As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Assassin's Creed] To fight the horde, sing and cry

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    Well I finally got around to playing Unity. You would think after a couple of years and 10 gigs of patches they would have the game completely fixed. You would be wrong.

This has happened to me more times then I can say and at different locations too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGN_IgI1uYc

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Unity is one of the prettiest of the series.

But the combat is mind-blowingly awful. I still can't get over how someone decided that was how the combat should be.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Honestly, they should go back to AC2/AssBro's style of combat. Syndicate is a step in the right direction, but I want to be able to grab enemy weapons, disarm, throw them, etc etc. There were much more options before they started the Unity/Syndicate style of buying and equiping new gear.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    It’s an exciting time for Assassin’s Creed.

We’re only a few months removed from the debut of Jacob and Evie Frye, the stars of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. We’re proud of the talented team in Quebec City, and all of our studios around that world that took part in bringing the Victorian London adventures of our twin Assassins to life. We truly hope you enjoy playing Assassin’s Creed Syndicate as much as our studios enjoyed making it.

Also, we recently unveiled the first images of Academy Award nominee Michael Fassbender in action as our lead Assassin in the upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie that hits theaters on December 21, 2016. Having already visited the set, we can’t begin to describe how surreal and exciting it is to walk the real-world halls of Abstergo, or see the intricate replicas of Assassin weaponry. We have an outstanding cast and crew that want to honor the rich lore of Assassin’s Creed and bring a fresh perspective to the ongoing battle between Assassins and Templars that’s fit for the big screen.

This year, we also are stepping back and re-examining the Assassin’s Creed franchise. As a result, we’ve decided that there will not be a new Assassin’s Creed game in 2016. Since the release of Assassin’s Creed Unity, we’ve learned a lot based on your feedback. We’ve also updated our development processes and recommitted to making Assassin’s Creed a premier open-world franchise. We’re taking this year to evolve the game mechanics and to make sure we’re delivering on the promise of Assassin’s Creed offering unique and memorable gameplay experiences that make history everyone’s playground.

We’ll have more to share on all of the above soon. In the meantime, we want to say thank you to our millions of fans around the world for your continued support.
    http://blog.ubi.com/a-message-from-the-assassins-creed-team/

Good. A year off is exactly what this series needs. As great as Syndicate was, they definitely need to take some time and change things up and make the next one really special and new.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The sentiment is nice, but I'm not gonna lie, it'll feel like something's missing this fall

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdeAW71IKig

Been meaning to show this for a while now.
    It has worked since AC1 up through rogue, dunno about Unity or Syndicate, haven't played em.
    It's really quite useful as you can see! Line of sight is model accurate in these games.

You hold the high profile and jump button down without moving. To let go without jumping, let go of high profile first.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Unity removed the standing vertical jump, from what I recall.

They added a "stealth mode" crouch button with cover snapping, though, so it's kind of irrelevant.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I just started playing Syndicate and I am absolutely adoring the Frye twins as characters. Love Jacob's meatheaded bravado and Evie's meticulous take-no-shittery.

Yeah, I just started to get into it, and the game is the exact goofiness I wanted and was expecting. The one problem I had is that I feel like I missed Jacob actually founding the Rooks. It feels like they were suddenly there after a tutorial mission, like I did them way out of order or something, but none of them had that part.(I did do then out of order, because I went from a mission that ended with a dude grapple hooking away, to another mission, to going back and chasing after grapple hook dude, but that was my fault.)

The other problem I have is that I keep thinking the train looks like a bottle on my minimap.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Trailer for the new movie
    https://youtu.be/gfJVoF5ko1Y

Not bad looking, though looks like the Animus is like a harness and they actually act out each memory instead of lying on a table. Also, even as someone who likes Kanye West that is one of his worst songs and associating the brand with it is... Questionable.

• Options
    I Am a God is amazing and so is that trailer

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Also I didn't expect
    0wZJKHi.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    "We work in the dark to serve the light" is the single best line of dialogue in the series, and I'm super happy they are using this instead of (or in addition to) the multiple-part Creed proper.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Well done trailer, actually gives some hope.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I can't link it from my work PC, but somebody took the Kanye music out of the trailer and replaced it with actual Assassin's Creed music. Sounds so much better! That was a good trailer in general, though. I think the movie might actually be pretty great.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I like the original version but the "fixed" one isn't bad yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeFsH-FYfMw

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    It just feels like someone is like "I just don't like Kanye, so here's the trailer synced to this song from an old AC trailer." I think the vibe of that song is right in line with just about any other trailer they've done, especially the music right after the lyrics drop out.

• Options
    lol at the notion that removing Kanye "fixes" anything

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it does seem that Kanye is a 50:50 (or marmite) response. I think he worked really well myself.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I don't hate or like Kanye, but I don't feel like that song fit well with the trailer. Kinda took me out of it a little.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The subject matter of the song is very appropriate considering The Truth and all that jazz, I just don't care for the song itself personally. It doesn't take down my interest for the movie in anyway, especially because it's unlikely it will even be in the real movie.

