As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Infractions and Bans

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Vanguard was recently banned for repeatedly violating image size rules. That can actually happen! We're serious about this.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    spacekungfuman is banned for a pattern of bad behavior, trolling, an excessive love of the spotlight, not living up to the promises he made to be allowed back to the forums.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2016
    Jacobkosh was warned for this.
    Elki wrote: »
    not living up to the promises he made to be allowed back to the forums.

Let's take a moment to emphasize this one. People who are allowed to come back from a permanent ban are absolutely graded on a different scale than regular users; this is in the rules as written and should not come as a surprise to anyone. A permanent ban is not a decision that is casually made or unmade and, having been done, there is no conceivable benefit to the community for the staff to continue playing whack-a-mole with users who are unable to get a grip on the behaviors that plague them.

Continental on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited December 2015
    Elki was warned for this.
    jmcdonald is jailed for needlessly shitty, combative behavior in a series of threads. And for calling someone a troll; always use the report button.

Orogogus on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Karsa was banned for being a SKFM alt.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2016
    Gator was caught by a false positive from the alt-detector and summarily banned. Rather than emailing an admin per the handy rules that are readily available on the front page, or even just discreetly contacting a moderator or admin through an alternate account, he opted to use an alt to make a big confrontational post in a public thread. This was a suboptimal choice and while unbanned, he will be enjoying a few weeks in the pokey because of it.

I want to emphasize that out of thousands and thousands of registered users, our automated alt-detection software has come up with only a tiny handful of false positives so far and we are absolutely more than willing to do whatever's necessary to resolve those few situations when they do crop up. Sometimes you might have shared a dorm with someone who is banned, or whatever. We understand. That's okay. But in turn we do ask that you exercise a certain base level of patience, comity, and good judgment.

In other news, the permabanned poster Ludious has returned. For those of you wondering why he gets to come back when your favorite banned poster X has not, it's because, like spacekungfuman, after serving an appropriate amount of time off the forums he politely contacted an administrator per our written rules. And again, as with spacekungfuman, coming back from a permaban does mean that certain terms and conditions apply.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2016
    Veevee and tyrannus have recently been jailed for abusing other users.

Those of you who manage the incredibly complicated, involved, rocket-scientist-level task of not doing that, I continue to salute you.

milski on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2016
    V1m has been jailed for posting a giant image. We continue to be serious about this.

Coinage on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    KingofKOF is currently relaxing in a temp ban on points due to a thoroughly gross and homophobic musing on Ted Cruz's sexual preferences.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    Gator has earned a temporary ban for a consistent pattern of unhelpful posts. This forum is not your Twitter feed.

rRwz9.gif
    edited February 2016
    Neco is temporarily banned by request.

FrederickDyvers on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited February 2016
    skippydumptruck is temporarily banned by request, so he can focus on his music career.

OnTheLastCastle on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2016
    zagdrob is banned by request. So long. :so_raven:

ydejin on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Thomamelas is banned by request.

Continental on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited April 2016
    Gator has earned a temporary ban for some particularly unhelpful gator noises.

Deebaser on
    rRwz9.gif
    Elldren is jailed for edict violations.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited April 2016
    jungleroomx has been banned by request.

Sparvy on
    rRwz9.gif
    Vanguard has been banned by request.

rRwz9.gif
    Uhtred was yet another alt of Bubsy or whatever, and should consider (on his inevitable return) whether being such a colossal dick that we notice it's him is a good idea.

Preacher has been jailed for being a dick.

OnTheLastCastle has been jailed for attention seeking.

The Muffin Man was jailed per the edict.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    programjunkie is taking a timeout to think about why blaming a mass killing on a victim of domestic abuse is a disgusting thing to do.

savge finally became too dumb to live

OnTheLastCastle is banned by request.

rRwz9.gif
    Elldren has been tempbanned on points.

rRwz9.gif
    TLDR is banned by request.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    jungleroomx is jailed for a severe overreaction to some joke.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    OnTheLeLastCastle violated the edict, and expected an infraction. He is now banned.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Regina Fong got dickish about food, and is now banned on points.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    TryCatcher was jailed for posting a 4MB gif. We're still serious about this.

rRwz9.gif
    Apothe0sis is jailed for assholery.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    DanHibiki has been jailed for posting a 2 megabyte gif in the Westworld thread.

rRwz9.gif
    nexuscrawler has been banned by request.

Since we've had some questions about it, here is the thing to know if you're requesting a self-ban: have a way to contact another forumer so they can let us know when you're ready to come back. Requesting a ban and then coming back as an alt is not feasible.

rRwz9.gif
    Duffel has been banned by request.

rRwz9.gif
    LegoSpiderman is banned for being an alt of a banned poster.

rRwz9.gif
    Gator is banned on points, and for consistent rule breaking. Edict still in effect.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Neco has been banned by request.

rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2017
    Preacher was jailed for being an asshole, and calling a person it.

colawars on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Harry Dresden is jailed, because three warnings for being offtopic in one month should be enough.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    DasUberEdward has been banned by request.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    mcdermott is banned for advocating for the death of a political figure

This discussion has been closed.