As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Oh they've got the next stages of recruitment firing without the previous one completed, bit late for Lokin...but a damn good change, I really can't see myself completing some of these especially more then once.

HK-55 looks amazing.

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    They broke artifice, at least hilt making requires gun maker mats. Unless of course that's the new plan of requiring artifice to have another craft group make their base mat.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yaaaay my patching finally finished!

Except it needed to repair and I'm pretty sure it's redownloading the entire game now.

Getting rid of BitRaider seemed like a great idea 8 hours ago!

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    What's Blizz's recruitment requirements?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I finished the new chapter. Have to say it was disappointingly short. I was hoping with all the wait for new chapters that they'd extend them a bit.

Still just as good writing, plot and characters as before. I was never a big fan of that companion, but at least I have an idea of how they'll treat other companions that I'm more interested in.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Grove wrote: »
    What's Blizz's recruitment requirements?

Collecting salvage around hoth to raise his reputation with you to 10...another grind.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Are there any new Star Fortress based companions?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    For the new chapters is it worth running through it multiple times? I had intended to run through a couple of class stories I hadn't done before, but having spent a few years away from traditional MMO's the combat just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. I played a ton for two weeks and then lost the interest in playing anymore. I did at least really enjoy the 25-30 hours I played and it filled my need for some Star Wars content after seeing TFA.

If the class stories are all the same in the new content apart from a few conversations maybe I'll figure out how to play my Bounty Hunter or Agent again and just run one of them through.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Cormac wrote: »
    For the new chapters is it worth running through it multiple times? I had intended to run through a couple of class stories I hadn't done before, but having spent a few years away from traditional MMO's the combat just wasn't doing anything for me anymore. I played a ton for two weeks and then lost the interest in playing anymore. I did at least really enjoy the 25-30 hours I played and it filled my need for some Star Wars content after seeing TFA.

If the class stories are all the same in the new content apart from a few conversations maybe I'll figure out how to play my Bounty Hunter or Agent again and just run one of them through.

It's not worth running it multiple times I'm afraid. At least as if right now, the changes when you make different decisions are fairly inconsequential. The game acts like it's going to remember your choices for impact later, but who knows.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Spoilers for Chapter 10
    Koth can leave you depending on what choices you made earlier and the choices made at the end of Chapter 10.

So, choices kinda matter, but it takes awhile for it to play out. I know some choices will again matter come Chapters 12 and 13 due to datamining.

With all of that said, a LS run, a DS run, and a gray run probably will cover all your bases.

Assuran on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Spoilers for Chapter 10
    Koth can leave you depending on what choices you made earlier and the choices made at the end of Chapter 10.

So, choices kinda matter, but it takes awhile for it to play out. I know some choices will again matter come Chapters 12 and 13 due to datamining.

With all of that said, a LS run, a DS run, and a gray run probably will cover all your bases.

My Sith is gonna have so much fun.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    HK-51 has a new title in the companion list. "The Finest in Automated Assassination."

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    Spoilers for Chapter 10

I'd add in an Agent run, too, if your LS/DS/gray run don't include an Agent..

edited February 2016
    Neat. So if you qualified for the HK-55 perma-companion, you get a spiffy new armor look for him by way of a costume, differentiating you from people who are merely dragging him around from the middle of the previous chapter.

And the tradeskill window now sorts by highest influence first - about time.

Donnicton on
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Dear lord. Enough with the elevators.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870077
    Here are the current Known Issues for Game Update 4.1! This list will be updated as we come across other issues.
    • The Alliance Alerts "Reclaimed Treasure" and "Shining In The Darkness" are present in the Alliance UI but are not usable.
    • The Outlander gear has changed colors.
    • Schematics can be missing from Crew Skill Crafting lists for some players.
    • Lokin's Influence amount is not appropriately reflected until the item turn-in step of the Mission "A Kindly Old Monster."
    • 212, 216, and 220 Craftable Relics are Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip.
    • Rating 200 and 208 Artifice items require Armstech Components when they should require Artifice Components.
    • Crafted 200 and 208 Armstech Items require Underworld Trading materials when they should require Investigation.
    • Grade 9 Cybertech Grenades require Armormech Components when they should require Cybertech components.
    • 200 and 208 Armstech & Artifice weapons are missing color crystal slots.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I found that missing schematics bug after I spent 100k on all the recipes :/

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Cambiata wrote: »
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=870077
    Here are the current Known Issues for Game Update 4.1! This list will be updated as we come across other issues.
    • The Alliance Alerts "Reclaimed Treasure" and "Shining In The Darkness" are present in the Alliance UI but are not usable.
    • The Outlander gear has changed colors.
    • Schematics can be missing from Crew Skill Crafting lists for some players.
    • Lokin's Influence amount is not appropriately reflected until the item turn-in step of the Mission "A Kindly Old Monster."
    • 212, 216, and 220 Craftable Relics are Bind on Pickup instead of Bind on Equip.
    • Rating 200 and 208 Artifice items require Armstech Components when they should require Artifice Components.
    • Crafted 200 and 208 Armstech Items require Underworld Trading materials when they should require Investigation.
    • Grade 9 Cybertech Grenades require Armormech Components when they should require Cybertech components.
    • 200 and 208 Armstech & Artifice weapons are missing color crystal slots.

