As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Grove wrote: »
    Capcom really dropped the ball and should not let this opportunity to announce a new Mega Man game pass them by.

Just for knocking what sad wind is left in MN9's sails.

Mega Man Maker

They cancelled that, remember? First one to feel the axe.

Selective memory...there's still hope...

:(

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I was so looking forward to Mega Man Universe, especially since it seemed they were taking the Super Mario Maker route of including cross franchise characters like Ryu in it.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Capcom really dropped the ball and should not let this opportunity to announce a new Mega Man game pass them by.

Mega Man Maker

Why did they cancel it again? I remember playing it at NYCC and the demo seemed fun enough.
    Blew the attendants mind by finding a hidden path in the demo.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

Mega Man Maker

Why did they cancel it again? I remember playing it at NYCC and the demo seemed fun enough.

Because Capcom

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Mega Man Maker

Because they cancelled everything Mega Man the moment Inafune left.

Or as was said Because Capcpom.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Didn't Megaman powered up for the PSP have a level builder

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Maybe they cancelled it due to netcode issues

• Options
  • Options
    Turkey wrote: »
    Maybe they cancelled it due to netcode issues

That's what MegaMan.Exe is for

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Speaking of Megermans, James and Mike played some of that Mega Man Ultra homebrew today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEYerpfYFqg

Second part where he beat it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcow0rR3II8

So, the end credits is the theme song from the cartoon in 8-bit. Hahahaha

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how you picked that up, seeing as Mike never shut his mouth.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Mega Man Maker

Because they cancelled everything Mega Man the moment Inafune left.

Or as was said Because Capcpom.

"Various circumstances" I believe are the last official word.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Went to Target this morning and saw an empty spot for "Wii U Mighty No. 9". Got a good chuckle out of it.

• Options
    So Japan's getting Mega Man content for Nintendo Badge Arcade

s3uzntngbeox.jpeg
    rp1k0fz4i8c3.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    God dammit... I need all of that :cry:

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    That just made me want a Mega Man Maker even more. Think of it you could set up what Robot Masters you want to fight and mix all them for the different games. Metal Blade Vs well everything would be so much fun.

• Options
    Not sure I'd want to deal with the huge influx of spike hell levels that a Mega Man Maker would produce. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I really don't want to deal with community levels in a Mega Man maker. While Mario Maker has some stupid troll levels made by users, Mega Man had some sadistically stupid shit in their official levels, and giving players a level creator is just going to reflect off of that.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hm. I wonder if the success of Mario Maker would inspire Capcom to actually do Mega Man Maker?

Of course that would require the execs to get over their hatred of Inafune, so maybe not.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Hm. I wonder if the success of Mario Maker would inspire Capcom to actually do Mega Man Maker?

Of course that would require the execs to get over their hatred of Inafune, so maybe not.

If they legit hated Inafune, putting out a Mega Man Maker now that he's gone, after cancelling a similar concept while he was there, seems like a perfect course of action.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Dirty wrote: »

If they legit hated Inafune, putting out a Mega Man Maker now that he's gone, after cancelling a similar concept while he was there, seems like a perfect course of action.

Nah, I don't think they are *vindictive* in that way. I feel like it's sort of a Japanese pride thing. Like, Inafune was *so* associated with Mega Man and he had the audacity to leave the company (where in Japan that's a fairly shameful thing to do) that we now want nothing to do with either of them. Give them the cold shoulder so to speak.

And since it's the Japanese side that feels this way, you still have Capcom USA trying to promote Mega Man with things like the Legacy Collection and celebrations, etc. (you'll notice Legacy Collection was done by American studios).

And to clarify what I mean, it's not that they are going to abandon Mega Man, but I feel like it's a sore spot for them. Things like old ports, virtual console, etc are fine because they don't really need to get themselves involved other than approval (it's also basically free money for them which helps). But actually investing money and marketing in a big Mega Man project is probably what they are shying away from.

Anyways, that's just the way I've been reading it. I don't think Capcom is *completely* opposed to more Mega Man, but I feel like it's going to take them awhile to get over these butthurt feelings.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Nah, I don't think they are *vindictive* in that way. I feel like it's sort of a Japanese pride thing. Like, Inafune was *so* associated with Mega Man and he had the audacity to leave the company (where in Japan that's a fairly shameful thing to do) that we now want nothing to do with either of them. Give them the cold shoulder so to speak.

And since it's the Japanese side that feels this way, you still have Capcom USA trying to promote Mega Man with things like the Legacy Collection and celebrations, etc. (you'll notice Legacy Collection was done by American studios).