That said, if they paid $Texas to get back Jesper Kyd for the film I would be very happy indeed.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Just about every AC has had a musical trailer with a pounding background track. I just watched a bunch of 'em, and man, say what you will about the actual games, but they make a hell of a trailer. AC II had a Justice EDM track, ACB had that Unkle song, ACR had that Woodkid song, ACIII had that incredibly popular Imagine Dragons song, AC IV had a Sigur Ros song, ACU had a Lorde cover of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," Rogue had a 30 Seconds to Mars song, and ACS had a remix of a Noel Gallagher song (by a couple of the dudes from UNKLE). The AC movie trailer pretty much fits with the tone of all of those, except it's from a rapper who is immediately recognizable (and polarizing) to the general populace.

RandomHajile on
  • Options
    The subject matter of the song is very appropriate considering The Truth and all that jazz, I just don't care for the song itself personally. It doesn't take down my interest for the movie in anyway, especially because it's unlikely it will even be in the real movie.

That said, if they paid $Texas to get back Jesper Kyd for the film I would be very happy indeed.
    Yo, Austin Wintory is pretty great, too. Don't sleep on that AC Syndicate soundtrack.

• Options
    Actually, I love just about all those trailers and think those songs would have made a better fit. I even really like Kanye in general, I just don't like his egotistical side and I Am A God is him taking that imagery and shoving it down everyone's throat. There were even better choices from his catalogue to choose from, IMO.

Anyways, I am wondering when and if we're gonna hear about AC7 and if it will tie-in with the movie at all.

• Options

Yo, Austin Wintory is pretty great, too. Don't sleep on that AC Syndicate soundtrack.

I am still only about halfway through syndicate but I did like the soundtrack more than the last few. Nothing beats the AC2/AssBro soundtracks tho.

• Options
    Actually, I love just about all those trailers and think those songs would have made a better fit. I even really like Kanye in general, I just don't like his egotistical side and I Am A God is him taking that imagery and shoving it down everyone's throat. There were even better choices from his catalogue to choose from, IMO.

Anyways, I am wondering when and if we're gonna hear about AC7 and if it will tie-in with the movie at all.
    Yeah, I'm not saying Kanye is the best choice, but it's fine, and isn't exactly an outlier among the rest of those songs.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

To be fair I Am A God is about 99% Kanye poking fun at himself.

Since he says"Let me be struck by lightning"

And the weird screeching effect?

Is him being struck by lightning.

• Options
    There was also an AC trailer that had "Started from the Bottom" by Drake

I think it was Black Flag?

• Options
    There was also an AC trailer that had "Started from the Bottom" by Drake

I think it was Black Flag?
    Yeah, that was the TV commercial for Black Flag. I had totally forgotten about that.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Assassin's Creed has had some awesome music choices for its trailers, ever since Lonely Soul for the very first game. Which now takes me baaaaaaaaaack!
    Then you had this one for 4:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVKj99yCDA

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/assassins-creed-movie-is-65-present-day-35-past

Movie will be 65% present day, 35% Animus. Sounds great to me!

• Options
    That makes me a bit worried, though if anything I hope they just give us more details on Abstergo and how they work. They also give away a lot in the trailer, such as scenes where Fassbinder's character is fighting off many guards.

Also interesting, his character's name is "Aguilar" which means "Place of eagles", and also Altair is the brightest star in the constellation named Aguilar

• Options
    jackerbyjackerby Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    https://vg247.com/2016/05/12/assassins-creed-film-star-on-game-adaptions-someones-got-to-do-it-right-once/

What do you guys make of this? Don't get me wrong, the trailer looks really promising (also have reservations about Kanye though...!), but "someone's got to do it right once" feels a bit like a gambler's fallacy haha.

Still though, it's really encouraging to hear Michael Fassbender talking about it with a degree passion! I really rate him as an actor, so I'm pretty hopeful about it.

• Options
    It depends. Looks like Ubisoft had some more control over the film than say, Prince of Persia. I think it's promising that it looks so similar to the games and has such a good cast, but we shall see.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Hey, dawgs.

How's the DLC for Syndicate? Worth $10 for the season pass?

• Options
    I don't particularly remember it being that remarkable, but if you like Syndicate supposedly the Jack the Ripper DLC is pretty aces

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I jumped on the sale too and as much as I like the gameplay I HAAAAAATE these story sequences. Jesus, could one damn male character not be a douchebag, an asshole or a villain? Every guy in the series is challenging each other constantly and repeatedly poking egos. I absolutely hate it.

And don't get me started on the women.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I think this supposed jump back to good old antiquity could be great. If it really is Egypt, I'm sure they'll almost have to do something with Ahnkenaten. It's almost too easy to explain him away by giving him a piece of Eden.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Im not sure if I want ancient egypt or Roman era Cleopatra egypt. Maybe both?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I peaced out after AC3. Connor wasn't bad, but I was mostly invested in Desmond's story. When it was clear this was going to be a franchise zombie with no thought to the future, I realized I'd rather keep my memories of the first few games intact. I think AC3 gets a lot of unfair flak because it a lot of the mechanics were great and really were next gen. It's just hidden behind a clunky interface.

manwiththemachinegun on