As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Steam [Phalla] Sale

• Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    DasUberEdward works.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    dragon

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Switching to Vig vote

dragonnumbers

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Vote is closed. Narration incoming.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited February 2016
    Night 3: Inactivus Hungers - Run, Coward!

The system had a penchant for going down during a large sale. It never failed. By the time the administrator had gotten the system back online, he realized it had inadvertently cost the database five completely innocent users.

Oh well, they'd be easily replaced.

The system recovering hardly fixed all known issues, though. Raiden333's account was listed as compromised shortly thereafter. Another attempt was made against a random user, but it looked like customer support had finally been on point for once. It also helped with minimizing user refunds, and thus keeping the bottom line intact.

chamberlain had been banned as well, though none could say for sure why. The most popular speculation was that the user's favored game in question simply creeped users out. It seemed it was with good reason, because his was an account that was most certainly not natural in origin.

The same could be said of Phyphor's profile. No one knew how his account was obliterated, but the end result was appealing; one less infiltration to contend with.

Dragon6860 was removed by popular demand. It was an unfortunate loss, but there were still 6,859 more, if account statistics were to be believed.

jdarksun and KetBra's accounts had been removed due to inactivity. The Newell demanded active service for community participation, and backlog hoarders were to be dealt with summarily.

This was bound to have a significant impact on user contributions, that was for sure. If this cost the sale any more profit, the Newell would be surely pissed.

Well, assuming disembodied spirits were subject to such emotions, anyway.

The Dead

Dragon6860 - Steam User: The Vote
    chamberlain - Gamespot Employee: Banned
    Raiden333 - Steam User: CS:Gogogo
    Phyphor - Gamespot Employee: Original Play
    KetBra - Steam User: Inactivus
    jdarksun - Steam User: Inactivus

Inactivity warning for @Cantide, @Cythraul, @38thDoe, and @premium.

PMs are going out. Please refrain from discussion until all PMs are dispensed.

Baidol on
    All PMs are out. If you were expecting a PM, but did not receive one, please contact me.

Day 4 ends tomorrow, February 9, at 10:00 PM CST.

• CantideCantide Registered User regular
    I'm sorry for my inactivity today. Some personal stuff came up and took up my evening.

• DeamonIzualDeamonIzual Registered User regular
    Day 1
    Kwoaru [5] - Cythraul (23), Dragon6860 (24), Raiden333 (25), JusticeforPluto (27), KetBra(33)
    Sir Fabulous [4] - JusticeforPluto (1), 38thDoe (6)(13), Kwoaru (21), jdarksun (31), Auralynx (32)
    Auralynx [3] - premium (14), simulacrum (18), chamberlain (19), Kwoaru (20)
    JusticeforPluto [3] - SLyM (8), Phyphor (23), MrTLicious (26)
    KetBra [2] - JPants (11), AustinP0027 (12)
    premium [2] - Zombie Hero (9), schuss (15)
    Phyphor [2] - Sir Fabulous (5), Wildcat (29)
    Zombie Hero [1] - Gizzy (3), LostNinja (10)
    JPants [1] - Assuran (2)
    LostNinja [1] - Cantide (4)
    schuss [1] - Heffling (7)
    Gizzy [1] - Bedlam (17)
    Preda [1] - JaysonFour (22)
    Cantide [1] - DeamonIzual (28)
    chamberlain [1] - LostNinja (30)
    JaysonFour [0] - Kwoaru (16)

Not voted: Preda, McKid, DasUberEdward,

Day 2
    Dragon6860 [8] - Wildcat (1), DasUberEdward (2), Auralynx (13), Zombie Hero (14), JPants (15), schuss (16), chamberlain (22), McKid (23)
    Auralynx [8] - Bedlam (5), Cantide (7), Raiden333 (9), simulacrum (10), JusticeforPluto (12), Phyphor (18), premium (24), gizzy (25)
    Raiden333 [6] - LostNinja (4), Heffling (11), AustinP0027 (17), DeamonIzual (19), Cythraul (20), 38thDoe (21)
    JusticeForPluto [1] - Preda (3)
    DasUberEdward [1] - SLyM (6)
    SLyM [1] - schuss (8)