And to clarify what I mean, it's not that they are going to abandon Mega Man, but I feel like it's a sore spot for them. Things like old ports, virtual console, etc are fine because they don't really need to get themselves involved other than approval. But actually investing money and marketing in a big Mega Man project is probably what they are shying away from.

Anyways, that's just the way I've been reading it. I don't think Capcom is *completely* opposed to more Mega Man, but I feel like it's going to take them awhile to get over these butthurt feelings.

Plus it would essentially give Inafune credit for having the idea.

It's pretty common for projects to get killed in the movie/TV world because new execs simply don't want the old execs to get credit.

• Options

And to clarify what I mean, it's not that they are going to abandon Mega Man, but I feel like it's a sore spot for them. Things like old ports, virtual console, etc are fine because they don't really need to get themselves involved other than approval. But actually investing money and marketing in a big Mega Man project is probably what they are shying away from.

Plus it would essentially give Inafune credit for having the idea.

It's pretty common for projects to get killed in the movie/TV world because new execs simply don't want the old execs to get credit.

True. Honestly, I'm just picturing the Capcom executive board as a bunch of grumpy Yamauchis complaining about the damn kids with their RPGs and interwebs!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Not sure I'd want to deal with the huge influx of spike hell levels that a Mega Man Maker would produce. :P

Oh don't worry, if you got frustrated with those you could move on to all of the sadistic disappearing/reappearing block levels.

Viskod on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    If they did a Mega Man Maker, hopefully they would follow in Mario Maker's steps and use expanded tilesets from existing games. I have a real soft spot for the art direction in MM7.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Oh don't worry, if you got frustrated with those you could move on to all of the sadistic disappearing/reappearing block levels.

Oh god, a level that is nothing but those blocks

And you also fight 3 Proto Mans (Men?) at the same time

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Have none of you played Mega Man: Powered Up? Because it had a level creator and a way to share levels. I remember searching online for level recommendations and saved a few (wish I had saved more).

There was also a pretty strict cap to how many enemies and obstacles you could have in a single area, and sometimes getting to close to the limit could make the game slow down in those areas.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Have none of you played Mega Man: Powered Up? Because it had a level creator and a way to share levels. I remember searching online for level recommendations and saved a few (wish I had saved more).

I wanted to, but I wasn't going to buy a PSP for one game :P (well, a couple, but not enough to justify it :P)

• Options

I wanted to, but I wasn't going to buy a PSP for one game :P (well, a couple, but not enough to justify it :P)

My brother in law got deployed and left his PSP at home. I bought MMPU and enjoyed it while he got shot at.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Obligatory:

http://youtu.be/NcHR3HizRTA

http://youtu.be/RpP_BKPa5Oc

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular

There was also a pretty strict cap to how many enemies and obstacles you could have in a single area, and sometimes getting to close to the limit could make the game slow down in those areas.
    A friend of mine had Powered Up, and made a total BS level that he purposely didn't play test, which included a part where you had to jump through a two block high gap in a wall of spikes. Another friend got past that by purposely taking damage and using the temporary invulnerability to not have to worry about touching the spikes.

That inspired me to make a level made almost entirely out of spikes with enemies and hazards spaced just far enough that you would only stay invulnerable from taking damage just long enough to reach the next life saving damage dealing thing.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10687&mode=retail

GSC10687.jpg

This was supposed to be out by now, but I haven't actually seen it for sale anywhere yet. My WW Link nendoroid needs a friend.

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10687&mode=retail

GSC10687.jpg

This was supposed to be out by now, but I haven't actually seen it for sale anywhere yet. My WW Link nendoroid needs a friend.

According to Amazon, it comes out March 30th.

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Smile-Nendoroid-Action-Figure/dp/B014QRE7EW

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I can't be the only one who finds those Nendoroid figures fugly.

• Options
    I don't like them either.

• Options
    I'm just baffled it has a swing arm to hold it up even though its feet are gigantic.

• Options
    For jumping/running poses?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    That figures face just seems so sad to me. I look at it and I think "I know little guy, you're orphaned and alone and the best you can hope for is the merchandising of your corpse."

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    That figures face just seems so sad to me. I look at it and I think "I know little guy, you're orphaned and alone and the best you can hope for is the merchandising of your corpse."

Mega Man's doing his best with what little he's given.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    There's already a few good options for Megaman figure. Kotobukiya did a gunpla kit of him or there's this one from Bandai that comes with Rush. I have one of the latter, it's pretty good!

Oh brilliant