As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    anybody have experience with migrating their authenticator to a new phone? I looked around the site for a minute but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Easiest is probably to simply go through their page to remove the authenticator (while you still have it on the current phone), then remove it from phone and set it up on the new phone (assuming you have both). If not, you can contact customer service to have them remove it (I was able to do it as a FTP user coming back from a 2-3 year hiatus without any problem).

96058.png?1619393207
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that worked, good deal. I kept looking for a way to get a code to set the new one up and it never occurred to me to just remove the old one

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Companions (in plot terms) are one of the brave experiments of this game that didn't really come off. There are too many for any meaningful engagement, and very few are really memorable. I think KOTFE has the right idea by having everyone share a pool of companions.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/judge-pleads-guilty-to-ordering-defendant-shocked-with-50000-volts/
    The authorities are increasingly using stun cuffs, which are about the size of a deck of cards, at detention centers and courthouses. They are made by various companies and cost around $1,900 for a device and transmitter. Some models can shock at 80,000 volts.

So, when do we get slave collars?

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Companions (in plot terms) are one of the brave experiments of this game that didn't really come off. There are too many for any meaningful engagement, and very few are really memorable. I think KOTFE has the right idea by having everyone share a pool of companions.

And some of them you'd rather kill/abandon/etc than bring with you.

96058.png?1619393207
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to the possibility of finally being able to kill Skadge.

Donnicton wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the possibility of finally being able to kill Skadge.

Killing
    Tanno Vik

is incredibly satisfying, doubly so since the number of possible companions is so high now, who cares about losing one or two (or ten) along the way?

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    and Vik is a dick my main is a trooper and he always was a jack ass so any chance to murder that idiot is a plus. That jack off knows darn well what Shepard can do to him if he annoys her and does it anyway. Thats darwin in action.

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Bullhead wrote: »

Ugh, Broonmark. I'm a super evil sith, why the fuck would I want that stupid looking thing on my ship?

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Ugh, Broonmark. I'm a super evil sith, why the fuck would I want that stupid looking thing on my ship?

Because he's good at killing things!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Free coat if the heater breaks down?

Cambiata wrote: »

Because he's good at killing things!
    He looks like a mosquito got it on with a yeti. Everyone is pretty much dying of overwhelming embarrassment.

• JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SWTOR/status/695693696369627136

Hrmm, I might gamble some coins on packs next week. I know better, but that is a pretty cool effect!

404 not found
    Man, fashion is expensive. 3 million credits for the covert armor set (since I want to hide my hands), 26 mil for the last two pieces of Satele's armor, 6 here, 9 there...I must have spent upwards of 50 million credits in the last month.

This is why I'm poor (again).

Orca wrote: »
    Man, fashion is expensive. 3 million credits for the covert armor set (since I want to hide my hands), 26 mil for the last two pieces of Satele's armor, 6 here, 9 there...I must have spent upwards of 50 million credits in the last month.

It ain't easy being pretty. Seriously, about 90% of this game is dress up for me. Which is, I suspect, why most armor and weapons that don't look like ass are rare. It's also why Bioware is using their worst team of asset creators to make the armor for this game. The few diamonds in the rough cause us to run the treadmill of bullshit just a little longer.

Patch notes!

I think this one is my favorite: Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

Uhh guys...that was like 2 months ago!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I'm a bit confused about some KotFE stuff.
    My Trooper is 55 or so, and I'm still only on chapter 2 of my class story. Since it's my first character, I kinda want to do everything I can such as the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan stuff, but I REALLY want to do the KotFE content.
    What exactly am I locked out of if I start KotFE? Can I still do the previous expansion content? What about the macrobinocular/seeker droid/HK missions?

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Patch notes!

I think this one is my favorite: Players can no longer toggle off the “Dusted with Snowflakes” buff that is received when hit with a Snowball.

Uhh guys...that was like 2 months ago!

