As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Wednesday, February 3, 2016 - Failed Campaign

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Wednesday, February 3, 2016 - Failed Campaign

Failed Campaign

Failed Campaign

http://campcomic.com/comic/287

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Poor Linus.
    I think Malachi is going to push him to his breaking point.

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Great work on the expressions and clash of personalities

FlaxSeed on
  • Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    I love how Malachi embodies the modern American idea of vigorous (and loud) action in the face of ignorance of whatever the goal is. He personifies strenuous thoughtlessness. I guess most people don't realize how close this is to "the beatings will continue until morale improves." Which is kind of the point, really.

• stevejb68stevejb68 Registered User new member
    Found the kitty! Good thing iPad lets me enlarge the comic.

• MarasmusineMarasmusine Registered User new member
    I can't decide if I wish I could wrap my hand around my neck like Linus, or if I'm glad that I can't.

• Maiti_dukkuMaiti_dukku Registered User regular
    Is that an anime sweat drop, or an actual sweat drop?

• kathhiragakathhiraga Founder Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Last panel, thought Linus had varicose veins, with a nice cuff at the end. I guess I need to slow down here when reading...

I just wanted to say that the style used for Big Loud Ideas text is excellent.
    It really conveys the tone well.

• zdaneezdanee Registered User regular
    In about 5 minutes Malachi will be banned from the library...

• shwxngshwxng Registered User new member
    i love linus! i wonder what his backstory is?

shwxng wrote: »
    i love linus! i wonder what his backstory is?

Superfluous third nipple.

Yeah, I thought it'd have something to with books, too.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    I think Linus is the librarian because he likes quiet and solitude. And also books.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Sarge wrote: »
    I think Linus is the librarian because he likes quiet and solitude. And also books.

With the rest of his family as loud, in-your-face music people. Or sports fans.

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    maybe he should come up with a Library rap to spread awareness. It worked for Arthur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXz3MXx2DU

I saw that when it first aired as a little kid, and I to this day still have that song stuck in my head whenever I think of the word "Library."

• SanderloSanderlo Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I always hated this kind of plot in TV shows. I'm not talking about quality, of course.

Sanderlo on
  • Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Sanderlo: Oh, plots like this have been around since the comedies of Aristophanes. There's a lot of Dionysus in Malachi, and not enough Xanthias in Seventeen and Brian to make things right. We've just gotten slicker at them, and turned them into morality plays about how being different isn't always right. One of the reasons I read "Camp Weedonwancha" is to see how subversive with that idea Katie can get. There's lots more room for experimentation here.

• Jason MeadowsJason Meadows Registered User new member
    Katie Rice you are absolutely amazing! I first saw your work years ago on your blog after checking the link that John K. mentioned on the Ren and Stimpy APC DVD. I absolutely loved all your pictures, but never commented because I am extremely shy/in awe of your work. I've been wanting to do some web comics myself and have been looking at top webcomic sites like the Oatmeal to see how it's done. But have been very bummed that a lot of webcomics are not drawn so well. A lot of it makes me think dang, even I could draw better than that and I'm just starting out. But the moment I saw this one I was thinking WOW! This one actually looks really good. Way better than anything I could ever do. The site design is super cartoony too. When I saw your name at the bottom I was very excited. I'm a huge fan. Just watched the first episode of that strip search show. Happy for you. This is inspiring to me! I hope I can get as good as you. You, John, Marlo, Kali, and Jim Smith are all my heroes of drawing cartoons.

• H.Y T.A.N.SH.Y   T.A.N.S Registered User regular
    Linus looks like he's gonna wring his neck. Just sayin'.

• CardboardPizzasCardboardPizzas Registered User regular
    Did Linus's parents leave him because of his eyebrows?

• brian_finbrian_fin Registered User new member
    Poor Linus xD still can't decide if I like him or Brian best.

• Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    Linus, my dude, as much as I love ya, those eyebrows need to be fixed.