Did not vote: Dragon6860, jdarksun, KetBra

Day 3
    Dragon6860 [9] - Preda (1), Heffling (2), AustinP027 (3), McKid (4), DasUberEdward (6), chamberlain (9), Raiden333 (11), Gizzy (16), JusticeforPluto (17)
    DasUberEdward [5] - JPants (8), SLyM (10), DeamonIzual (12), Zombie Hero (13), JusticeforPluto (14), Dragon6860 (15)
    Phyphor [1] - Bedlam (7)
    Preda [0] - Dragon6860 (5),

Did not vote: KetBra, jdarksun, Cantide, Cythraul, 38thDoe, premium

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    oooOOoOOooOOOooOOOoooo

Still better that the real GameStop treated me when I worked there.

ooOoOooOOoooOOOoOOooooO

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Seven (7) of the remaining fifteen (15) players have been inactive at least once (Preda, McKid, DasUberEdward, Cantide, Cythraul, 38thDoe, Premium). That makes it really hard to do perform a vote analysis, but based on the information available I recommend hitting JusticeforPluto.

If he turns out Mafia, DasUberEdward is probably also mafia.

Reasons for voting JFP: He's been on the bandwagon every day, jumping in at mid or late in the bandwagon. He's changed votes twice, going from one bandwagon to another, at the end of the day.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I feel like Bedlam has been playing differently than usual this game and now hes got that one off vote on phyphor

premium wrote: »
    I feel like Bedlam has been playing differently than usual this game and now hes got that one off vote on phyphor

I was actually just about to say the same thing, after looking at the voting records. Once Dragon's bandwagon had a bunch of votes on it, Bedlam might have decided it was safer to waste a vote on a mafia member than join a lynching he knew would be village.

Which is to say

Bedlam

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I also kinda want to see what color slym bleeds just because it would be funny if all 3 votes on JfP day 1 were mafias

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I don't like the bedlam idea exactly fro the double mafia vote day 1.

Might be worth tapping JfP

Bedlam's vote on day 3 strikes me as the least suspicious on that day, because he was the only person willing not to go for a bandwagon vote. Mafia generally doesn't want to stand out.

Looking at the vote record again, JFP was voted on by two Mafia members on day 1. I can see one mafia voting for another when it's safe, but not two (as it could turn into a bandwagon easily on day 1).

Preda didn't vote day 1, which I hate. Then threw away his vote on day 2 on JFP. On day 3 he started the bandwagon on a villager.

Question for the more regular players: Has it become typical for specials and/or mafia not to post a vote at some point, so as to obfuscate their vote record?

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Heffling wrote: »
    Question for the more regular players: Has it become typical for specials and/or mafia not to post a vote at some point, so as to obfuscate their vote record?

It's been typical of a lot of people to not post a vote over the last year or so. I have a pet theory that it started when weekends became long days, and the break in play removed the immersion of a lot of players.

I mean, we've had about three inactivus warnings per day.

Edit: but it's more likely that everyone started having families and not enough new players were brought in to keep the constant phalla party going.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'm going to start out by nominating Premium, but I'll probably be around later if that doesn't pick up steam.

Premium

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    If he turns out Mafia, DasUberEdward is probably also mafia.

What's the reasoning behind that link?
    Edit - the above is referring to JFP

JPants on
    That JFP voted for DUE, then changed to Dragon late in the day. It strikes me as "let me throw away my vote on another mafia so if he is outed later I can say I voted for him" followed by "the vote is getting too close to hitting DUE".

As I said though, I changed my mind on JFP. That doesn't necessarily clear DUE.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Cythraul

Missed the vote yesterday and voted for Raiden Day 2 (no mafia found in that wagon yet). Don't really remember them being too active at all this game actually.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    That JFP voted for DUE, then changed to Dragon late in the day. It strikes me as "let me throw away my vote on another mafia so if he is outed later I can say I voted for him" followed by "the vote is getting too close to hitting DUE".

As I said though, I changed my mind on JFP. That doesn't necessarily clear DUE.

This is the logic that I'm tracking, but it pushes me towards voting DUE.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Sorry for the missed vote, things are suddenly going to be very busy this week at work and I'm getting a lot less desk time than I previously thought.