It does mean that next Life Day is going to be annoying for people trying to get achievements and/or gift boxes.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    My Trooper is 55 or so, and I'm still only on chapter 2 of my class story. Since it's my first character, I kinda want to do everything I can such as the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan stuff, but I REALLY want to do the KotFE content.
    What exactly am I locked out of if I start KotFE? Can I still do the previous expansion content? What about the macrobinocular/seeker droid/HK missions?

Your class story is closed off. The Hutt Cartel planetary storyline is closed off. The Shadows of Revan storyline is closed off. The Ziost storyline is closed off. (Just on that character, obviously.) All side quests, flashpoint quests, and planetary quests are still available, as are the questlines like macrobinocular/seeker droid.

Luckily I decided a while ago to try to unlock as many outfits as I could, when they came out. A lot of stuff that's pricy now was cheap and plentiful when it came out (the covert armor is the perfect example).

Unfortunately Satele's armor has been expensive since day one so I didn't get that one for my collection.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Your class story is closed off. The Hutt Cartel planetary storyline is closed off. The Shadows of Revan storyline is closed off. The Ziost storyline is closed off. (Just on that character, obviously.) All side quests, flashpoint quests, and planetary quests are still available, as are the questlines like macrobinocular/seeker droid.

Is companion stuff closed off too? I keep hearing about people losing access to conversations.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »

Is companion stuff closed off too? I keep hearing about people losing access to conversations.

Yep.

Cambiata wrote: »

Luckily I decided a while ago to try to unlock as many outfits as I could, when they came out. A lot of stuff that's pricy now was cheap and plentiful when it came out (the covert armor is the perfect example).

Unfortunately Satele's armor has been expensive since day one so I didn't get that one for my collection.

Yeah. I now wish I'd paid 300K apiece for the Havoc Squad armor, which is the lowest I ever saw it...

I just noticed this (while waiting for them to finish patching):

http://dulfy.net/2016/01/27/swtor-changes-to-cartel-market-packs-with-patch-4-1/
    Bioware is making some changes to the packs on the cartel market with patch 4.1.

Changes Coming to Packs with 4.1 | 01.27.2016, 04:06 PM

Hey folks,

As you may know, our Cartel Market team has been making constant adjustments to how packs work, since our rework in Fallen Empire. We have heard in the past few months a lot of feedback from players that they really like the functionality of the “Grand Packs.” Think of anything from the Bronze, Silver, Gold Packs to the old Grand packs we released last year. Because of this, we are making some changes to the new pack which will release with 4.1.
    Currently when you open a Cartel Market pack, this is what you receive:

2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)
    1 grade 5 or 6 Companion Gift
    1 Scrap

When you open the new Firebrand Pack in 4.1 you will receive the following:

2 items- either a new item from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) or a Grand Chance Cube (more on this in a second)
    1 Scrap

Now you are asking, what is the Grand Chance Cube? Think of it as the ultimate Grand Pack. Inside a Grand Chance Cube you have a chance to receive any available Cartel Market Pack item, including from the current Pack. Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

This change allows us to place more emphasis on the Silver and Gold items in each pack, as we are no longer building new Bronze items. Now, in place of Bronze items you will receive a Grand Chance Cube. This Cube can contain the rarest of Cartel Market selections, giving you a second chance at highly-desired items.

Due to the ongoing changes in the Cartel Market, all of this is subject to change. It is likely that more changes will follow in the future.
    Let me know if you have any questions on how these new packs work and I will work to clear up any confusion.
    -eric

Changes Coming to Packs with 4.1 | 01.28.2016, 03:43 PM

Hey folks,
    We have definitely seen a few consistent topics popping up in this thread and we want to make sure we get answers to those questions. Here they are:

How much will packs cost after these changes?
    The price will remain the same as the previous pack at 200 Cartel Coins per pack. Even with the price being the same, it is worth noting that you have a higher chance to receive Gold and Silver items than there was previously.

Are Grand Chance Cubes replacing all Bronze items in packs?
    Yes, any time you would have gotten a Bronze item in the past, you will now get a Grand Chance Cube in its place.