If they had done some public/invite-only beta testing, I don't see one of those slipping by...

[edit] Maybe this one would.

Commodore75 on
    Very disappointing chapter, a whole lot of the same two mobs and samey environments broken up by all to brief conversation with a character I didn't like...even more then I did the first time round.

Could of been some what saved if I'd gotten a choice at the end to:
    Kill her off...she's a consummate liar and betrayer, hell she betrays a handful of people in the 30~ minutes this chapter takes. It's only a matter of time before she tries to stab me in the back....

Should of been more.

And TOR just went down for an hour and a half to apply 4.1a. Not stated what's getting fixed in this one, but hopefully they're getting a handle on the bugs introduced with 4.1.

Their process could use some help, or their QA department needs more people. Or more authority to stop the release.

I'm pretty sure EA has them on a skeleton crew. Because EA

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    Very disappointing chapter, a whole lot of the same two mobs and samey environments broken up by all to brief conversation with a character I didn't like...even more then I did the first time round.

Could of been some what saved if I'd gotten a choice at the end to:
    Kill her off...she's a consummate liar and betrayer, hell she betrays a handful of people in the 30~ minutes this chapter takes. It's only a matter of time before she tries to stab me in the back....

Should of been more.

I feel like they might give us the chance to kill of a bunch of companions so I wouldn't rule it out.

It definitely feels like BWA's process or resources are insufficient for releases.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    Chapter 10 stuff:
    I wish Kaliyo had gone through with the bombing despite you trying to talk her down. It would have made the aftermath so much better and reinforce her "Whateva, I do what I want!" attitude.

Livestream notes from the forum:
    Producer Livestream Today! | 02.11.2016, 11:42 PM
    Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

Community Topics
    Chapter X Launch - We know this week has had its rough patches with the launch of Chapter X. We are working internally to improve these processes to avoid things like this from happening in the future. Thank all of you for your patience this week.
    Anarchist Pack - We have definitely seen excitement around the new items in the pack, but the pack reviews have been mixed. Please keep the feedback coming as the MTX team is always looking at ways to adjust.
    February Subscriber Gift
    Be a subscriber who is opted in to receive emails by 2/14...
    Receive a code for 1050 Cartel Coins
    Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
    If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there
    Chapter XI: Disavowed
    Launches March 10th
    Join forces with Major Aric Jorgan of Havoc Squad
    Eternal Championship
    Fight through 10 bosses
    Weekly Missions for defeating bosses 5, 7, and 10
    Rare Mount and Mini-pet drops
    Blog coming later this month
    View the archive of the live stream for some Eternal Championship footage
    New Warzone
    Coming in April with Chapter XII
    Cross Faction Alliance teams fight together with players from opposite Factions on the same team
    Lana Beniko will be voicing this Warzone
    2-5 control points throughout the map
    Collect power-ups that affect the control points
    PTS is planned to start in 2-3 weeks (I will pass on info as I have it)
    Bonus
    Rishi Arena is coming as well
    Will come to PTS along with the new Warzone
    Launch date TBD
    Quality of Life
    These changes are coming with Chapter XII in April
    You can now have all five Strongholds active at a time
    50% increase in decoration limits for Guild Flagships
    Common decoration limit increased to 999
    Guilds can now have 1,000 members!
    There is now a Legacy Name column in your guild where you can designate that Legacy's main character
    Mass selection for editing Guild Members
    We are working on some other QoL improvements as well which we will hopefully announce in the next few weeks
    Sub Rewards
    Sub by March 1st to qualify for Early Access to Chapter XI and to receive the HK-55 inspired helmet
    Thanks everyone!

-eric

Cross-faction warzones...oh the complaining will be strong there.

And artifice hilts still broken.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    They're updating so you can have 5 strongholds! YES!

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Kinda glad I didn't deactivate Tatooine yet then.

Fucking hell, the Unstable Arbiter's DUALSABERs are going for 33.5 mil.

The cheapest Lightsaber is an eye-watering 50-mil.

I have a feeling my goal of obtaining all the weapons out of the new packs isn't going to work this time around.

Orca wrote: »
    Fucking hell, the Unstable Arbiter's DUALSABERs are going for 33.5 mil.

The cheapest Lightsaber is an eye-watering 50-mil.

I have a feeling my goal of obtaining all the weapons out of the new packs isn't going to work this time around.