I'll take a look and see what I can come up with!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Cantide wrote: »
    premium wrote: »

I was actually just about to say the same thing, after looking at the voting records. Once Dragon's bandwagon had a bunch of votes on it, Bedlam might have decided it was safer to waste a vote on a mafia member than join a lynching he knew would be village.
    This is literally the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Mafia love to sheep in wagons. I prefer to think for myself.

Living Folks - 16
    6. Preda
    8. SLyM
    9. McKid
    11. JusticeforPluto
    13. Heffling
    14. Bedlam
    15. Gizzy
    17. DeamonIzual
    18. Zombie Hero
    20. premium
    21. AustinP0027
    22. JPants
    25. Cantide
    26. 38thDoe
    27. DasUberEdward
    31. Cythraul

Killed by The Vote
    Kwoaru - Steam User: The Vote
    Auralynx - Steam User: The Vote
    Dragon6860 - Steam User: The Vote

Killed by The Mafia
    Assuran - Steam User: Steamguard Shmeamguard
    Sir Fabulous - Steam User: Missing Hats
    Wildcat - Steam User: Cache Backdoor
    LostNinja - Steam User: Crates on crates on crates
    Raiden333 - Steam User: CS:Gogogo

Killed by The Vig
    MrTLicious - Gamespot Employee: Banned
    simulacrum - Steam User: Banned
    chamberlain - Gamespot Employee: Banned

Killed by The Serial Killer
    Jayson Four - Steam User: Hostile Takeover
    schuss - Steam User: Corporate Infidelity
    Phyphor - Gamespot Employee: Original Play

Inactivus Hungers
    KetBra - Steam User: Inactivus
    jdarksun - Steam User: Inactivus

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I like SLyM for lack of activity and substance, which is hypocritical given my own activity but all I can do as I've just been summoned by the company Controller to configure some addin for Forecaster. Right now.

I'll be back >.<

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Bedlam wrote: »

This is literally the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Mafia love to sheep in wagons. I prefer to think for myself.

OBJECTION

(I'm at work and also too lazy to go finding a Phoenix Wright gif, so please imagine one here)

Mafia do this sort of thing all the time. As evidence, take a look at the voting records for the last non-faction Phalla around here, "A is for [phalla]". I didn't participate in this particular game, and knew nothing about it, and yet...

Voting records (updated slightly to add the surviving mafia):
    Preda wrote: »
    Damn I'm late and that happens...

Count. Day till 3 Were done by gizzy.

Day 1

3 vertroue - Phyphor, JusticeforPluto, Smoove Operator
    2 Matev - MrT, SLyM,
    2 Gizzy - netgremlin, Discrider
    2 Smoove Operator - Ebum, jdarksun
    2 ObiFett - precisionk, Kime
    2 Phyphor - vertroue, McKid
    1 premium - Auralynx
    1 Langly - TRV
    1 SLyM - precisionk, AustinP
    1 Ebum - LostNinja
    1 Auralynx - premium
    1 netgremlin - Gizzy
    1 Jdarksun - Grunt’s Ghosts
    1 precisionk - ObiFett
    1 LostNinja - Deamonizual
    1 Kime - Cythraul
    0 TRV - Smoove Operator

Day 2

6 Jdarksun - Ebum, TRV, Gizzy, netgremlin, Dragon, AustinP, LostNinja , McKid
    3 TRV - Langly, Jdarksun, Grunt’s Ghosts
    3 Ebum - MrT, JusticeforPluto, premium
    3 Dragon - Kime, Auralynx, Ebum
    2 JusticeforPluto - Discrider, Matev
    2 AustinP - Phyphor, SLyM
    1 Phyphor - AustinP
    0 Smoove Operator - netgremlin

Day 3

6 McKid - premium, Phyphor, netgremlin, JusticforPluto, Grunt’s Ghosts, Dragon,
    5 Dragon - MrT, Smoove Operator, Kime, Discrider, Auralynx, McKid
    2 LostNinja - precisionk, Gizzy
    1 JusticeforPluto - LostNinja ,
    1 Gizzy - AustinP
    1 Discrider - Matev
    1 netgremlin - Smoove Operator, Auralynx
    0 MrT - Discrider

