As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oregon Militia: All aboard the crazy train.

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Who is the crazy woman on her way?

edit- "We're walking out tomorrow, but before then you have to come in and fuckin' kill me. I'm done talkin' that's it. They're going to have to fuckin' kill us."

apparently everyone on youtube is only listening to hear them die

Captain Marcus on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I like how all these groups not showing up is because they are "infiltrated by FBI agents"

Every member is secretly an FBI agent from a different region. lol

They need to explain to themselves the disconnect between the initial militia rhetoric, and the incredibly quick collapse of the occupation when officers started arresting people.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    "We don't need three people speeding down here, we need THOUSANDS"

I mean it's like they actually think they have thousands of supporters.

They keep on vacillating between delusions of tons of support and realizing how little anybody supports them.

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    59k are listening.

Most are making fun of you and/or hoping you don't do something stupid.

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Invectivus wrote: »
    They are close to loosing it here.

This is going to end badly

I'm definitely getting the impression this goes to shit if she gets off the phone.

Google says Portland to Burns is 5 hours. She's got her work cut out for her.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    "I'm sorry maam. We've discussed it as a nation and it turns out we all just like the birds way more than we like you."

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    oh he has an idea

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    oh he has an idea

Yeah I don't like that line.

Michele Fiore, Republican assemblywoman from Nevada.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • NartwakNartwak Registered User regular

edit- "We're walking out tomorrow, but before then you have to come in and fuckin' kill me. I'm done talkin' that's it. They're going to have to fuckin' kill us."

apparently everyone on youtube is only listening to hear them die

Nevada house assemblywoman Michele Fiore, I believe.

She's a movement sympathizer. You can lookup things she said at the beginning and during the occupation.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Invectivus wrote: »
    They are close to loosing it here.

This is going to end badly

I'm definitely getting the impression this goes to shit if she gets off the phone.

Google says Portland to Burns is 5 hours. She's got her work cut out for her.

Cell phone reception in the mountains is not good.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Michele Fiore, Republican assemblywoman from Nevada.

I mean, whatever other shit she may be doing or have done to get herself wrapped up in this, props to her doing whatever she can to keep this calm and keep them alive.

I really wish when this had all started they'd have just hauled in water and dumped it on the refuge with fire-choppers. It was well below freezing. They'd have all broken their hips and been begging to leave.

• RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    What I want to know is what exactly is supposed to happen when she gets there? She's an out of state semi-Looney state assemblywoman.

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I think Fiore is trying to end this peacefully. The FBI must be in contact with her, telling her to keep them calm

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Raynaga wrote: »
    What I want to know is what exactly is supposed to happen when she gets there? She's an out of state semi-Looney state assemblywoman.

If the FBI thinks she can get them to walk out without a firefight, they'll let her do whatever she can.

...I googled her. Take out semi.

One of them is now referencing Braveheart.

I'm sure they think that they think she will somehow be able to get the charges removed or offer some sort of state asylum. I really don't think her showing up will do any good.

....oh, god. Do you remember Braveheart? Are we sure this isn't a war of the worlds level stunt?

hahah aclu

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    "IF THIS WAS BLACK LIVES MATTER THE ACLU WOULD BE HERE"

oh just get fucked

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    Couscous wrote: »
    One of them is now referencing fantasizing about Braveheart.

hahah aclu

The funny thing is that the ACLU of Oregon is actually defending Pete Santilli.

If this was BLM you people would have been breathing tear gas for the last two weeks.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    If this was BLM you people would have been breathing tear gas for the last two weeks.

You think they would really tear gas 2 week old graves?

edited February 2016
    Raiden333 wrote: »

oh just get fucked

Edit: I don't know that the government would just go in shooting if it was BLM but I certainly don't think they'd have humored them for 2 months.

dispatch.o on
    yes michele lets do some jokes

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

oh just get fucked

And I just got the acronym for BLM straightened out, too.

Assholes.

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    I doubt they even know what the ACLU is other than a phrase they've heard vilified for years on Fox news and right wing radio.

There is nothing particularly surprising about these people. They are the predictable outcome of the 24/7 torrent of lies and extremism that characterizes american right wing media.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    propane and propane accessories

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    these guys are at the point where they're willing to die because they want to light a propane tank instead of just go inside

these people are trying to get killed

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    Couscous wrote: »
    hahah aclu

The funny thing is that the ACLU of Oregon is actually defending Pete Santilli.

I'd be surprised if they weren't. Claims to be a journalist, and gets jailed? Total ACLU material.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    "They just old us their vehicles are nice and warm"

FBI is straight trolling them. How do I get that job?

I doubt they even know what the ACLU is other than a phrase they've heard vilified for years on Fox news and right wing radio.

There is nothing particularly surprising about these people. They are the predictable outcome of the 24/7 torrent of lies and extremism that characterizes american right wing media.

They have some moments of lucidity, where they're realizing that no one is coming to help and the revolution is not happening. Seems to siloed from the rest of what's happening in their brains, though.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Just put the kids to bed, check the forums WHAT THE HELL WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MILITIA THREAD?!

Oh...that's what happened.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    And this feed. Holy shit this feed.

Now they have the Victoria Sharpe character who went through bold-faced denial in front of the CNN reporter when confronted with the video of Lavoy Finnicum's shooting.

And this entire thing is being orchestrated by Gavin Seim, who is a higher end tool in the whole toolbox of stupid in this scenario?

Oh, now they're quoting Psalms.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've had enough of the feed. I'm going to hope this is resolved peacefully by the time I wake up tomorrow. Not confident it will be resolved peacefully, though.

Maybe they're going to use the "Airheads Defense" where they start asking for naked pictures of Bea Arthur and football helmets full of cottage cheese?

This discussion has been closed.