Is it possible that I can get two Grand Chance Cubes in one pack (meaning no new items)?
    Yes, this is possible. Just as with previous packs, it is possible to get two Bronze drops together, and in this case that means two Grand Chance Cubes. Keep in mind that you can get a new item from a Grand Chance Cube. It is even possible to get a full lootboxed version of one of the new Gold Armor Sets.

How does this change affect the drop rate on new pack items?
    The Bronze category will be less common than it was in the past. This means that there is a higher drop rate for Silver and Gold items (which are new to the pack).

What are the drop rates for Bronze, Silver, and Gold items inside of the Grand Chance Cube?
    Although we can’t go into details on specific drop rates, Silver and Gold items will be much more common in the Grand Chance Cube than they were in previous Bronze and Grand Packs.

Are Collection unlock prices going to be adjusted?
    There are no plans to adjust Collection unlock prices at this time.

Are there or more less new items in the new pack, with the removal of Bronze items?
    There are more Silver and Gold items than there were in previous packs, but less items overall with the removal of Bronze.

Thanks everyone.
    -eric

No more bronze, AKA, TIME TO JACK UP THOSE CC UNLOCK COSTS!

edited February 2016
    According to their twitter, the maintenance window has been extended for an unknown amount of time. Also, whatever they did is causing them to not distribute the patch, so no patch-and-go whenever they finish updating.

Orca on
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Increased the max grass render distance to 200 meters (up from 64). This setting can be adjusted via a new slider found in the Graphics settings.

Finally!

steam_sig.png
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016

I don't envy the techs that are trying to get this sorted out.

Commodore75 on
    Hey folks,

The team has isolated the issue, which was an unfinished Alliance Alert Mission was available. This Mission could potentially cause serious issues with a character. We are working on a solution, but have no ETA available at this time.

We apologize for the extended downtime. I will continue to pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Translation: Whoops! (I've been there, it's not fun.)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8787013#edit8787013
    Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
    Any chance we will see sorting our companions in some way (for example, by influence level) so we don't have to scroll through 50 of them to find the one we want to craft something?
    Actually, this is a perfect question. There was a missed note for 4.1 that came up internally today:

Companions are now sorted based on their Influence amount in the Crew Skill window. Your Companion with the highest influence will be at the top, while the one with the least amount of influence will be at the bottom.

Adding it now.
    Tait "pariahloki" Watson
    Fantastic!

I just noticed this (while waiting for them to finish patching):

http://dulfy.net/2016/01/27/swtor-changes-to-cartel-market-packs-with-patch-4-1/
    Bioware is making some changes to the packs on the cartel market with patch 4.1.

Changes Coming to Packs with 4.1 | 01.27.2016, 04:06 PM

Hey folks,

As you may know, our Cartel Market team has been making constant adjustments to how packs work, since our rework in Fallen Empire. We have heard in the past few months a lot of feedback from players that they really like the functionality of the “Grand Packs.” Think of anything from the Bronze, Silver, Gold Packs to the old Grand packs we released last year. Because of this, we are making some changes to the new pack which will release with 4.1.
    Currently when you open a Cartel Market pack, this is what you receive:

2 items from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc)
    1 Scrap

When you open the new Firebrand Pack in 4.1 you will receive the following:

2 items- either a new item from the pack (Mounts, Decorations, etc) or a Grand Chance Cube (more on this in a second)
    1 Scrap

Now you are asking, what is the Grand Chance Cube? Think of it as the ultimate Grand Pack. Inside a Grand Chance Cube you have a chance to receive any available Cartel Market Pack item, including from the current Pack. Also, the Grand Chance Cube acts as a Grand Pack in that if you open an Armor Lootbox, it will contain the entire armor set, not just a few pieces.

This change allows us to place more emphasis on the Silver and Gold items in each pack, as we are no longer building new Bronze items. Now, in place of Bronze items you will receive a Grand Chance Cube. This Cube can contain the rarest of Cartel Market selections, giving you a second chance at highly-desired items.