Day 4

6 netgremlin - Smoove Operator (4), AustinP (6), LostNinja (8), JfP (11), Gizzy (12), Phyphor (13),
    2 LostNinja - premium (5), Gizzy (7), Dragon (9),
    1 Dragon - precisionk (1),
    1 Gizzy - netgremlin (3),
    1 Kime- Matev (10),
    0 premium - Gizzy (2),

Not voted: Kime

Day 5

4 LostNinja - precisionk (2), AustinP (4), JfP (5), premium (6),
    2 JfP- Kime (3), LostNinja (7),
    0 premium - LostNinja (1),

Not Voted: Phyphor, Dragon

Boy, look at all those examples of red names avoiding the daily bandwagons. I guess someone should tell discrider, precisionk, MrTLicious, AustinP0027, and premium that their victory that game was invalid, because apparently they were frequently doing literally the dumbest thing ever.

Cantide

Current vote is pretty spread out. I like the reasoning behind JfP and his jumping but I also feel that Bedlam's reaction to Cantide's opinion is a bit over the top. Think I'll go with JusticeforPluto right now.

Bedlam [2] - premium (2), Cantide (3)
    JusticeforPluto [2] - Heffling (1), Preda (4), DeamonIzual (11)
    Preda [1] - Heffling (5)
    premium [1] - Zombie Hero (6)
    Cythraul [1] - JPants (7)
    DasUberEdward [1] - AustinP027 (8)
    SLyM [1] - Cythraul (9)
    Cantide [1] - Bedlam (10)

Im tired and I feel like he is straw manning me a bit. A spite vote is not a great idea but he has also never voted for a mafia member.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I was on the bandwagon last night, but only after Grizz voted which I took as a village call.

Going to go with Preda

edited February 2016
    Im tired and I feel like he is straw manning me a bit. A spite vote is not a great idea but he has also never voted for a mafia member.

Not sure how responding to "literally the dumbest thing I ever heard" with examples of mafia engaging in the same sort of behavior you did is straw manning. I might be wrong about you. Heck, I'm probably wrong about you; my accuracy in these games is consistently terrible. But that doesn't mean my logic deserved to be met with derision.

Cantide on
    Looking at the vote records Cantide and Heffling seem to stick out for me. Both have safeish votes in bandwagons except for one offs on day 1.

Going by behavior I would suggest 38thDoe and Cythraul. They are both quieter than usual even though they've both posted reasons for it.

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    mysterious post by Gizzy

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • McKidMcKid Registered User regular
    Looking at the vote records Cantide and Heffling seem to stick out for me. Both have safeish votes in bandwagons except for one offs on day 1.

So do I and a lot of players in this game. You're really grasping at straws here to turn the vote against the person who voted against you. Bedlam[\color]

Not sure how responding to "literally the dumbest thing I ever heard" with examples of mafia engaging in the same sort of behavior you did is straw manning. I might be wrong about you. Heck, I'm probably wrong about you; my accuracy in these games is consistently terrible. But that doesn't mean my logic deserved to be met with derision.
    Well you posted a vote record to a game that neither of us was in.

Also apart from Vampire which I dropped out of I don't think Ive played a phalla in the last six months. What you are suggesting seems to be the opposite of the norm for games that I have played in.

It seems less like logic and more like Im being punished for guessing right. Which is why I fired back. Im sorry if I came off as a jerk about it, I definetly don't mean to be combative but I don't really follow your logic. It is a bit hyperbolic :P

McKid wrote: »

So do I and a lot of players in this game. You're really grasping at straws here to turn the vote against the person who voted against you. Bedlam
    At least Im making an effort.

I'll switch to Heffling but I still think there is something there. Cantide and premium were way to quick to jump on me at the begining of the day.

I cant see the reasoning for J4P. I don't have any particular reason to try and save myself. Maybe you'll listen to me after Im dead.

Probably not going to have a chance to post vote count again tonight so here it is right now:

Bedlam [3] - premium (2), Cantide (3), McKid (13)
    JusticeforPluto [2] - Heffling (1), Preda (4), DeamonIzual (11)
    Preda [2] - Heffling (5), JusticeforPluto (12)
    premium [1] - Zombie Hero (6)
    Cythraul [1] - JPants (7)
    DasUberEdward [1] - AustinP027 (8)
    SLyM [1] - Cythraul (9)
    Heffling [1] - Bedlam (14)
    Cantide [0] - Bedlam (10)