As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, February 5, 2016 - Exclusivity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, February 5, 2016 - Exclusivity

Exclusivity

Exclusivity

http://campcomic.com/comic/288

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Aw, I want to give Braden a hug. Bunch a jerks. He needs to hang out with the trio more. Wasn't the camp really impressed with his notches at the talent show? How quickly they forget.

I'm debating whether Malachi's plan for the library is brilliant or exactly what Linus wants.

• Mountain LionMountain Lion Registered User new member
    Hope there's enough books to go around.

• FlaxSeedFlaxSeed Registered User regular
    ah, the forbidden fruit strategy. Usually works, well done,Malachi. And I want to congratulate Katie, the expressions of the characters keep getting better and better. Well done!

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    This comic reminds me of "Night at the Roxbury." With the exclusivity of clubs, and it reminded me of one pitch they had where the club was outside in the waiting line.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    It's horrible... I can't find the cat!

EDIT: Oh crap, I just found it, nevermind. It looks like reverse psychology does work on kitty cats.

Dublin on
  • AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    So often I've wanted to put those signs out in front of the library where I work, but the Director won't let me. Can't they see? If we don't let them in, they won't ruin the books! Everything will stay nice and neat....yes.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    "Fahrenheit 51"

obscurity saved it last year, but this year's great bonfire ...
    the bibliotek burns!

way to go, Malachi

edited February 2016
    Ginormous wrote: »
    This comic reminds me of "Night at the Roxbury." With the exclusivity of clubs, and it reminded me of one pitch they had where the club was outside in the waiting line.

No one can see or hear it, but I'm singing What is Love and doing the head bob to the beat.

It was also a plot on South Park. Cartman buys an amusement park, bans everyone but himself, driving up the demand to get in. Other places start copying it due to its success.

briguy on
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    All these library advertising comics are making me think of Homer Simpson firing a shotgun into the air to "advertise" the bowling alley. ;)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    And now comes the appeal to adolescent rebellion. Also very American and very successful there.

• metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    My first thought is that he decided he didn't want all the people and problems, then I realized he was just doing this because of the first part of the statement that he only wanted to get in because they wouldn't let him.

• d20 despotd20 despot Registered User new member
    My favorite is the sign that just says 'No'.

• faeoorifaeoori Registered User new member
    I wonder what was torn apart to make those signs...

faeoori wrote: »
    I wonder what was torn apart to make those signs...

Probably the outhouse doors again.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    It's probably best that nobody comes in. With the supply drops being so unpredictable I imagine there's a shortage of toilet paper in the camp. All those books and their paper would make a tempting target for... ah... repurposing.

Sarge on
  • WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    I kinda feel bad for Braden. Being excluded from social circles, especially as a kid must be absolute torture. In a way, I can relate (I wasn't the most popular guy at my secondary school , but I still had my usual group of friends). I never really used to get outright bullied though, so I can't put myself into the situation of the thousands of kids like him in the States who probably feel that they have nobody to turn to for help, never to feel accepted or loved by any peer group. I guess if the loneliness becomes too much to bear, it can be brutal, but is there any real way to combat bullying without making it worse for the victim in question? What are your thoughts?

• SavannahLionSavannahLion Registered User regular
    What is it that Braden is not allowed in? Now I want to see what's going on in there. Who cares about the library?

edited February 2016
    Maybe they're all sick and trying to keep MolebertBraden from catching it, too.

briguy on
  • SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I thought all spare boards were burned in the beacon
    http://campcomic.com/comic/173