Eh they just hit the market, they'll be cheaper later on when more people buy packs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Since the patch, has anyone else been unable to do the Blizz mission? Like, it's not appearing in your alerts? (It was in my Knight's companion panel and I got him, and then it hasn't been in any of my other characters, even my Bounty Hunter.)

I needed to finish the latest chapter for him to show up.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Trooper story stuff
    Just finished the Gauntlet assault. I thought it was super rad that I finally got to do something with all my companions! And I got to choose who did what, like in Mass Effect!
    Aaaaand then the whole mission was done in like 10 minutes, and I didn't even get to do anything with the bridge team. So close guys, come on uggggggh

Strikor wrote: »
    Livestream notes from the forum:
    Producer Livestream Today! | 02.11.2016, 11:42 PM
    Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

Community Topics
    Chapter X Launch - We know this week has had its rough patches with the launch of Chapter X. We are working internally to improve these processes to avoid things like this from happening in the future. Thank all of you for your patience this week.
    Anarchist Pack - We have definitely seen excitement around the new items in the pack, but the pack reviews have been mixed. Please keep the feedback coming as the MTX team is always looking at ways to adjust.
    February Subscriber Gift
    Be a subscriber who is opted in to receive emails by 2/14...
    Receive a code for 1050 Cartel Coins
    Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
    If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there
    Chapter XI: Disavowed
    Launches March 10th
    Join forces with Major Aric Jorgan of Havoc Squad
    Eternal Championship
    Fight through 10 bosses
    Weekly Missions for defeating bosses 5, 7, and 10
    Rare Mount and Mini-pet drops
    Blog coming later this month
    View the archive of the live stream for some Eternal Championship footage
    New Warzone
    Coming in April with Chapter XII
    Cross Faction Alliance teams fight together with players from opposite Factions on the same team
    Lana Beniko will be voicing this Warzone
    2-5 control points throughout the map
    Collect power-ups that affect the control points
    PTS is planned to start in 2-3 weeks (I will pass on info as I have it)
    Bonus
    Rishi Arena is coming as well
    Will come to PTS along with the new Warzone
    Launch date TBD
    Quality of Life
    These changes are coming with Chapter XII in April
    You can now have all five Strongholds active at a time
    50% increase in decoration limits for Guild Flagships
    Common decoration limit increased to 999
    Guilds can now have 1,000 members!
    There is now a Legacy Name column in your guild where you can designate that Legacy's main character
    Mass selection for editing Guild Members
    We are working on some other QoL improvements as well which we will hopefully announce in the next few weeks
    Sub Rewards
    Sub by March 1st to qualify for Early Access to Chapter XI and to receive the HK-55 inspired helmet
    Thanks everyone!

-eric

Cross-faction warzones...oh the complaining will be strong there.

I feel like the helmet thing is a hint that they're going to be doing some year-long thing where staying subscribed throughout the year will give you one bit of HK-55 inspired gear per month.

edited February 2016
    Wait, cross faction warzones? If that's for real, the PVP crowd will love it. They've been asking for that since day one practically.

Edit: wait, I was thinking of that as cross-server pvp. Cross faction I don't think anyone's asked for, but I don't think it will be complained about. could be fun.

Cambiata on
  • yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Finished the new chapter. Liked the story elements and character interaction/development. Did not enjoy the combat at all, which was kind of puzzling because my sorc has always been decent fun.

I think the problem is normal mobs taking too long to die along with shitty rewards, never saw anything over 200 credits on a drop. At least with heroics I feel like the money is worth the effort and I tend to go through most enemies fairly quick. Plus I kept pulling enemies from halfway across the map, making a lot of combat mandatory that I would have preferred to skip.

Anyway, the fact that there were actual consequences for going dark side has convinced me to play through everything again with my Jedi Knight. This really is KOTOR III.

"I see everything twice!"

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    So how did chapter 11 turn out? I should patch this back up again

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited February 2016
    11's not out yet.

Shadowen on
    Finished the new chapter. Liked the story elements and character interaction/development. Did not enjoy the combat at all, which was kind of puzzling because my sorc has always been decent fun.

I think the problem is normal mobs taking too long to die along with shitty rewards, never saw anything over 200 credits on a drop. At least with heroics I feel like the money is worth the effort and I tend to go through most enemies fairly quick. Plus I kept pulling enemies from halfway across the map, making a lot of combat mandatory that I would have preferred to skip.

Anyway, the fact that there were actual consequences for going dark side has convinced me to play through everything again with my Jedi Knight. This really is KOTOR III.

Yeah I actually started my Inquisitor on the new chapters, which I hadn't initially intended. This is my 'kill everything' character, I'm going to see how many lightsiders I can straight up disgust out of my rebel group.

I haven't decided about Xalek yet though. On one hand he's a murder machine. On the other hand, I can tell him to go fuck himself which you can't do with many companions it seems.

Wait, what? There are consequences to dark side stuff? Someone please spoiler me!

This discussion has been closed.