As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Well, I've been taking my sweet time posting anything so it's my bad.

Uncertain of this Sarkan's identity, Dade fell back on one of his oldest techniques - strategic inebriation. Exhaling hard enough that the Sarkan could taste the alcohol, Dade ever so slightly slurred his words, "Heey, friend. I'm not sso shure I'm in the right place. Lasst I knew I was told to leave the canntina and I've been trrying to get home sinnce. Halp a brother out? Life hass been hard since that bootiful barkeep sicced her bouncer on me!"

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Go ahead and roll Deception against 2 purples

Geth roll 2eP+1eA+2eD for Deception

Deception:
    2eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes [2eP=S/A, S/S] [1eA=S/S] [2eD=F/Th, -]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    you deceitful mofugga

3basnids3lf9.jpg

An awesome roll. Tonight is table game so I will try to get a post up after

Same for me. I'm the worst DM, I haven't prepared![/color]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Dade

The Sarkan relaxed visibly, his hand coming out of his pocket. He made a little gesture with his other hand. "I know the feeling ssstranger," he remarked. "You mussst be talking about Xanya." He spat the name out as though trying to cleanse his mouth of a bad taste. "Ssshe is a devil through and through." The reptilian humanoid shrugged and scanned around. "You ssshould probably move along though, friend. Thisss isss private property after all."

/poke @Fuselage

Dade shrugged and glanced around for an exit with his glazed eyes, "Never got her name, as forward talking as I was. Well, I'll be seeing you!" With that he turned to the direction of the opened door, but plausibly close to where he thought the exit might be.

I was about to post the other night but my phone died and I passed out. I'm fired.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    I forgive you because you just made the best move :evil:

I can't wait to figure out what that means!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    fight fight fight!!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

This week I got rolled over at work so creativity is hard to come by. Will have a post up tonight or tomorrow for sure

we ain't going nowhere

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Dade

Dade made his way toward the maintenance door he thought he'd heard open. As he stumbled toward it he heard a commlink beep from the direction he'd left.

He tried the door. Locked.

The Sarkan rounded the corner, pistol drawn in one hand, commlink in the other. "Give it to me," he said.

DMed into the wee hours last night...oof. Which Sarkan rounded the corner, the mysterious door opener or the friendly fellow?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    The latter

Looks like this friendly fellow

is a fiendly fellow

:cool:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Dade turned slowly to the sound of the Sarkan's voice, hands up and level with his head, shoulder width apart. He still attempted to feign drunkenness while preparing his body for an altercation. He kept very well aware of his lightsaber's position, understanding that he'd need to pull it quickly if this situation worsened more than it already had.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Dade

The reptilian humanoid put a blaster shot at the ground in between Dade's legs. "Give me the cccylinder, human. I won't asssk politely again."

edited February 2016
    @Fuselage - you can attempt a social roll here at these difficulties:

Charm - 2 red 1 purple 1 black
    Deception - 2 red 1 purple 2 black
    Coercion - 2 red 1 purple, plus two boosts if you reveal you're a Jedi

You could also dissuade him through other, more violent means (standard combat check) though you will likely take some conflict (The Renegade option)

Super Namicchi on
    I was wondering if the Influence force power would work in this situation...

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    It absolutely would if you have the Emotion/Belief upgrade

Crap, only have the Magnitude upgrade.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Pop pop

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Let's take the Deception option, which was followed closely by the Lightsaber option - but I don't want to kill anyone I don't have to...until I have to. The odds are not in my favor.

Geth, roll 2eP+1eA+2eC+1eD+1eS for Deception

Deception:
    2eP+1eA+2eC+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage [2eP=S/S, A/A] [1eA=S/A] [2eC=F/F, Th] [1eD=F/Th] [1eS=-]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Oh myyy

Please narrate an appropriate "we're fine, we're all fine here now... how are you?" moment

Dade let out a sigh ending in a hiccup, shrugging again at the Sarkan. "I don't have any more smokes, if that's what you're asking. Why don't we just calm down with the blasting and reach a mutually beneficial conclusion, friend?"

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Dade

The Sarkan gestured with the gun. "I know you're the courier, human. Placcce the cylinder on the ground and walk away. It would be unfortunate if Xanya lossst her errand boy."

You're not making this easy for me...do I give it up or lightsaber this fool?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png

Given the stakes at place and avoiding indiscriminate violence, Dade dropped the act and stared into the sarkan's eyes. "I will give you what you desire if you promise me safe passage. I respect the craft behind Sienar, and both of our lives. I have no quarrel with you."

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Dade

The Sarkan nodded and gestured with his blaster to the ground. "Placcce it on the ground and you may go. Perhapsss Xanya will be... underssstanding."

There was a glint in the reptilian's eye and a smirk on his maw that did not put the Jedi at ease.

Upon greeting that scaled smirk, Dade truly considered lashing out with a Soresu strike, but calmed himself. Calling attention to a cauterized limb wouldn't be prudent this early in his mission, and he couldn't help but see Dermond's judgement. He carefully removed the cylinder from a concealed pocket and bent down to lay it gently on the floor. Another thought to quickly disarm the sarkan crossed his mind, but Dade stood back up and dusted his hands off, signifying that he was finished. A split second later, he nudged the cylinder with his boot in order to let it roll across the floor to his almost-friend.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Force push the cylinder when he's about to pick it up, just to be a dick

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Dade

The Sarkan nodded and picked up the cylinder, backing away slowly. "Appreccciate doing busssinesssss with you. Give my regardsss to Xanya," he said, saluting with the blaster before rounding the corner.

What's the plan, @Fuselage ? Just give me an indicator and I'll narrate the scene transition.

I figure sneaking out of there and getting back to the room to relay the story to Dermond would make the most sense. He'd emphasize the "but I didn't really do TOO much bad stuff" angle to his brother.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Lol going to leave Xanya in the lurch?

"Xanya will remember this..."