As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX Afterhours] Party Zones

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited November 2007 in PAX Archive
The subject of party floors has been brought up, so I thought I'd make this thread for it. It feels good to make a thread in here, dead as it's been. It may be barely verging on Halloween outside, but it may as well be the dead of winter in here. Now, this thread in no way guarantees that party floors will exist next year. This is merely a discussion on the matter, and maybe some hypothetical situations. Mike Fehlauer spoke briefly on the subject of party floors in the Hotel Feedback thread, a link to his whole post is below with the quote.
Party floors: I've requested exactly this, and every time the response has been "we aren't able to place specific reservations into specific rooms". This boggled my mind--someone could make a killing by developing software that allowed the user to choose their room reservation with airplane-seat-reservation-style precision. So if the hotels aren't able to set aside a party floor, perhaps we can set up a party hotel. Maybe one of the smaller ones, like the Roosevelt.

If (and believe me I stress the if) party floors or (more likely) a party hotel is workable, who among you would join us? Being a part of the floor or hotel (heretofore referred to as the Party Zones) would mean that you would be comfortable with the sounds of parties happening, potentially all night long, in one or more of the rooms near yours.

Vote and discuss.

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    petfishpetfish Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man. If I were attending PAX, I would totally want to be in a party area. Actually, if I weren't a total workaholic I'd be there, too, unfortunately any time spent in a hotel during PAX means sleep-time to me. I bet there's some other Enforcers who'd be interested in this, though.

This sounds really awesome, guys.

petfish on
    <khoo> PAX WAS LIKE A ZILLION DAYS
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm going to have to agree with petfish. When I see a bed, I intend to pass out on it. And not from drunkenness.

I'll be more than happy to visit a party room, however. :-D

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sounds perfect for Day Zero if you choose a hotel with TVs that have console-ready hookups.
    Room after room of gaming on one floor. Man, that sounds like a worthwhile pursuit even if PAX wasn't in town.

I'm in.

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My staying in the party wing depends entirely on whether or not I'll be taking my daughter with me next year.

If not I'd love to stay in with all the fun and people, but drinking soda and playing pokemon with a 10 year old in a room smack in the middle of party central would just be awkward for everyone.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It sounds like a good idea... if I was going to PAX to have a good time. I thought I was going to go this time and have a good time, but work and the Omegathon got in the way. Oh well. I have no clue next year what's going to be going on, but I would be all for it if I'm able to.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I would totally probably be in for this..
    If I am an Enforcer next year, like I hope to be, I may still be totally down for this.
    I can probably guarantee that I will have/will be making cookies.. so a microwave would be nice to go along with those console-ready TVs.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll still be old, but I'll be ready to throw down.

And I can sleep through anything anyway.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Green Tortoise hostel I stayed in, let us drink in their common area whenever we wanted. They even threw a free keg party for everyone while I stayed there. It's only $26 a night and it would be easy to book a huge section of the hostel as they're very accommodating.

Not only that, but it's across the street from Pike St. Market and 4 or 5 blocks from the PAX convention center.

They let us use their big screen for Goldeneye.

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That Green Tortoise sounds like it just might be the place. hamburger helper, did you connect with the management of that place/could you do a quick email introduction? I'm happy contacting them out of the blue, but it'd have more of an impact if a previous guest initiated a conversation.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd be happy contacting them again, I wouldn't say I'm tight with the management. I just spoke with the staff whenever I needed something. They're really chill and respond to emails quickly. I guess we'd need an approximation of numbers attending to get the ball rolling

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Willing to contribute in any way possible.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Two words.

'Yes' and 'Hell'. I leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine their ordering.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Game system hookups is a definite plus. I hated what they did to the TV's at the Sheraton. I will find hack around that If I must for next year.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    From my experiences, it seems that only half of the Sheraton's TVs are new flat panels with the proper inputs while the other half are old CRTs with blocked off ports. Hopefully they'll have upgraded all of their TVs before next year.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.