Due to the ongoing changes in the Cartel Market, all of this is subject to change. It is likely that more changes will follow in the future.
    Let me know if you have any questions on how these new packs work and I will work to clear up any confusion.
    -eric

Changes Coming to Packs with 4.1 | 01.28.2016, 03:43 PM

Hey folks,
    We have definitely seen a few consistent topics popping up in this thread and we want to make sure we get answers to those questions. Here they are:

How much will packs cost after these changes?
    The price will remain the same as the previous pack at 200 Cartel Coins per pack. Even with the price being the same, it is worth noting that you have a higher chance to receive Gold and Silver items than there was previously.

Are Grand Chance Cubes replacing all Bronze items in packs?
    Yes, any time you would have gotten a Bronze item in the past, you will now get a Grand Chance Cube in its place.

Is it possible that I can get two Grand Chance Cubes in one pack (meaning no new items)?
    Yes, this is possible. Just as with previous packs, it is possible to get two Bronze drops together, and in this case that means two Grand Chance Cubes. Keep in mind that you can get a new item from a Grand Chance Cube. It is even possible to get a full lootboxed version of one of the new Gold Armor Sets.

How does this change affect the drop rate on new pack items?
    The Bronze category will be less common than it was in the past. This means that there is a higher drop rate for Silver and Gold items (which are new to the pack).

What are the drop rates for Bronze, Silver, and Gold items inside of the Grand Chance Cube?
    Although we can’t go into details on specific drop rates, Silver and Gold items will be much more common in the Grand Chance Cube than they were in previous Bronze and Grand Packs.

Are Collection unlock prices going to be adjusted?
    There are no plans to adjust Collection unlock prices at this time.

Are there or more less new items in the new pack, with the removal of Bronze items?
    There are more Silver and Gold items than there were in previous packs, but less items overall with the removal of Bronze.

Thanks everyone.
    -eric

No more bronze, AKA, TIME TO JACK UP THOSE CC UNLOCK COSTS!

And this is what the in-game result looks like (from this reddit thread.)

Downloading Main Assets 225 16.82gb remaining (0.01kb/s)

Welp, looks like I picked the wrong day to get rid of bitraider.

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

That might be this problem. If your download stops with an obscure networking error, then keeping hit pause/play until it starts up again.

Same thing happened to me and that fixed it.

htm on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've still got bitraider and was having the same problem. I just hit the pause / play button once every few minutes, and eventually it started working again.

Oh, and the servers are up! Just logged in after noticing their twitter about it.

Yeah, that's the one. Unfortunately, it only works for about a split second before it shuts off again. I'm guessing the patch servers are probably overloaded.

C'mooooon 16.81. You can do it!

Guess I'm not playing when I get home. ..

htm wrote: »

That might be this problem. If your download stops with an obscure networking error, then keeping hit pause/play until it starts up again.

Same thing happened to me and that fixed it.

Sounds like there are a couple of possible problems.
    From here
    Hey folks,

I am seeing two issues raised in this thread, here are the issues and their solution:
    Error 310 - If you are getting error 310, please completely restart your launcher. If this doesn't resolve, wait a bit and try again. This issue will resolve itself in time.
    Slow download - If you are experiencing a slow download, please just let it finish, even if it is going slow.
    These issues are a side effect of our external network issues from this morning.

-eric
    While I didn't have any plans to play the game, I would have liked to watch Gouken stream it.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I was blackout drunk on my 65 Saboteur and ended up in some OP where the last boss had us teleporting from floating area to floating area.

Fun boss fight!

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
    the Helix Hyperpod? If so, congrats!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So chance cubes are kind of shitty. Or they were when I dropped coins on 10 of the new packs. Majority was housing items or emotes. I did get the new classic vibro off hand? SO hooray?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    That was...surprisingly not painful. Only about 15 minutes to patch.

This discussion has been closed.