As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Yep. The lack of local Onslaughts and the price they're commanding on Amazon are what drove me to preorder.

8aVThp6.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Dang, really? That might make me preorder the UW version as well. Hopefully I can find one in the wild though to tempt me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    You can preorder just Onslaught from BBTS for $25.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Yeah, was just trying to see if I can find one in the wild first. Had fun trying to find Hot Spot so I wanted to see if I could do it this time. It is much harder than long ago when there were lots of toy stores around... Darn Internet.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I understand the thrill of the hunt

Sometimes it grows tiresome though

I'm trying to run across CW Shockwave and ML Venom

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Yeah I have BBTS as my backup plan.

oosik_betsuni.png
    aaaaand on that note I went ahead and just ordered Marvel Legends Venom and Vision, and CW Legends class Shockwave and Chop Shop from HTS

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    aaaaand on that note I went ahead and just ordered Marvel Legends Venom and Vision, and CW Legends class Shockwave and Chop Shop from HTS

They have that wave? Hmm, I guess I could pick up Venom, Reilly and Gwe-- oh, maybe not.

HTS?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Ah ok, thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah good luck on Gwen

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    so i haven't pre-ordered anything from BBTS before. what're the odds that if i wait for it to actually be in stock that itll just sell out?

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    The last time I preordered on BBTS the same item showed up as available on Amazon Prime for less, while BBTS still had it listed as "Pre-order" so...

so i haven't pre-ordered anything from BBTS before. what're the odds that if i wait for it to actually be in stock that itll just sell out?

Too hard to say, really depends on what it is.

My experience with BBTS though is that you should generally use it just for US products and Transformers in general.

Their preorder system is super convenient though. You can cancel at any time before the item is in stock, and you can pile up your orders for quite a long time until you're ready to ship them out.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    this is for the UW bruticus. it'll be the first takara item i try to get on release so i am not really sure what i am looking at as far as dealing with the prorders or anything from overseas. i think the only other takara stuff i own is a TF animated blackout and i think my masterpiece soundwave is.

I would just go ahead and put the preorder in at BBTS. Like I said, you can easily go in there any time before release and cancel with them, there's no repurcussion. It's $135 there plus shipping which will probably be like $9.

Then just keep an eye out to see if you can find it cheaper anywhere else. HobbyLinkJapan will probably have it for 12000JPY (based on the other UW combiners) which is currently about $101, but their shipping will probably be closer to like $23.

All the UW combiners are in stock still at BBTS, but Bruticus is probably more popular so who knows. HLJ doesn't seem to have carried UW Defensor, so I'm not sure if they're going to carry Bruticus or not.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Yeah good luck on Gwen

I actually found the whole wave at a walmart on tuesday, but I don't really want any of them enough to pay the full $20 for them.

edited January 2016
    Thanks for the input. My main hesitation is I used PayPal for for previous (first) bbts order but preorders requre a credit card (understandably) and that just always makes me uncomfortable

Anyone pick up any of the gothitropolis figures? I missed out since I didn't know they existed until recently and I want to get eagalud (and maybe one for s friend of mine as a gift) but every time I see them now it is double the original price or more. Having not handled any of the series I don't even know if it is a worthwhile investment.

WingedWeasel on
    Hey looks like I'm finally getting an MP close to release since I just shipped my warehouse from HLJ which includes Road Rage, Ironhide and Nendoroid Kirby.

Thanks for the input. My main hesitation is I used PayPal for for previous (first) bbts order but preorders requre a credit card (understandably) and that just always makes me uncomfortable

Anyone pick up any of the gothitropolis figures? I missed out since I didn't know they existed until recently and I want to get eagalud (and maybe one for s friend of mine as a gift) but every time I see them now it is double the original price or more. Having not handled any of the series I don't even know if it is a worthwhile investment.

I've generally only heard good things about Gothitropolis, moreso their Scarabus figures, but the birds are supposed to be solid. There's a bunch up for preorder through BBTS as well.
    Schide wrote: »
    Yeah good luck on Gwen

I actually found the whole wave at a walmart on tuesday, but I don't really want any of them enough to pay the full $20 for them.

I'm a sucker for symbiotes, so I couldn't resist Venom

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    it is mostly just eagalus i am interested in. but i was not sure if shelling out $150+ was worth it for him (let alone doing it twice). i may just keep waiting for a deal to show up on ebay or something.

