As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Cravin’

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Cravin’

Cravin’

Cravin’

http://campcomic.com/comic/289

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I laughed so hard at scared Steven.

• Options
    You can just hear the high pitched scream he's definitely making.

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm reminded of The Simpsons first entering the Japanese Sushi restaurant. Their reaction, and the excitement for which the proprietor has when they receive a guest.

• Options
    mturner23462mturner23462 Registered User regular
    Am I the only one who checked for a pee spot on the pants there?

• Options
    Am I the only one who checked for a pee spot on the pants there?

Nope. I checked, too.

• Options
    CampWguy2065CampWguy2065 Registered User regular
    Aren't I the only one who feels bad for their jumpscare?

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

• Options
    Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    I love Steve so much! He's like a little marshmallow with legs.

• Options
    TrumppollTrumppoll Registered User new member
    I laughed so hard at those last 2 panels.

• Options
    captainpyro21captainpyro21 Registered User regular
    I always love the double entendres in your comic titles.

• Options
    seaofstarstuffseaofstarstuff Registered User new member
    This made me laugh so hard (^.^) For some reason, I read Malachi in Gumball's voice from "The Amazing World of Gumball"

• Options
    Genuine FiberGenuine Fiber Registered User new member
    HEYBARTLETMECUTYOUABROWNIEBEFOREBED

As a librarian I am loving this storyline

• Options
    SanderloSanderlo Registered User regular
    How can he keep doing it so wrong!

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    If the polar opposite of subliminal is superliminal then Malachi's tactics are superliminal... but also super failures.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I always love the double entendres in your comic titles.
    amen
    and today's is an especially delicious and apt one

not to insult anyone's intelligence, but for those that are wondering (such as, if English isn't your first language)
    the title "cravin'" ( = craving ) as in Steve is seeking danger, has the same pronunciation as "craven" which means cowardly and is what Steve displays when he finds "danger"

• Options
    WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    Fear is always a powerful weapon. It can destroy your sense of safety and peace of mind. With that being said, I pose this question to all my fellow readers/commenters: What is the most disturbing thing you've ever seen or witnessed in real life? It can be anything, name it. For me, it would have to be most of the pages in a French graphic novel called "Jolies Tenebres". It's basically about a group of tiny cartoon-like spirits who leave the decaying body of a little girl and seek shelter in the wilderness....sum real Lord of the Flies stuff, man... O.o

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I had never seen the word craven until I read Game of Thrones, but it's easily my favorite word for cowardly.

briguy on
  • Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Fear is always a powerful weapon. It can destroy your sense of safety and peace of mind. With that being said, I pose this question to all my fellow readers/commenters: What is the most disturbing thing you've ever seen or witnessed in real life? It can be anything, name it. For me, it would have to be most of the pages in a French graphic novel called "Jolies Tenebres". It's basically about a group of tiny cartoon-like spirits who leave the decaying body of a little girl and seek shelter in the wilderness....sum real Lord of the Flies stuff, man... O.o

One of my favorite comics! I love the combination of cute and disturbing. Beautiful stuff.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Oh, that reminds of Peter Pan by Loisel.
    Beautiful art.
    It's a prequel to Peter Pan. A rather dark take as the kids escape to Neverland because of the abuse.

Spoiler for a twist, part that I found particularly horrifying
    One girl goes with the Lost Boys. Tinker Bell gets jealous of her and causes her to get eaten by the croc. She is crushed by its massive jaws.

It's very good and recently translated to English.

briguy on
  • Options
    KatieJRice wrote: »

One of my favorite comics! I love the combination of cute and disturbing. Beautiful stuff.

Were the twins design inspired by it?

• Options
    Yes, I'd say Kerascoët is one of my biggest artistic influences I've had in recent times. Love love love!

• Options
    DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The scariest thing I've ever seen or experienced, eh, Briguy?

I think the scariest thing that ever happened to me was a little something that experts refer to as a "False Awakening".

Which, by itself, isn't all that horrible.

... except mine wasn't JUST a False Awakening.

It was a False Awakening of a False Awakening of a False Awakening of a False Awakening.

I literally had a dream where I constantly woke up into another dream about waking up and going about my day normally, only to wake up again. At one point I started getting lucid enough to realize I'm PROBABLY NEVER GOING TO WAKE UP FOR REALS.

I almost cried.

... but of COURSE I'm WAY too tough for THAT... </Steve>

DJFlare84 on
  • Options
    seemikehackseemikehack Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Long time listener, first time caller. My scariest moments are these dreams I keep having about all of my teeth falling out.

So I recently had Invisalign braces, and I read some of stuff online about a couple of people saying they felt like their teeth were "loose" with the standard treatment of two weeks per aligner, so their orthodontist advised them to wear the aligners an extra week for a few sets, then go back to two weeks per and see if that solved the problem. I never had this issue, but it stuck with me.

