It would be really nice if she was interested, though.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

i mean

Could they?

Keep chasing that rainbow, man

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I'm a few weeks into these Japanese classes now. The instructor mentioned today that I seem to know a lot, which is nice because I've been listening to the language for ages now, so that means something has rubbed off. I had been meaning to talk to her about the rest of the classes the organization offers, so it was a good excuse to stick around after the class got out. We chatted a bit and got to talking about hiking because I'm pretty into it here, and she used to be but hadn't done much lately (something along the lines of "my coworkers go all the time, but I haven't been. Maybe I should start again). I ended up offering to let her know when the next one got scheduled and invited her along, and she didn't seem put off by the idea? I was expecting an "I have a boyfriend" or "I don't date people in my class" but mostly she just smiled and looked flattered. She didn't seem uncomfortable, and normally I'm pretty good at reading body language.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, because she seems pretty awesome, but I think that's the last I'll mention things unless she brings it up again herself. I don't know if she'll want or be able to make the next trip because she's going back to Japan for a bit soon, but it's the day after the next class so I figure I'll know one way or other shortly.

It would be really nice if she was interested, though.

Are there any low difficulty trails you can recommend? I'm trying to get some forest bathing in with a partner who is not an experienced hiker.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Most of what I've done since joining the meetup hasn't been terribly tree-laden. The Rustic Canyon trail was nice, and Murphy's Ranch is slated for demolition by the end of the month so that could be a neat bit of LA history to see before it's gone. The quick way down (or up) has a lot of steps, though. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 600.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    So is there a signup list to get told this joke, or...?

Yeah, sure, PM me. Again, probably not funny to anyone but me, but you asked.

I am so confused by this chain.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Love thread. I worry I may have erred.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    love thread...

there is nothing more disappointing than bad dinner on a date night.

We went to the belgian beer cafe near the beach, they had good reviews and figured the food would be decent.

So. Wrong.

Hubby got mussels steamed in a curried cream sauce with apples and cilantro. they tasted like steamed mussels.
    I got a seafood paella. I've made better seafood rice by dumping frozen seafood mix into the rice cooker with the rice and pressing "cook".

For dessert Hubby got a rose flavoured creme brulee, which was actually pretty tasty
    I got belgian waffles with Nutella, cerry sauce, and ice cream.

All told, I could have made the same food, probably even better, at home for half the price.

But the night was not lost! Hubby made everything (mostly) better by taking me through a car wash.

what? I enjoy going through car washes. It's a luxury.

But still, dinner was mediocre, at best, the portions were small compared to other beer cafe's we've been to and the service was meh. Not one of the better nights.

But, I looked awesome so that's a plus.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    You got to go to the car wash? Swag.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've basically given up on the Belgium Beer Cafes. The hoegaarden is good, but I'm constantly disappointed by everything else when I go.

orthanc
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Orthanc wrote: »
    I've basically given up on the Belgium Beer Cafes. The hoegaarden is good, but I'm constantly disappointed by everything else when I go.

We probably could have gone to any other restaurant in the town and done better for the price.

Just so depressing.

And I'm still hungry.

• Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    These days I tend to hit britomart or federal st for nice but not over the top fancy dinner.

Though we've been to Sidart a couple of times recently and I can't recommend it highly enough. It's fancy & a bit pricey, but I reckon it's probably the best restaurant in NZ. Degestation only though, so you've got to be up for some interesting stuff.

orthanc
  • Options
    yeah I wanted to avoid the city. but if we'd gone to the city i probably would have headed to Viaduct and hit up either the Creole place or the crab shack (that's owned by the Creole place I think).

But i hate going over the bridge. lol. Yes I'm strange.

• Options
    Reason #783 Orthanc will never live on the shore....

But based on the protests today seems like avoiding the city was probably the wise choice.

orthanc
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

i mean

No one has ever flirted with me.

There has been one or two awkward and brief conversations, but no active flirting.

Perhaps I look kinda murdery? I can see it being easy to get that impression what with all the blood.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Almost everyone here has been flirted with unwittingly. Some people are bad at recognizing when they are being flirted with. Some people are bad at flirting.

And sometimes both of those things are true at once: a person who is bad at flirting tries to badly flirt with a person who is bad at recognizing when they are being flirted with.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Almost everyone here has been flirted with unwittingly. Some people are bad at recognizing when they are being flirted with. Some people are bad at flirting.

And sometimes both of those things are true at once: a person who is bad at flirting tries to badly flirt with a person who is bad at recognizing when they are being flirted with.

:winky:

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

No joke, so many missed opportunities. I am so incredibly bad at picking up the signals, and so bad at responding to them when I do pick them up.

The only time I seem certain to recognize that I'm being flirted with is if I'm absolutely not interested in the person doing it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Y'all talk about being bad at picking up flirt signals

I once went on a date with a girl without realizing that we were going on a date

• Options
    I did that twice with two different women at two different times
    I only realized it long after like months to years.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I once went on a date with a girl without realizing that we were going on a date

I really liked her too, was the real shame. I was too chickenshit to do anything about it and assumed she didn't like me, so the girl takes me to a Billy Idol concert (which was great, mind you), and I still don't get the hint.

I don't realize it until like six months after, when I'm referencing something else that happened that night to one of my friends as like, "It was on the night that Katie and I went on that maybe-date to Billy Idol..."

And my friend turns to me and says, "Oh that was definitely a date. You fucked up, kid."

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I have two group presentations for uni over the next few weeks. Groups chosen by the teachers. Sigh.

I also just went to the library and took out pretty much every useful book there for an assignment. I'm not a team player.

• Options

I only did that in junior high school, but I still cringe when I remember it.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

I haven't done that, but I've done the opposite, where I went on a date only to find out that it actually wasn't a date at all.

Or once, that it was a date, just not my date.

Because she brought another dude.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »

Yeah

This was in my senior year of college

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I did that twice with two different women at two different times
    I only realized it long after like months to years.

Really when I realized one of them was in a firefight and I went hmm well that was dumb
    What was? Oh the night with M.
    You want to talk about that NOW?!!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2016
    templewulf wrote: »

Yeah

This was in my senior year of college

I am having literal sympathy pains.

templewulf on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm usually mostly oblivious to people flirting with me.

That said the other week a friend of a friend brought a Garbage Person to dinner and he kept asking if I was straight, and if I dated guys, and if I was dating any of the people at the table, and did I sleep with guys, and did I like sex, and would I sleep with him, and also did he mention he has a big dick.

Which, like

Nope, dude, that ain't the way

Nope

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I'm imagining each of these questions with a good five to ten minutes between them

No filler conversation, just out of nowhere every time

• Options
    AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    I'm usually mostly oblivious to people flirting with me.

That said the other week a friend of a friend brought a Garbage Person to dinner and he kept asking if I was straight, and if I dated guys, and if I was dating any of the people at the table, and did I sleep with guys, and did I like sex, and would I sleep with him, and also did he mention he has a big dick.

Which, like

Nope, dude, that ain't the way

Nope

Did other people not notice him being an awful person? Cuz bloody hell!

This discussion has been closed.