Oh

There's no way I could suggest paying that much for that figure

There are not very many single figures I've paid that much(or more) for. MP-10 Optimus is one of them.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    HLJ needs to open pre-orders for UW Bruticus and MP Optimus Primal already. Been checking every day.

In other news, the early reviews and pics of MP Ironhide are very good. Glad I pre-ordered him when I did.

Shame I'll have to wait another 5 weeks to get my hands on him, since I'm going to ship it with MP Rodimus and S.h.figuarts Captain Phasma.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited January 2016
    Heatwave wrote: »
    HLJ needs to open pre-orders for UW Bruticus and MP Optimus Primal already. Been checking every day.

In other news, the early reviews and pics of MP Ironhide are very good. Glad I pre-ordered him when I did.

Shame I'll have to wait another 5 weeks to get my hands on him, since I'm going to ship it with MP Rodimus and S.h.figuarts Captain Phasma.

I completely forgot about the MP Ironhide. Went over to HLJ and noticed they have a low stock... and now I'm tempted to order one.

Edit: Just ordered one since it will be cheaper with shipping than from BBTS.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Warbotron is the daily sale on BBTS for $400. Super tempted but I reeaalllllllly shouldn't be spending that kind of money right now.

That is certainly tempting! Instead of spending that $135 on UW Bruticus, I could put it towards that...

In recent haul news, I love Marvel Legends Venom

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    so Wonder Festival happened

there were lots of things

I am overwhelmed

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    One Punch Man Saitama Figma? SOLD

trying to work on my lost light crew but i cannot find a megatron that really fits (CW one isn't really doing it for me). and a few seem to only be offered by 3rd parties...c'mon has/tak.

What kind of Megatron are you looking for?

I really like WFC Megatron, but obviously he's kinda small

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    ideally one that would "fit" with the rest of the crew of the lost light. none of them really have the appropriate head sculpt that i am aware of. i do have a WFC megs, and it isn't that i don't like the other ones its just there doesn't seem to be one available that really makes sense for this.

edited February 2016
    Picked up CW Blast Off and Vortex today, now I'm just waiting for Onslaught to hit a reasonable price in my area.

Nobody on
    Nobody wrote: »
    Picked up CW Blast Off and Vortex today, now I'm just waiting for Onslaught to hit a reasonable price in my area.

I have yet to see any of them in my local stores. Seen a bunch of the Ironhide, Sunstreaker, etc. sets though.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I came across them in both Kmart and TRU, TRU was $2 more expensive across the board.

I've seen them in Go! Games stores too (if you have those in your area) at around the same price as TRU.

ideally one that would "fit" with the rest of the crew of the lost light. none of them really have the appropriate head sculpt that i am aware of. i do have a WFC megs, and it isn't that i don't like the other ones its just there doesn't seem to be one available that really makes sense for this.

Oh, I'm not familiar with that iteration of Megs

I only have Transformers IDW Phase 2 Vol 1 and 2, haven't read past those. I'll be picking up Vol 3 when it releases in a month, and then probably try to follow up from there

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg

Oh, I'm not familiar with that iteration of Megs

I only have Transformers IDW Phase 2 Vol 1 and 2, haven't read past those. I'll be picking up Vol 3 when it releases in a month, and then probably try to follow up from there

I am hoping there are official versions of the entire idw cast. Looking forward to the rewind with the headcam for example. There's gotta be a list out there somewhere of what ones exist.

Nobody wrote: »
    I came across them in both Kmart and TRU, TRU was $2 more expensive across the board.

I've seen them in Go! Games stores too (if you have those in your area) at around the same price as TRU.

Never seen a Go! Games before so probably none around here. There used to be other toy stores around here but I never realized how much Target, Walmart, Amazon, Internet has cut down on the smaller shops and inventory.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular

I am hoping there are official versions of the entire idw cast. Looking forward to the rewind with the headcam for example. There's gotta be a list out there somewhere of what ones exist.
    Get ready to be disappointed, then. We get some luck every now and then (Brainstorm and Swerve come to mind), but for every one of those, we get two or three Blackjack-as-Rodimus repaints.

8aVThp6.png
This discussion has been closed.