Fast forward some number of months: I'm done with the treatment and am advised to wear my last aligner as a retainer nightly. At some point I slacked off with the nightly wear, and my wife admonished me, saying we spent a lot of money on my teeth and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. I know she's right, but keeping them clean and not eating or drinking anything after they're in, and complain complain complain, and I let it slide.

Then I started having the dreams. They are always semi-lucid, and at one point, apropos of nothing, I feel something hard and lumpy floating around in my mouth, taste something wet and warm and coppery. I spit it out. There's so much blood, and OH MY GOSH IS THAT A TOOTH?! One of my teeth?! Why is there so much blood?! Oh my gosh, I think I feel another one, you can't be serious, it is, it's another tooth! Oh gosh, I'm gagging on the blood, I can't get it all down or out fast enough, because there's all these teeth mingled in with the blood! I need someone to look at my mouth and tell me this is not real, but oh my gosh, listen to me SPEAK now, I have no teeth, oh, where's a mirror, OH MY GOSH I have SIX TEETH LEFT in my MOUTH, why did they fall out so unevenly?! I don't have any MOLARS, I don't have my INCISORS, how can I even chew anything?! I'm only 28 years old and I have no teeth! Is this because I wasn't wearing my retai--

I wake up, in a cold sweat, almost in tears, head straight to the bathroom and wiggle every last one of my teeth, HARD, and I put my retainer in. I do this for a couple of months, and then I slack off again, and then the dreams.

Guys. Wear your retainers.

seemikehack on
  • Options
    KaenKaen Registered User regular
    You really should have just released Dream from your basement when your father croaked, DJFlare, maybe then he wouldn't have cursed you like that.

• Options
    @seemikehack
    That's freaky.
    I've had a bonding on one tooth since I was a kid and it was split in half, and I've had dreams about that tooth falling out or the bonding breaking, but never just my teeth in general falling out.
    I don't know if I could go back to sleep if I had that dream.

• Options
    Angie.DeeAngie.Dee Registered User new member
    Anyone else thinkin' 5 nights at Malachi's? :D

• Options
    cmgreenecmgreene Registered User regular
    ( =

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    ARE WE TALKING ABOUT DREAMS?! OH MY GOSH I HAVE SO MANY!

@DJFlare84 I actually had one of those nesting dreams the other day. I nodded off while at work and kept dreaming that someone kept coming in to wake me up. It was always someone different and it wasn't until I "wake up" in the next layer that I realized I was still asleep in the previous one. I never felt any fear, but after about five layers of those, I realized "Okay, I need to wake up for real before I get fired" and I managed it that time.

As for nightmares, I don't exactly have many of those. The only dreams that legitimately scared me was that one with the golden monkey statue that teleported me to the creature in the cave (I already described that one in detail in "Rest Assured") and one where I was hanging off the side of a mountain. But here's the thing: it wasn't the cliff or the possible fall that scared me. I was actually chill with the whole situation until I happened to look at my watch and realize "KDSFJIGISHGSE I'M LATE FOR SCHOOL!!!" ...My priorities might be a little off...

Now that I think about it, maybe the reason I don't have nightmares is because I don't often dream about myself as a participant. It's as if I'm watching a movie, TV, reading a comic book... I am an outright wuss when it comes to watching scary vids, but in dreams, for some reason I just get excited and thrilled when watching something scary. Dunno why.

• Options
    My nightmares have been fairly mundane recently.
    My car's brakes don't work and i just go speeding out of control. I usually hit stuff and damage my car, but just keep going and I don't get injured, so I guess that's good. I hate driving and getting in an accident is a pretty big fear.

Also dreams of being in my underwear or naked in public. No one else seems to notice or care though. I mainly spend the dream trying to find clothes.

Scariest dreams are the ones that seem real. Like when I think there's someone in my house or outside my window. Usually I'm a half-awake state so I'm in my room and it seems so real. And when I wake up I have to check everything because I swear it was happening.

• Options
    briguy wrote: »
    Scariest dreams are the ones that seem real. Like when I think there's someone in my house or outside my window. Usually I'm a half-awake state so I'm in my room and it seems so real. And when I wake up I have to check everything because I swear it was happening.

That sounds a bit like sleep paralysis, which can be really scary. I went through a period of time where I got them whenever I napped. I don't nap anymore! O__O;

• Options
    KatieJRice wrote: »
    briguy wrote: »

That sounds a bit like sleep paralysis, which can be really scary. I went through a period of time where I got them whenever I napped. I don't nap anymore! O__O;

Oh yeah. Reading up on it sounds a lot like it.